Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam 2013

Post by Jo UK »

Many thanks to Bea, who did not have problems with bucket! :bow:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

thank you Bea :thumbs:

( and Jo for post this beautiful pictures from Renno )
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

Fleur wrote:My last movie here ( I think :laugh: )
( because of the editing, the quality from the movie is a big loss )

Thank you for this last movie. This morning I looked it complete and it is so nice to see all the important things in a "short" film. Now I´m a bit wistful.

:blush: I catch myself to open the webcam for the little hope :slap: to find there a little owl in. It is very silly, because I know it very well, that neither Artur nor Paul will go back to the nestbox...and it is good so... :blush: :rant:
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

Jo UK wrote:Renno has been to look for our owls and owlets today. He has sent two pictures. Renno said that he saw Klaara and Klaus, but not the two young ones - though they are certainly there. The difficulty in seeing them is that they are small, and broad-leaved trees hide them well.

Renno will look for them again, soon.

Thank you for your effort to try to take a picture. but a picture of Klara ist also very nice. Nevertheless I´m hoping of a picture of the little ones... :blush:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Renno thanks for the photos. It is nice to see such greenery for our little ones to hide in.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

[quote="Mogli :blush: I catch myself to open the webcam for the little hope :slap: to find there a little owl in. It is very silly, because I know it very well, that neither Artur nor Paul will go back to the nestbox...and it is good so... :blush: :rant:[/quote]

I do the same from time to time … and hope to hear their voices anyway. :shock:
Freeway

Post by Freeway »

I want to say Thank you all too...it was my first time and I enjoyed it so very much ! :loveshower: I hope I can watch again next year....!
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

Mamicja wrote:I do the same from time to time … and hope to hear their voices anyway. :shock:
....but unfortunately We can´t hear them...only other birds-they sing very well - but I want to hear my "babies" :faint:
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

i miss them so much :cry: :cry: :cry:
even-wolves-dream

Post by even-wolves-dream »

bavariya wrote:i miss them so much :cry: :cry: :cry:
...yes, I´m too :cry:

All the mamas (and papas)missed their babies...
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

Stupid question: when Klara will come back? only next year???
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

bavariya, there are never stupid questions... :innocent:

I´m thinking, that the adult owls searching for an hollow only in their mating season :puzzled:
asteria

Post by asteria »

All the family is now somewhere nearby, Klaara and Klaus are feeding their branching kids but they don't need the nest anymore. Paul and Artur hasn't fledged yet.
bavariya

Post by bavariya »

thank you for the answers :shake:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Unfortunately I missed the last days, but thanks to everyone who shared pictures, so at least I have an idea how the two left their nest box.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
dashata

Post by dashata »

Rain.. A little bit sad, although I understand that Arthur, Paul and Clara Claus all right. :wave:

And only then it all starts. But there are two chicks and three eggs:)
http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kurg.html
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

I tried to compare the appearance of the nest immediately after Paul’s jump and now. There are some differences. Could some animals visited the nest?
Has anybody noticed this?
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Perhaps somebody who is teaching children about owls...then they collect the pellets to examine exactly what the owlet had to eat.
There is a weekend 'nature school' near me who do that....go to nest where owls have nested to collect information.

:wave:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

If I compare the two pictures then everything is still in the closet, bedding, feathers and other stuff

it could also be that a small bird, such as a tit on the bottom was looking for insects.
Mogli

Post by Mogli »

Mamicja wrote:I tried to compare the appearance of the nest immediately after Paul’s jump and now. There are some differences. Could some animals visited the nest?
Has anybody noticed this?

No sorry, I didn´t notice any other animal...I´m currently trying to look not so often to this empty nest. It makes me sad :cry: so I´m trying to find a new web cam which distract me from the little owls...the storks are also nice, but unfortunately the distance between camera and storks is bigger...so we can see the the littles not so good... :unsure:

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”