Black Stork nest in Portugal

Ciconia nigra cams and information
garina do mar

Re: Black Stork nest in Portugal

Post by garina do mar »

Hello Renandeli :wave:
One more time many thanks for the complete diaries :loveshower:
I promise that from saturday on I will help you with them but this week is really crazy :cry:
Be Natural
Olga

Post by Olga »

garina do mar wrote:Hello Renandeli :wave:
One more time many thanks for the complete diaries :loveshower:
I promise that from saturday on I will help you with them but this week is really crazy :cry:
Thank you! It's allright. I love to follow the life of Black Storks.. Just during these weeks I have had more time than later in the spring. But when Estonian Black Storks return then there will be much 'work' to do here for many many others too. I hope it will be a great time. It would be so great to see the nesting of two Black Stork families! :2thumbsup:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
lynx.pardallus

Post by lynx.pardallus »

renandeli wrote:Oh, what a pity.. I am really sorry to hear that.. :unsure: Don't be too sorry, please, lynx.pardallus. Next year will come and then, hopefully they will have nest there again.. :nod:
Yes, I am very sad...:cry: I love vultures... they are spectacular... :!:

What happened to your personal photo???!!! :puzzled:
lynx.pardallus

Post by lynx.pardallus »

lynx.pardallus wrote: Yes, I am very sad...:cry: I love vultures... they are spectacular... :!:

What happened to your personal photo???!!! :puzzled:
renandeli
Sorry, I'm very ashamed... :blush: is not "personal photo" but avatar :slap:
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Thank you all for keeping us informed.

It´s a pity that I can´t watch that BS cam and pig cam at the same time because pig cam will soon crash (I´ve tried it). :faint: But because of your stories and and photos I can follow also that cam quite well. :bounce:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Good evening! Boa tarde! :bounce: The Black stork was out of the nest from 09:02 in the morning to 19:59 in the evening (Poturguese time -2h)! The eight or ninth night on this nest is beginning for the Black Stork, as far as I know. Looks good! You can see it there until the night is black, and only fireflies are flying in the air. One week left to the full moon! :laugh:

It has been a quite windy day.

Just zoom the little video window to full screen.. It seems to be resting or sleeping. :sleeping:
http://static.publico.clix.pt/grifosnaweb/

I took the snapshot for one second too late. I saw when it flew from left side below directly on the nest, not to the same place on the clip of rock where I have seen it lands usually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lynx.pardallus

Post by lynx.pardallus »

renandeli wrote:Good evening! Boa tarde! :bounce: The Black stork was out of the nest from 09:02 in the morning to 19:59 in the evening (Poturguese time -2h)! The eight or ninth night on this nest is beginning for the Black Stork, as far as I know. Looks good! You can see it there until the night is black, and only fireflies are flying in the air. One week left to the full moon! :laugh:

It has been a quite windy day.

Just zoom the little video window to full screen.. It seems to be resting or sleeping. :sleeping:
http://static.publico.clix.pt/grifosnaweb/

I took the snapshot for one second too late. I saw when it flew from left side below directly on the nest, not to the same place on the clip of rock where I have seen it lands usually.
Hello, renandeli :wave:

Yes, the Black stork was out of the nest from 07:02 (UTC) in the morning to 17:59 (UTC) in the evening.
Pictures of the morning:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lynx.pardallus

Post by lynx.pardallus »

This is the return of the stork, this evening:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hi, lynx.pardallus :wave: What fine you got those pictures. The BS may be very tired. Eleven hours out doing who knows what and where..After it landed it did almost nothing. Then it took just the position it had as long as there was some light.. :sleeping: Let's hope it was tired but happy! 8-)
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Ricky wrote:Thank you all for keeping us informed.

It´s a pity that I can´t watch that BS cam and pig cam at the same time because pig cam will soon crash (I´ve tried it). :faint: But because of your stories and and photos I can follow also that cam quite well. :bounce:
:wave: Ricky
I usually have the vulture/BS cam open through their site (on the left top corner of the screen) and pig/bambi cam open through wmp (on the left down corner of the screen) :D
And use the remaining 3/4 of the screen to work :whistling:
Be Natural
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Hello Garina .
What news?
Carmel

edit; Sorry I posted,then saw I'd missed a whole page with latest updates.
Mesculpa..... :slap:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

macdoum wrote:Hello Garina .
What news?
Carmel
Hi Macdoum :wave:
No news :puzzled:
She left very early in the morning, imediatly after waking up and returned to sleep.
One interesting thing is that the nest from today until some days after full moon will be lightened by the moon :shake:
With griffon vulture it was very nice because they stayed awake looking at the moon in the river. But I don't know what BS will do :whistling:
Be Natural
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Goodmorning all :wave:
News from BS:
At 6:25 UTC she was still sleeping :sleeping:
cp 090305 0625 1.jpg
At 6:40 UTC she stretched :shake:
cp 090305 0640 2.jpg
At 6:43 UTC she decided that it was time to get up :whistling:
Be Natural
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

At 6:43 UTC she went to see the view :shake:
cp 090305 0643 4.jpg
And what a lovely view she has :loveshower:
cp 090305 0659 8.jpg
But she decided that it was too early and went back to the nest :rant:
Be Natural
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Finally at 6:56 she decided that it was time to get up to "work" :headroll:
cp 090305 0656 6.jpg
And she left :cry:
cp 090305 0657 7.jpg
And I'm leaving also :banghead:
See you :wave:
Be Natural
Olga

Post by Olga »

Good morning :wave: There was the Black Stork in the morning, arranged the nest. It left at 8:57.
Olga

Post by Olga »

garina do mar wrote:Finally at 6:56 she decided that it was time to get up to "work" :headroll:
cp 090305 0656 6.jpg
And she left :cry:
And I'm leaving also :banghead:
See you :wave:
Hello, I will keep the FRAPS automat on the whole day! :rolleyes:
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

renandeli wrote:Hello, I will keep the FRAPS automat on the whole day! :rolleyes:
Thank you Renandeli :bow:
I count on that :rotf:
:wave:
Be Natural
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

garina do mar wrote: One interesting thing is that the nest from today until some days after full moon will be lightened by the moon :shake:
With griffon vulture it was very nice because they stayed awake looking at the moon in the river. But I don't know what BS will do :whistling:
Last years fullmoon:
The little griffon vulture watching the moonlight (she spent hours there :loveshower: )
grifinha 140608 2250 12.jpg
And the full moon over the river Tagus in front of the nests :shake:
Be Natural
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thank you garina do mar! Great! The vultures are there! :rolleyes: I remember that there are lot of people who miss them, and the cam is zoomed to their nest every now and then. Wonderful pictures!

Return to “Black Storks”