andu

Post by andu »

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Dropped to the right side :shock:

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Fireblade, Thank you so much for getting that video, and for the effort you made to put it on the forum. We are all very grateful to you.

As ame said, we had given up hope of seeing the usual EEnet video - usually there is a video on the LK page soon after a ringing event. I don't know what went wrong this year.
Liis

Post by Liis »

ame wrote:thank you fireblade1 for being in the right place in the right time and thank you for your efforts in editing your video!! :bow: :loveshower:
i already had lost hope for seeing a video of the ringing but you've saved our day!! :2thumbsup: thank you so much!
i was expecting them to weigh the birds and take blood samples, too, though. i've thought that it is a normal procedure... :unsure:
did you Liis, make any sense of what Renno was saying to the chicks just before he was leaving? it looked like he was saying an invocation or incantation or maybe a blessing to the chicks...
Sound goes off about half a minute before the end of the actual video. The last thing Renno said was, "Saage siis suureks!", "Grow up well, guys"
ame

Post by ame »

i recorded a video of the peaceful evening routine of the family, starting at 19.18 -> (7.18 pm ->)

and from 19.28 -> (7.28 pm ->)

some of you have already posted some pictures of the same time period. this was a rather uneventful period of time (but i like those seemingly uneventful periods because then you see how it usually is! usually people tend to record the unusual, exceptional events, leaving the seemingly uneventful 'normal' life unrecorded, just like in a normal family photo album where pictures of the feasts of all kinds and holidays are posted but who takes pictures of the normal life!?).
some peculiarities are that one of the chicks, after relieving itself stayed up for several minutes looking around in the surroundings, looking rather awake. :mrgreen:
then the other one stretches its wing in a way that we are able to see that also the big feathers in the wings are beginning to develop, as well as the tail feathers.
Linda is still sitting in the far rim of the nest at the moment (at 20.04, 8.04 pm; Alice: just subtract 12 of the post-noon times and you'll get 'your' time. it shouldn't be too difficult...)
she and the chicks as well are shaking and rubbing their heads against their shoulders in a way that makes me think that maybe they are bothered with mosquitoes...
ame

Post by ame »

Liis wrote: Sound goes off about half a minute before the end of the actual video. The last thing Renno said was, "Saage siis suureks!", "Grow up well, guys"
so he is giving them instructions for the life! it looked exactly like that. :rolleyes:
it's so cute.... :loveshower:
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Liis wrote: Sound goes off about half a minute before the end of the actual video. The last thing Renno said was, "Saage siis suureks!", "Grow up well, guys"

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX0s-xvBLuk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX0s-xvBLuk&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
ame

Post by ame »

fireblade1 wrote: [youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX0s-xvBLuk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX0s-xvBLuk&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
thank you fireblade1! :bow:
Liis, can you give us a translation of that?
Liis

Post by Liis »

ame wrote: ------------
thank you fireblade1! :bow:
Liis, can you give us a translation of that?
It is the end of Fireblade's video 2, isn't it?
Renno says, roughly: "the bigger one got ring no. 791 on right leg and no. C525 on left. It is almost certainly a female bird. The second smaller guy got rings no. 792 and C526, and it is almost certainly a boy" - "And grow up well now, guys [poisid]"

EDIT: sorry, some inflation in left leg ring numbers - C525 and C526 are the correct numbers! (not 625 & 626 ...)
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Liis wrote: It is the end of Fireblade's video 2, isn't it?
Renno says, roughly: "the bigger one got ring no. 791 on right leg and no. C625 on left. It is almost certainly a female bird. The second smaller guy got rings no. 792 and C626, and it is almost certainly a boy" - "And grow up well now, guys [poisid]"

Thank you again Liis!
Yes no more words after this
ame

Post by ame »

hmmmm... Liis, i meant the last of fireblade's videos, here in this one there's a better sound track than in the previous ones... i don't know what fireblade did do to improve the sound quality but it is way much better...
[youtube]yX0s-xvBLuk&hl[/youtube]
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

ame wrote:hmmmm... Liis, i meant the last of fireblade's videos, here in this one there's a better sound track than in the previous ones... i don't know what fireblade did do to improve the sound quality but it is way much better...
[youtube]yX0s-xvBLuk&hl[/youtube]

Also hmmm Liis
In this situation, I think, he will not tell something about the numbers.
Please have look on this little clip
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Mutikluti wrote:...
Family dispute ? "Ahh c'mon give us a kiss... " :innocent: :rolleyes:

Rule No.1; Never argue in front of the kids.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

:mrgreen: :rotf:
Oh, carmel! You are so funny!! :rotf: :rotf:
b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

What happened today is very much alike the situation I saw with the pair here in DK 3 years ago I descibed some days ago. The male in the DK-pair is also years ago considered as a devoted and very caring father just as Sulev. – I believe I once heard that the WTEs are diffferent from other raptors in that sense that both parent-birds incubate and participate in feeding chicks etc. But this myth of the male bringing food and female just caring for eggs and youngs I met once.
Met a man who believed so because he once read a book by the swede Bengt Berg. A book published in DK in 1927 “The last Eagles” (freely translated from the danish titel). In this book Bengt Berg tells a story about a WTE male. When the chicks were very small the female was shot down by humans. The male did know how to hunt and bring food to the nest but not how to divede food for suchs small chicks – he offered them too big pieces as he used to when the chicks were older. These small chicks starved to death although the nest was filled up with food.
And the man who told me that is a serious birdwatcher during 50 years, and he was very surpriced to see with his own eyes how the DK-male came to the nest with prey, the female took of, and then the male feeded the small chicks and stayed until the female returned hours later - because he had never heard of it too, just had Bengt Bergs describtion in mind.

[Ame wrote]
how certain are you about that this male activity has never published before? if it is then i'm looking for the articles about it in vain... [/quote]
Sorry Ame, I forgot to answer your question the other day about litterature or articles etc. on WTE´s time on nest with eggs and chicks. My answer is that I have not found any litterature about this time in WTE´s life either.
I do not think the nesting-time is very well investigated for the reasons I mentioned then. But hope more eagles and webcams too will change that. Because they do in fact have an interesting way of lifestyle, that we as humans very much can relate too because such an eaglepair very much are like a marraid couple. They are together day out and day in for years, they have each their oddities etc.
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news
Liis

Post by Liis »

fireblade1 wrote:
:puzzled: I did, truly, and he / they still do talk about just that. The ring numbers, who got what, the probable gender of the two eaglets, then very nicely saying goodbye.
Unless I still miss some part at the very end, or misunderstand or mishear something?
Maybe someone can post a transcript of the Estonian conversation?
They talk about rings and ring colours earlier on too, possibly in the first video part.
Bairbre

Post by Bairbre »

Thank you everyone for your wonderful pictures, videos and observations.

So much of this happens during my night.

I especially thank fireglade1 for the video of the ringing of the eaglets, and ame for that wonderful domestic argument between Linda and Sulev!
Proud member of SHoW. (StorkaHolics Of the World)

"There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't met yet"
William Butler Yeats
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Oh, they are huge! Again I missed a good part. Being an 'owl' i find more convenient watching owls at night :unsure:
Thank you for your posts, photos and videos!
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good morning! :wave:

Birds wake up very early...
Feeding...

Proud to be a member of SHoW

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”