White-tailed Eagles ~ 2011-2012 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by ame »

drat, now i realized that all the old Pontu-addresses don't work anymore! :slap: :faint:
Techno-Urmas must have made some re-arrangements yesterday when he installed the Pontu-system for this year. please tell us where you have put the Pontu-pictures from 2009 and 2010! :help: this time i'm afraid i can't guess the new address.... :unsure:

fortunately i managed to download year 2009 for myself and now i'm uploading these pictures in Mejuba, where Ohansen uploaded the pictures from 2010. so we can find them somewhere....
ame

Post by ame »

now i checked the front page in English: there's the translation of yesterday's camera opening news. it says that the camera is now installed half a meter higher than last year. (it looks like it) this is certainly a wise decision. :nod: this way we may avoid accidents that might blur the view... :whistling: :mrgreen:

besides that they have re-newed the system so that a light-fibre cable is used to transmit the signal from the nest first. it means that Renno and Urmas have done a huge job! maybe they had helpers, too. thank you for your efforts! :bow: :bow:
ame

Post by ame »

at about 10.30 it began to snow big flakes. the dog barks somewhere out there every now and then. the voice 'seems' to come from the same place all the time so i guess it's on a leash at the farm. no-one has come to the nest...

edit: the snowing didn't last long....
ame

Post by ame »

every now and then it's snowing big flakes but it all melts away so soon that no snow gets piled up in the nest.
Jürgen

Post by Jürgen »

yes it snowed hard today. i wonder when does spring come to Estonia. I certanly hope in the next 2 weeks or else migrating birds will have some difficulties as there are already some birds coming. also i have too much work to do today to really check the camera :slap:

also ame i'll ask right now this. shall we go on with the egg incubating timetable?

last years the eggs were layed about this very time. so i guess we will have our eggs in the next week :rolleyes:
Rionn

Post by Rionn »

It is so great to see the nest again! At the moment it is snowing and there is a strong wind. I hope Linda and Sulev will soon visit the nest. The view is very good now, and the picture is so clear! Thanks Urmas and Renno for this good work. :thumbs:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hmmm - empty nest, still? Has anyone seen Linda or Sulev at the nest, yet?
VeeraF

Post by VeeraF »

I forget to thank Urmas and Renno :slap: . Thank you very very much :loveshower: Does anybody know when the guys were at the nest? If Linda and Sulev noticed them and are away those couple of days as before (when the eaglets were taged).
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

The LK article says it was done in February, so there has been plenty of time for the adults to return, if they intend to.
VeeraF

Post by VeeraF »

Thanks Jo, I didn`t read enough literallly :blush: Have been mad keen nowadays. And today very sad too about what´s happening in Asia.
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

An eagle flew by!!!! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
I didn't get it on the picture, it happens so quick! From the left side of cam...
Proud to be a member of SHoW
ame

Post by ame »

the eagle visited the nest tree. i saw it coming from the right but missed that (of course!) but i started recording. then after maybe half a minute it took off and flew to the right again. you can hear that it takes off from the tree, there's a sound. it moved so quietly that i didn't hear it then.

hahaaa... i posted first on siga-forum. :rotf: i was so excited. :laugh:
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

ame wrote:an eagle visited the nest tree. i saw it coming from the right but missed that (of course!) but i started recording. then after maybe half a minute it took off and flew to the right again.

hahaaa... i got some video! but i posted on siga-forum. :rotf:
It's not "siga" case! :D :D It's very important case! Estonians use word "siga" (pig) sometimes as curse :D
ame

Post by ame »

Mutikluti wrote: It's not "siga" case! :D :D It's very important case! Estonians use word "siga" (pig) sometimes as curse :D
:rotf:
it's a relief to see an eagle here. i've already been a bit worried as no-one was here all day...
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

An eagle did a voice!!! :loveshower:
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

I am worried too. 2009 was at this time an egg in this nest.... And if Urmas and Renno were here in February, they saw one eagle... So many thoughts are in my little head.... Maybe one eagle did this nest...as Padis.
I hope the best!!!
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

An eagle again...from the right side to the left side....
ame

Post by ame »

at 16. 28 it did it again: took off the tree and flew away. this time i didn't get anything. :slap: (i thought i saw it went from left to right?)

Mutikluti: last year was late compared to 2009: Linda laid the first egg on 21st. but i have been worried too....
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:loveshower:
Not ringed
ame

Post by ame »

fireblade1 wrote::loveshower:
no rings: it's not Linda!
congratulations, fireblade! :thumbs: so it went from right to left! :mrgreen:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”