White-tailed Eagles ~ 2011-2012 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

alice44

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by alice44 »

It took me a while to figure out which cam, and then the cam dropped off on me, but it opened again.

I hear wind and maybe something far away. I remember seeing boars and maybe moose walk along beneath the cam.
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
i've been listening to eagle voices , too. i think there were two of them singing a duet.
and i saw the black woodpecker flying away.

now it has been quiet (except the dog) for some time (about half an hour) i suppose the eagles went to have some breakfast. :rolleyes:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I hope it was Linda & Sulev, & I hope they come to the nest soon & remember it is a good home.
Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: 09:37h Eagle calls again
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: I heard it! Perhaps they are moving back toward the nest. :shake:

Edit: More calling a few minutes later (I forgot to look at the clock :blush:).
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Well, I must give up my hope to see eagles at the nest for now. My eyes are sliding shut, so I am :offtobed: now. Keep watch today; Linda & Sulev may come home. We have heard eagles calling several times this morning, so there is hope. Perhaps when I return there will be wonderful photos & videos! Goodnight / Good day, everyone. :wave:
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

i think i heard some very distant seagull voices. could that be possible? :puzzled: is the sea open yet?

the nest looks untouched.
ame

Post by ame »

here's my video of the black woodpecker. i think it might have been working in the nest tree itself as the tapping and knocking was so loud. it leaves from the low-left corner and flies to the low right behind the tree.

at 9.04 a great tit (female i think) visited the nest again but only very briefly.

ame

Post by ame »

later at 9.07 there were some unknown voices besides the hooded crow voices. they sounded like a jackdaw but could they be? last spring i realized that buzzards make some jackdaw-kind voices but were these by buzzards? :puzzled:
:help:
ame

Post by ame »

there's a group of roe deer walking under the nest. :headroll:

blasted and then the VLC began to play tricks. :faint:
i think there were at least three of them.

there are three in this clip (in the low-left corner) but i think the first of the group had already vanished under/behind the tree before i had started. then in the end i think the leading deer (=fourth of the group) comes into sight on the low-right side of the nest.

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

:hi: At first I didn't understand what it was, and when I did they moved so qiuck. I just got the last one before it disappeared out of the picture.
- not very visible though..
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Great catch, Ame and Lussi! :thumbs:
But we are still waiting for Linda and Sulev :cry:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

catching the deer was sheer luck. i had just returned from the eagles' feeding ground. :D
but no L or S. :faint:

i have had the cam open till about 20.30 and i heard nothing but the normal sounds (=wind) of the forest.

otherwise i think that Urmas or Renno have paid a service visit to the cam: wiped away the dirt and dust from the lens, and probably changed the battery to a fresh one. i don't think that a battery which had been in the forest over winter could work this well... but they haven't touched the camera otherwise.

maybe or rather probably they have adjusted the light switch as well as now the camera keeps on going even in hte dark.... i worder: does it go on all night long? :puzzled: (maybe i should keep it on just to see whether it stops at all...)
Pitti

Post by Pitti »

:wave:

Please, is this link mms://tv.eenet.ee/kotkas the right one ?
I cannot connect :help:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Yes, Pitti, the address is correct. Only right now it's dark and nothing to see. But Ame is right, the cam is not off, only showing some black and white pattern.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Pitti

Post by Pitti »

Thank you, Felis.
I was wondering and I don´t understand it, last season I could open with this link and now :bash: I have to search the problem :faint:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: Great luck, Ame & Lussi, seeing & recording the roe deer. You can see the antlers on the buck as it walks off cam to the right.
Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: 06:48h Eagle calls (how far away??) and black woodpecker
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
is the camera on 24 hours a day?? :puzzled:
i opened it at 1 or 2 am when the cat wanted to go out for a wee while, and then i left it on... it was still on in the morning.
the guys must have drawn a power line through the forest. no battery and solar panel could sustain power all night long, could it?

it sounds like dripping water....
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

The cam is usually on when I check in the middle of the night (my late afternoon/evening). It has a stripey black & white pattern rather than a clear picture, but sometimes I can make out the shape of the snow pile in the nest. It has been veery sunny the past 2-3 days, so perhaps the solar batteries have charged up.

@Fireblade-- Good that you got the eagles calling this morning. I wonder if they are at another nearby nest site? I think I remember Urmas saying last summer that he thought they had another nest place a few hundred meters away.
Kitty KCMO

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”