Moderator: ame

maertha

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by maertha »

So nice to see the nest again! :D
ame

Post by ame »

18.18 the camera turned off. :sleep: good night! :wave:
i'm desperate if i'm not going to get better picture... it was cutting and hissing all the time. half of the time the sound was off and the image gone... maybe it's the VLC? the player on the front page showed a perfectly good picture and sound. :cry:
ame

Post by ame »

macdoum wrote::loveshower: What wonderful news. Thank you Jo and Looduskalander :bow:

The nest bowl is all prepared and ready for the egg.

I see what ame means,the cam seems like a mirage,sort of fading and moving in milliseconds. :rolleyes:
Were back in a boat again.. :mrgreen:
i wish it were only that... i'm getting all the psychedelic colours and stopping sound again.... :cry:
Rionn

Post by Rionn »

Yes :loveshower: that's good news. Unfortunateley I was too late to look at the cam but tomorrow it will be the first thing I do. Thanks for those who made the cam working. Let's hope we will see a glimps of Linda and Sulev tomorrow. I can't wait. :headroll:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

ame wrote: i wish it were only that... i'm getting all the psychedelic colours and stopping sound again.... :cry:
ame I think those colours are reserved exclusively for you. :mrgreen: ..!!
My cam is Realtek RealPlayer.nova :puzzled: ..
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Patsycat wrote:That's brilliant news - and such a relief to see the nest snow free!!
So now - the stage is set -where are the main players? :D
They have been seen at the Winter Feeding Ground, Patsycat.
I hope this is not going to be an egg-free year!
Olga

Post by Olga »

Great! :loveshower: I can't wait till the morning. To see Linda and Sulev again would be like seeing old friends. I wish everything goes well, that there will be two eggs at least. Let's wish a good summer, lots of food, no too bad storms, no strangers, no human passer by..
Linda and Sulev are wise and they have good experience, anyway, what ever will happen.

Good luck also for the Eagle people, for the Team :wave:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Jürgen

Post by Jürgen »

WOOT! i have been waiting for this cam for sooooo long ^_^ and at last it is here!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

As we now have a 2011 discussion, I locked the 2010 topic, so we need not keep switching between two years!
ame

Post by ame »

macdoum wrote: ame I think those colours are reserved exclusively for you. :mrgreen: ..!!
My cam is Realtek RealPlayer.nova :puzzled: ..
i suppose that i'll get advice from you about how to install RealPlayer if my VLC refuses to co-operate... :mrgreen:
seriously my transmission in fact it was sooooo bad today that i don't think i can take it at all...
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

ame,I sent a p.m. but got 'no recipient' ? Received,or not ?
re: realplayer.
Ask Google,they know it all.. :mrgreen:
http://france.real.com/realplayer/
Choose your language etc;
:wave:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

:loveshower: Wonderful, thanks to all who managed it. So let us wait for Linda and Sulev.
Kindest regards from Bleggi :hi:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: I can't wait! Hooray! The nest looks in good shape & well-tended. I hope for eaglets with as much personality as Teele & Timmu.
Kitty KCMO
kenny

Post by kenny »

YEHAA!!!! finally the nest camera. Thanks everyone who made it work and Thanks Jo for that great table of events and facts of the nest over the past years. Great for comparison, this year, winter has been quite snowwy and cold, so probably eggs will be laid later than usual. or maybe not..

:loveshower: :headroll: :whistling: :2thumbsup:
So good to see this cam again.
----- White-tailed Eagles Cam2010 playlist --
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ield=added

----- White-tailed Eagles Cam2009 playlist --
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ield=added
ame

Post by ame »

March 11th: good morning! :hi:
the camera turned on at 7.05. it has just begun snowing or it is snowing only lightly. no-one is at home.
macdoum: i've just downloaded the realplayer, thanks. :wave: now i'll have to start learning how it works. - today my picture is ok, and there is only little electronic noise (like hizzing due to bad wire connection). most it is the wind woooshing in the forest which is natural... it is fairly windy out there! :shock:
here's a short video. here you can hear what kind of sound i get.

edit: there some crow calls at 7.29. and i saw the first rainbow colours. :faint:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

OOOOHH! I forgot how much the nest sways in the wind. But it is good to see this cam again. With the new angle, we won't be able to see the woods around it so much anymore, but we will see the eggs & chicks better when they arrive.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

exactly! Linda and Sulev can't hide their eggs so easily anymore. then we don't have to guess when htey come and when there's the second egg and when there's a hatchling etc. :laugh:
i was missing the scenery though for some time...
VeeraF

Post by VeeraF »

Good morning! :hi: The weather is not very nice but it´s not cold, that´s good. Linda and Sulev are somewhere else but the nest looks like somebody has been working there. It looks quite ready!!??? Has Linda and Sulev already been there, hope to see them asap.
ame

Post by ame »

there's dog barking in the distance, like last year. the voice must come from the farm which is somewhere there. it has stopped snowing.

VeeraF, i agree: the nest looks pretty ready for an egg. :innocent:

i managed to make RealPlayer show kotkas but it refuses to record stream..? it just says 'cannot record'. - besides the same hizzing noise can be heard there with the RealPlayer, too. i think i had the volume too loud with the VLC, and i can't make the RealPlayer nearly as loud. and besides another time: i read in the Technical questions how Fleur told that RealPlayer can't take screenshots. i think i'll stay with the VLC and keep the volume down. i need a tool which can both take screenshots and record video. the colours are 'normal' for me when the internet is under hard load here. fortunately that happens in the 'prime time' when there are other people who can take pictures and video.
jopie

Post by jopie »

This is a very good morning :loveshower: to you all, camera at WTE is on. Beautiful nest and good weather.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”