Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Post by Jo UK »

Mew

Post by Mew »

Jo UK wrote:Is this on-topic, or not?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsi ... 745604.stm
That owl is so beautiful, it's almost too good to be true.... And it is unlike the (significantly larger) swan from our village duck pond - who ended up in the lion enclosure at the local zoo (eaten!). :cry:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Thats there one very lucky owl.. :shock: 'the one that got away'. Maybe the lion didn't even see it.? Have they sharp sight ? Well I suppose so being from the cat family :puzzled: The lion looks so dignified.. maybe thought it was below his dignity to eat such meagre prey. :mrgreen:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

The owlet doesn't seem to be scared. Round and fluffy = cute :rolleyes:
Mew

Post by Mew »

A picture of a Biggie-like owlet :chick: watching proceedings at the East Scotland WTE reintroduction project: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/blogs/ ... entmessage
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Mew wrote:A picture of a Biggie-like owlet :chick: watching proceedings at the East Scotland WTE reintroduction project: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/blogs/ ... entmessage
it is down so low -- I would guess that might mean it was an owlet who recently made the jump into the big world.

(today I had a family of fledgling juncos in my yard -- a bit like tits maybe, but they nest/or hang out on the ground. I have no idea how they survived the cats this long, but the fledglings were hopping about just barely able to fly a few feet -- so Sammy, the cat fiend, stayed in.
Oregon Junco is my variety http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Dark-eyed_Junco/id )
estonice

Post by estonice »

Owl is definitely cuter than lion :loveshower: (sorry lion and lions fans :unsure: but it's true)
estonice

Post by estonice »

Mew wrote: That owl is so beautiful, it's almost too good to be true....
Hey :shock: !Our baby owlets was/are too so beautiful :loveshower: (all eight chicks but i don't know how much babies was there before !?) :rolleyes:
Mew

Post by Mew »

estonice wrote: Hey :shock: !Our baby owlets was/are too so beautiful :loveshower: (all eight chicks but i don't know how much babies was there before !?) :rolleyes:
Yep, I know - but we aren't in a position to see a picture of Biggie looking beautiful and grown-up, just now........ :cry: Which are the eight chicks, please? :unsure:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

This site has LOTS of pictures
This is a link to Tawny Owls

I lied -- you will have to do your own searches. Owl, Tawny -- there are a lot of owls to scroll through

but you can look up lots of birds
http://www.birdguides.com/iris/default.asp

The pictures are small -- but that picture of the branchling looking at the branch/its feet is so adorable.
Sovenki

Post by Sovenki »

alice44
Thanks!
Beautiful! :loveshower:
Maria/
katicurl

Post by katicurl »

Thank you, alice44! Such a lovely gallery! :chick:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

alice44 wrote:This site has LOTS of pictures
This is a link to Tawny Owls

I lied -- you will have to do your own searches. Owl, Tawny -- there are a lot of owls to scroll through

but you can look up lots of birds
http://www.birdguides.com/iris/default.asp

The pictures are small -- but that picture of the branchling looking at the branch/its feet is so adorable.
Alice, thank you. I have just found Tonn there! I searched for Greater Spotted Eagle, and there he was, down the page a little.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Jo UK wrote: Alice, thank you. I have just found Tonn there! I searched for Greater Spotted Eagle, and there he was, down the page a little.
And a beautiful photograph of a WTE at Mull Scotland on 29/5/2010
I will ask Jo if we should be somewhere else.. with all a' this... :shake: :rotf:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
asteria

Post by asteria »

Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Macdoum, I had to check where we are now - Tawny Owl cam. But that wonderful link covers all birds on this forum and very many more!
I think it would make more work to put each one on its own topic., so is it OK to leave it here?
I think it is :gathering:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Jo UK wrote:Macdoum, I had to check where we are now - Tawny Owl cam. But that wonderful link covers all birds on this forum and very many more!
I think it would make more work to put each one on its own topic., so is it OK to leave it here?
Me too
I did copy a bit into interesting links
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks for doing that, Alice.
I knew it needed to be done but I wanted to go out in the garden and watch the swallows!

What is the weather lore about them - if they fly low then the weather will be????
(I know it is all about the height above ground of the insects they catch)
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Jo UK wrote:Macdoum, I had to check where we are now - Tawny Owl cam. But that wonderful link covers all birds on this forum and very many more!
Well, let me think :puzzled: My conclusions are that it is of the highest importance
to A. Watch the swallows. (fly low= rain coming ) B. Sit in the sun. C Do nothing at all for at least one hour pr day. D. Please take a moment to explain why England are having beautiful sunshine and here we are freezing.!! E. Well, leave well alone. :D
NOTA BENE;
these are importand issues which have to be resolved.
P.S. In the links from Alice yesterday i.e. birds of Estonia etc; THere are photos of the elusive Black Grouse. :headroll:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Jo;

More serious the female osprey in Loch of Lowes is in deep trouble, maybe getting better but.. Jo would you post that in a right place,please.
Brings back very bad memories as she seems to have lost a talon. :cry:
Lots of news and blogs up there (Scotland)
Emily Dickinson

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”