Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Fleur

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by Fleur »

Bea

Post by Bea »

:hi: Fleur

You got it, too ... the Great Tit was so busy cleaning up the nest ... but perhaps finally he recongnized that this nest would be a bit oversized for his family :mrgreen:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
ame

Post by ame »

good morning Fleur and Bea and Fireblade! :wave:
so you saw the great tits, too. :laugh:
i think they both were there earlier, too. then they did not come in sight. thenthey (or she) worked mainly on the low left side of the nest. at least i saw a glimpse of some bird there. then they mostly warned and i think i once heard two separate voices at the same time.

later they tit came inside the nest and dug dead dry leaves from between twigs in the nest bottom. this time she (it was a female here on the right side of the nest: a narrow black stripe in the chest.) twitted happily while she worked. :rolleyes:

she went away or actually out of sight for a while but returned to continue her work. then finally the male tried to get inside the camera! they are looking for a place for their nest. :loveshower:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Unfortunately no, it was not WTE fireblade. :blush:
ame

Post by ame »

have any of you ever heard about tits nesting in a pile of tits? :puzzled:
i know that for example wagtails and robins do it frequently but i think tits need a more closed nest hollow in a trunk of a tree. the camera of course looks like a nest box! :D

another thought that came into my mind was that maybe the tit was digging the leaves for nest material. leaves in nest here are available and dry, but leaves on the ground are covered with snow... but i didn't see that she took any leaves with her so down the drain goes that idea, too. :D she was only throwing them around.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Maybe looking for insects, which can of course also :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

now there was a willow tit singing somewhere close to the nest. i'm not sure well it can be heard here though. it was maybe not close enough... it's the sad-sounding tee tee teee...

i can hear it with a headset.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I missed that.
When I'm with the Eagles recording, I must sound off here
I have the sound up and down. :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

:laugh: i know: too many cameras on at the same time is confusing.
i don't like the JWPlayer because i have to keep other sounds of if i want to record it. the Debut records all sounds that there are.
VLC is selective: it records only what is playing in that player and i can record with several VLCs at the same time, each their own channel.
i so wish that they'd give up using the JWPlayer. :faint:
Fleur wrote:Maybe looking for insects, which can of course also :puzzled:
that's a good guess for digging there. :nod:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I agree with you Ame.
I do not know what the difference might be between the JW player and VLC to use between the two.
I know quite a lot of computers and some programs, but this goes over my head :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

i know only little of these programs! :laugh: but i think i've learned that JWPlayer is the one that shows us the eagle feeding place, plays it in real time in the web. then we need some other program to record what JWPlayer is showing us.
i don't know in what way JWP is different (and more favourable) than the way they are broadcasting the siga- and kotkas-cameras. to me the most important thing is that i can record them with VLC which is much easier and less "computer-consuming". when i have JWP and Debut on my computer is working steaming-hot, with ventilation at maximum all the time. after i close the Eagle-camer (=JWP) it takes about 5 seconds and the ventilation slows down and almost stops.

i'm so clumsy and lazy that i need a program that can both record video and take snapshots at the same time, so i bought the Debut capture software which can record JWP. (but i'm not completely happy with it... :unsure: )
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I bought the program replay video capture.
first I was not happy, but now I know that you can absorb everything there, even webcams that broadcast the images via Ustream :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

i had a look at the weather data. it's still very much winter even though the sun shines so beautifully: still -4 degrees.

and the weather forecast doesn't promise much more either. when the freezing cold gets milder then snowing begins. :slap:
ame

Post by ame »

i maximized the kotkas-window for a while and noticed that something was moving on top of the camera here where i've marked a red circle. :shock:

i think it must be a piece of loose tape waving in the wind or something like that because it flaps so irregularly in one place and makes no sound.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:hi: What an interesting day at the eagle nest. Watching the tits explore the place, I could not help but think of poor Miss Maisy Daisy, that mallard duck last year, who nested here with such high hopes. I think the tits were seeking insects/larva, but they may also have been inspecting the place to see if there is a flat available in the side of the nest. After all, we have seen several mice who are nesting in the sides of the American bald eagle nest, so it could be possible. :rolleyes:

The nest in afternoon light.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

eagle forest in full moon at 20.48. :innocent:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Not much change.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

a blue tit visited the nest briefly. -it's a lovely morning. :rolleyes:

ame

Post by ame »

it's cold there! :slap: this is weather at 8.35.
ame

Post by ame »

it's quiet today, only a dog is barking somewhere far every now and then. besides that there is some traffic on the road in the distance. earlier before noon i heard a chainsaw and sometimes a raven's voice. no wind. and no birds...

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”