Mutikluti

Re: White Tailed Eagles Discussion 2010

Post by Mutikluti »

Proud to be a member of SHoW
beans

Post by beans »

Video: Are You Two Behaving Yourselves?

Magnificent parent flies into the nest!

I found this cam a couple of weeks ago. It is the first time I've seen a White-tailed Eagle.

This is an excellent cam. One can watch via Windows Media Player. Also, the cam streams at 848 x 512. Most of the cams I've seen stream at 320 x 240.
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
ame

Post by ame »

welcome beans and thank you for the video! :wave: :2thumbsup:

that was a strange voice the chick was making... :shock: could it be the same strange voice that some other members have heard every now and then? such a low-pitched voice.. usually these eagles have such high-pitched voices that they seem unnatural. :D
ame

Post by ame »

Mutikluti wrote:14.09
Sulev brought a HUGE fish. Linda was not at home and Sulev feeded eaglets itself. :D
btw: that was a gigantic fish!! :shock: :laugh:
Mew

Post by Mew »

Jo UK wrote: My understanding of the abbreviation OT is that it means "Over the Top", suggesting a state of too much
Often it means too much sentiment or anger or whatever the reaction is.
Thanks, Jo. Either way, excuse me going off-topic OR over the top now - to express my great gratitude that my student daughter is safe today. She had gone for the day to our very beautiful, very peaceful Lake District, where today a taxi-driver (called Bird!) has gone berserk with a gun in various locations, killing at least 12 people and injuring many more. Forgive this OT posting. I have just heard, after a long silence in the mountains, that she is fine. I am so relieved, but also very sad. Thanks, Jo and all, for your patience with me here.
beans

Post by beans »

I was surprised when I heard those sounds! I'm used to Bald Eagles, which seem to have different calls. In the other video I made, a few days earlier, the youngsters have a low pitched voice, too.

Video: White-tailed Eaglets Tussle and Doze

(looks like we can post large pictures in this forum) :D
ame

Post by ame »

i don't know about the size of the pictures (i'm so ignorant in these things... :blush: ) but preferably there shouldn't be more than three pictures per post.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Mew, I am pleased that your daughter is safe. Yes, it is shocking news. Who knows why it happens?

Beans, good to see you here. I know of you from another forum. I hope you enjoy this one!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Ame, about Pontu - check your e-mail. Good news, for which many thanks to Urmas and "other" Urmas.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

beans wrote:I was surprised when I heard those sounds! I'm used to Bald Eagles, which seem to have different calls. In the other video I made, a few days earlier, the youngsters have a low pitched voice, too.
:wave: beans. Thanks for posting your videos here. I often mentally compare the WTE with the BE, too :mrgreen:
beans

Post by beans »

this video was recorded about 12 hours ago. I'm trying the YT button here. I noticed the video hasn't finished "processing," so it will look better in about 5 - 10 minutes.

The eaglets in this video sound just like Bald Eagle youngsters sound when they are begging for food.
beans

Post by beans »

From the video in the post above this one -- This is a big :shock: picture!
ame

Post by ame »

Jo UK wrote:Ame, about Pontu - check your e-mail. Good news, for which many thanks to Urmas and "other" Urmas.
thank you ever so much! :loveshower:
Jürka: pm! :wave:
Kristi

Post by Kristi »

Kvahtra, I am not sure what 'OT' is, but I suspect that I agree with you. I find it off-putting when long tracts appear, with arguments backed up by Wikipedia. Details recorded on the WTE are excellent and the data could provide the foundation for further, serious research. Please keep it up, Ame![/quote]

My understanding of the abbreviation OT is that it means "Over the Top", suggesting a state of too much
Often it means too much sentiment or anger or whatever the reaction is.[/quote]

Thanks, Jo. Either way, excuse me going off-topic OR over the top now - to express my great gratitude that my student daughter is safe today. She had gone for the day to our very beautiful, very peaceful Lake District, where today a taxi-driver (called Bird!) has gone berserk with a gun in various locations, killing at least 12 people and injuring many more. Forgive this OT posting. I have just heard, after a long silence in the mountains, that she is fine. I am so relieved, but also very sad. Thanks, Jo and all, for your patience with me here.[/quote]

Hello, everyone

Yes, I mean that OT is off-topic :wave: My english is very poor, but I just tought everybody understood, what I ment.
WTE discussions are always so informative and useful. Thanks for all :bow:
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

ame wrote: btw: that was a gigantic fish!! :shock: :laugh:
OMG- this is probably the biggest fish i have seen in this nest! Sulev is just awesome fisherman :slap:
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Mew

Post by Mew »

kvahtra wrote:Kvahtra, I am not sure what 'OT' is, but I suspect that I agree with you. I find it off-putting when long tracts appear, with arguments backed up by Wikipedia. Details recorded on the WTE are excellent and the data could provide the foundation for further, serious research. Please keep it up, Ame!
My understanding of the abbreviation OT is that it means "Over the Top", suggesting a state of too much
Often it means too much sentiment or anger or whatever the reaction is.[/quote]

Hello, everyone

Yes, I mean that OT is off-topic :wave: My english is very poor, but I just tought everybody understood, what I ment.
WTE discussions are always so informative and useful. Thanks for all :bow:[/quote]

Oh Kvahtra and all you others on this brilliant website - please stop apologizing for your English. It is so GOOD! If we all understand it, it is good! I make as many typing errors in the English that is my own language!! In this case it was simply that OT is an abbreviation (probably 'text-speak'). I think you are probably right, as OTT would mean 'over the top.'
beans

Post by beans »

I can't tell whether it's Sulev or Linda at the nest... :puzzled:
Mew

Post by Mew »

beans wrote:I can't tell whether it's Sulev or Linda at the nest... :puzzled:
Neither can I. It's not quite The Land of the Midnight Sun, and I can't see if ringed, therefore..
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I have to admit that fish was sooo big I did not see it at first. Did anyone see Sulev flying with it?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I think that is Linda. That is a guesstimate from head shape and maybe the tail markings, in this poor light. Mostly I think I am going by the big hair do and the head shape.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”