White-tailed Eagles ~ 2011-2012 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

alice44

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by alice44 »

Mrs Maisy Daisy is again almost invisible. (I was sure she was not there until she moved.)

ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
Maisy left after making the bed at 9.08. she is so punctual. :rolleyes:

this time she was a bit careless in covering the nest: i think i see something white there. :peek:
ame

Post by ame »

i was wrong in the morning: the shadows played a trick and there seemed to be something in the nest. now the sun is shining directly inside the nestbowl showing nothing there. Maisy was careful covering whatever there is. :nod:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

This cam is back too. :loveshower:
Cannot make out if Maisy is there or not. :puzzled:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
oliv

Post by oliv »

I think Maisy made a mistake and not complete...or I hope so :unsure:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Thank you, everyone, for your messages of support for me over the past few days. I peeked in every once in a while & the kind words cheered me. My family has drawn closer in this sad time & we are doing well. Peeking at the cams once in a while helped me remember that the cycle of life continues in abundance as new replaces old.
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Monday 2 May

At first I did not see her

but I think she is there

Lots of Cranes
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
she is there alright, i can see her back going up and down when she breaths slowly. the tail is pointing to right and it seems that she has tucked her bill under the wing. she seems rather peaceful and calm. :rolleyes:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

:hi:

Maisy raises her head.

ame

Post by ame »

this is almost as exciting as watching the grass grow... :mrgreen:

i think there was a little bird of some sort behind the treetrunk. i think i saw its shadow moving on the left back rim of the nest. it was nothing dangerous though. Maisy turned her head a little but she sisn'tseem to be alarmed. she seemed much more alert the day before yesterday.
ame

Post by ame »

at about 8.26 there were some mallard calls from the forest but Maisy wasn't much alarmed.
at 8.30 Maisy began to work in the nest.

about 20 minutes ago, at 8.44 Maisy began to dig something white in front of her. i first thought that maybe it was an egg, but no: she was plucking down from her chest. this is almost as much as actually seeing an egg. :D

then she continued working there. she pulled some greeneries from the rims of the nest bowl and put them on her back. it looked as if she were preparing for leaving... but instead she settled down again. it seems that she was even falling asleep: her eye kept closing. :sleeping:

now a flock of geese flew over calling loudly.
ame

Post by ame »

is she really planning to stay?? she's breathing slowly and calmly there under the pile of twigs which she pulled over her like a blanket. her eye is closed at least half of the time and i can almost see a wisp of z z z z z z's coming up from the bottom of the nest.... :sleeping: :sleeping:
ame

Post by ame »

Maisy is still in the nest. now she woke up to listen to the sounds and voices in the forest, but she hid her bill under her wing again...

it seems that she is staying today. she has stayed for half an hour later than two days ago when she was a bit late from her schedule altogether...
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

9:59 she is to see better now
Image :hi:
b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

:wave:

have watched the last 15 minuts from 10.25 and maisy is still in nest.
the first minuts she was really hard to see so well she did fit into the colours of nest, then she raised her head and it was clear she is there

what a change from WTEs via Buzzards to Maisy - nature is full of surprices.
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news
ame

Post by ame »

at 10.35 a crow croawed in the forest not very far from the nest and Maisy was alarmed. she raised her head up to listen... then there were some more croaw- croaw-croaw's a few minutes apart from each other, until finally at 10.44 the crow flew away cawing... and Maisy could relax again.

yes b.h-p: this was a real surprise! :laugh: and a fun one! this did not come to my mind at all. i was thinking that maybe a robin or a wagtail might dig it's nest inside the pile of twigs which the eagles' nest is. - they wouldn't have been as much fun though, because they would have been hiding inside there and we woundn't have been able to see them. Maisy will be visible... well... if we look carefully enough. :laugh:

it seems that Maisy is a modern mallard mom: she is not going to have a big family, not more than six ducklings. :whistling: she is staying there in the nest and it almost two hours past her 'normal' departure time.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

With all the unusual happenings on our webcam nests, this year will not be boring!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

11.11 - Maisy flew away.

How many hours has she been on the nest?
ame

Post by ame »

you're right Jo!

at 11.12 Maisy suddenly left. i heard a crack from the other room and she was gone when i got back. she was sitting with her head high for some time already, listening and looking a bit worried, but i didn't hear or see anything special. :unsure:
in this Pontu-picture she is climbing out of the nest:
http://pontu.eenet.ee/kotkas/2011-05-02 ... -11-11.jpg

i wonder will she stay away for the rest of the day...? :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I accidentally got to it and had the presence to click on the film button!

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”