White-tailed Eagles Discussion ~ 2010 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Jozzik

Re: White Tailed Eagles Discussion 2010

Post by Jozzik »

Welcome beans :wave: hope you like here but must warn you it's kind of addictive thing :D . For me at least. Anyway hope you will stay with us.
beans

Post by beans »

Too late! Too late! The warning is too late! I'm already addicted! :headroll:

Here's the nest at 1:48 in the morning. There's light in the sky. Long days, just like Alaska?
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Very beautiful shot! :thumbs:
And welcome:)
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good morning! :wave:

Sulev arrived with a fish and feeded eaglets...

Proud to be a member of SHoW
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Feeding was finished but Sulev stay near eaglets, he sat on the branch and later jumped back in the nest.
Proud to be a member of SHoW
beans

Post by beans »

These are beautiful pictures!
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
Millan

Post by Millan »

Good Morning here!
Linda and Sulev are great eagles-parents, again!

We in Osprey`s Nest Forum think :gathering: as you can hear :loveshower: that this two chicks are by names Tuul and Taevas. This names are pure music!

And thanks for all pics and writings :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

Millan :hi: , you have missed some of our posts! look here: viewtopic.php?p=71849#p71849
Mutikluti has named the chicks: the bigger, the girl is named Teele and her smaller brother is Timmu.
so far it has been difficult to separate them as they both have lain down in the bottom of the nest, almost unconscious after eating their crops full up to their beaks! :laugh:
i noticed that starting from the day before yesterday there has been a change in the behaviour of the other chick. on that evening the other chick (supposedly the bigger chick, Teele) sat on the rim of the nest for quite a long time looking around in the forest. it did it yesterday, too, and today it has been sitting there awake looking around, standing up and it has also done some wingcercises, too. besides it looks darker than the other chick (Timmu) who is still lying in the back and who has a lot of grey fluffy feathers in his back. it may well be that Teele, the sister is both a couple of days older than the brother, and it certainly is bigger than the brother.
i have tried to make a video of them but the picture is cutting and freezing so often that it's impossible.... :faint: :bash:
edit: i managed to get a clip of decent quality after all! i'll post it here as soon as it's uploaded. :D
here we are:
Millan

Post by Millan »

Ou, so any of us have seen that :blush: Thank you ame!

We have new "christening" with Teele and Timmu! This names sounds good too!
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Congratulations to this nice names. So let us celebrate a bit and wish this family all the best and always enough wind under (below?) its wings! :loveshower:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Bleggi wrote:Congratulations to this nice names. So let us celebrate a bit and wish this family all the best and always enough wind under (below?) its wings! :loveshower:
the convention is -- in
(I think)
but under works well
:blush:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Thank you, alice. I was thinking how I could write what I mean. No your answer is better and I will wish this lovely eagles wind in their wings. It will be a better kind of flight - :loveshower:
Kindest regards
Bleggi
ame

Post by ame »

here are some pictures i took earlier at about 9.37. here Teele is sitting almost frightfully close to the rim of the nest and waving her feet overboard! it seems to be hot as she is keeping her beak open and tongeu extended! :rotf:
look at that crop! it's so full... :rotf: she's looking around in every direction....
... while her brother is sleeping in the background. :D
ame

Post by ame »

now there seems to be a parent sitting in the nest, and there were feeding sounds a while ago...
but most of the time i receiving only the bright colours in stripes and squares..... what's the matter with the connection again? is it just my problem or are you others receiving as poorly as i am... :bash:
Jürgen

Post by Jürgen »

Maybe the sister(was it sister who was sitting by the rim? :puzzled: ) was holding beak open like Sulev always was?
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

It´s not only your problem. I have it too. The picture isn´t sharp, but some pictures, which has postet here, are very sharp. Does anybody know my problem, and have anybody some solution ??
ame

Post by ame »

maybe, who knows... but i think now it is warm there.

Sulev just arrived with some prey and now he is feeding the chicks even though Linda was at home when he arrived. Linda seems to have left altogether. (i restarted the VLC and now it works better... but i missed Linda leaving. :slap: )
ame

Post by ame »

Dingo wrote:It´s not only your problem. I have it too. The picture isn´t sharp, but some pictures, which has postet here, are very sharp. Does anybody know my problem, and have anybody some solution ??
i guess the quality depends both on the quality of the transmitted picture and the resolution that your receiving program uses. (the stress in the previous is o nthe word 'guess'! :mrgreen: )
if there are no brakes in the transmission all the data gets through and you'll get sharp pictures with a receiving program which uses a modest resolution. if there is data missing from the stream, then the pictures are bound to be blurred... i have had that situation today: there have been big grey squares in the pictures, eagles with two heads, and lots of pictures with flaming colours....
i guess, again, that the resolution is shown in the size of the picture file. GOM player takes gorgeous pictures of good quality stream but they are about 300 kB or more each, while the VLC takes reasonable quality pictures of a stream which is of average quality and the sizes of the picture files are 50 kB or little more. that makes a big difference if you take a lot of pictures... :nod:

the bigger picture file size also 'costs' a lot in the Photobucket data stream on your account there, too. i had problems last winter, exceeding my limits when i posted a lot of big pictures there.... :faint:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Teele and Timmu -

I should have posted something about that yesterday, but the day ran away with me!

Giving names to these birds is not something that is a priority for the scientific types such as Urmas and Renno, but it is important for us! We have a closer, more personal connection with these chicks so we want to name them.

Picture quality - maybe each country has different internet standards and, of course, if there are many viewers that may slow the stream somewhat. If quality is poor it may not be our personal connection that is at fault.
b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

Here my notes 11.51 until now 13.41 cam. time. I am not able just to watch camera, but am going from and to (have other works to do :cry: ) and ...................... indicate pauses in my watching.
And I cannot find out to make screenphotos or video either, sorry :cry:

11.51 Linda arrives with a fish – and wide open beak. Although the begging eaglets she do not begin to feed.......
12.01 Linda do not feed still.............
12.05 one of the eaglets took the fish, tried to do something on its own, but in vain, aksked mum for help, but Linda just watched very insterested....................
12.17 an eaglets attempt with getting something to eat on its own resulted in small bites of fish – once again asking for help by mum, that took the fish, but the eaglet was standing on it. But then it stepped aaway and Linda moved it to another place a little later but did still not begin to feed although the eaglets were begging................................
12.18 finally Linda took the fish started feeding................................
12.33 Linda had ended her feeding, eaglets laying in front of her begging for more.....................
13.11 Sulev arrived – didnot see if he brought food – he started immeadetely feeding............
13.15 Sulev still feeding, Linda jump to the branch..................
12.24 Sulev still feeding – Linda seems to be away
13.37 Sulev have finished feeding, is digging in the nestbuttom, jumps afterwards to a branch out of sight...............................
13.41 An adult in nest again, looks very much like Linda, but because of light difficult to see her rings, maybe I am wrong?......................

and now I have to leave the PC for duties out of house

thanks to all for reports and photos too
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”