Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Links to other wildlife cameras around the world.
Abigyl

Re: Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Post by Abigyl »

They have so much food that all 4 of them look like nice chickens.

They are standing on the edge and it's a real danger for them. They are already too big for some poor branches as a fence.
Let's hope the :vangry: neighbor will let them grow up in peace. The video of the attacks went viral in 24 hours all over the world.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

It's nice to see that all 4 are still there and have grown nicely and are already trying out wings:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Latvian cam in one screen!
A very useful and ingenious solution.
Is displayed on the screen of the four was a cam on the screen. The bottom of each camera images visible red slider 4 hours to go back in time. Very well!

http://dabasdati.lv/site/kameras/kamera05-v.html
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Liz01 wrote::hi:
this a Kestrel live cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs7QoX8GJOo

:hi:
Walingford, Oxsfordshire, UK[/b]
Common kestrel / Falco tinnunculus/

http://www.ceh.ac.uk/monitoring-kestrels
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Does anyone know if the Alutaguse Bear cam will be opened this year? It is already may. The forum is locked.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

You have to look or ask at the right place in order that your questions are found!

viewtopic.php?p=460945#p460945
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis silvestris wrote:You have to look or ask at the right place in order that your questions are found!

viewtopic.php?p=460945#p460945
Thank you Felis.
I have checked the whole list of forums where I could put my question. I had no idea it had to be in the 'news' section, it doesn't seem logical to me.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The topic of the forum where Rut asked the question is called "What's going on in the Looduskalender forums" - I find this place quite logic and also the forum in which it is placed, which is the Questions and help.

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: They will be ringed in 10 days or so. Kingfisher.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41zpu ... le_animals
Yes, I hate this promotion soooo much.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

bielikoholik :hi: thank you for this link :2thumbsup:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Felis silvestris wrote:It's nice to see that all 4 are still there and have grown nicely and are already trying out wings:

They had much food, they couldn't handle it. It was too much ! Sometimes they had to sleep at night on rabbits, lizards and others... because they didn't finish what they got during the day.
It's very interesting to see now, how they are "branching" without a tree :thumbs:
They are beautiful! They look much bigger than the common buzzard we watch on the nest here, or is it the camera?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, this nest was (or still is) quite special. It was interesting to see (and I am quite sad that I could not follow it as closely as I would have liked to) the difference to "our" buzzards in Estonia. The young ones are special, also in their looks.

Newspaper "Haaretz" from Israel had something about the camera, which must have also included something about the Estonian cameras. Unfortunately without a paid registration it is not possible to read the article.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/scie ... m-1.717517

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The Polish LSE nest has moved here: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=847

:wave:

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Felis silvestris wrote:Yes, this nest was (or still is) quite special. It was interesting to see (and I am quite sad that I could not follow it as closely as I would have liked to) the difference to "our" buzzards in Estonia. The young ones are special, also in their looks.

Newspaper "Haaretz" from Israel had something about the camera, which must have also included something about the Estonian cameras. Unfortunately without a paid registration it is not possible to read the article.
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/scie ... m-1.717517
I'll try to get a translation of the article.

This morning, I saw a very sad video on their facebook.
I think that during the night, their "ENEMY" stole a big chick :cry:
They were all ready to fly, I saw them yesterday jumping high and testing their wings.
Now there are only 3 of them.

It looks like there is a dead body on the front, is it possible?
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Happy End !! :loveshower:

Breaking News from this morning:

The stolen Buzzard's chick, came back home by himself :thumbs: :bow:

It appears that the Bubo-Bubo couldn't handle such a heavy chick after all, he dropped it not far from nest, 20 m under the rocky nest.
Parents found him and protected him. After he was better he started to climb the rock slowly, it took many hours and he called all the time. It was the youngest who is less trained than his siblings.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thankfully when I read about the missing one, I had seen all 4 on the nest already and knew all is well. I had looked at the camera in the early afternoon and saw 3 and one kept on looking down, so I thought maybe the 4th fledged and sits down there. A bit later I looked and there were four of them, even if it is a bit difficult to make all of them out clearly.

I had a look today in the evening - all four there

:thumbs:

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

May 9

Wow! What a news! :shock:
Happily all ends good... all 4 chicks are around now and mom is bringing nice snacks for them... :thumbs:

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No snack I would crave for - shudder!

I had no chance or time to look today, but today evening I looked. First the ledge was empty, but now at least two seem to be there for the night.

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

A real Happy End with 100% excellent results: 4 out of 4 !

All 4 were out yesterday, last night 2 came back and Mama was with them.

Now there is only one alone, calling from time to time. I think he can see siblings around.

They wrote a long article last night only in Hebrew. Hope they'll put something in English soon.

There is another couple of birds with one egg, the are still incubating on a tree.

Return to “Camera Links”