White-tailed Eagles ~ 2011-2012 ~ Linda & Sulev

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Kitty KCMO

Re: White-tailed Eagles Nest Cam Discussion 2011

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A better view as the sun comes through the cloud. Does it look like something has made a track in the snow? :puzzled:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

i don't think there are any tracks made by any animal... :puzzled: but the stick is melting its way through the snow..
now in the afternoon it's very misty and dark in the forest. there's still some snow there.

ame

Post by ame »

at 15.27 the camera clicked on. it has tried today each hour at 27 minutes past i think. i guess that it's been sunny long enough today so that the solar panels have managed to recharge the battery. there may be something wrong with the light swich because it doesn't seem to turn off the camera in the evening when it gets too dark.

it's a beautiful day here at the nest forest, too. :rolleyes:

the snow looks untouched and unchanged since the last time. - absolutely nothing happens in this clip. :D
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Late afternoon light on the nest. Beautiful, but where are the residents?

Kitty KCMO
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Yes it`s a beautiful day, but no sign of the owners..I really hope they show up, but must admit that I`m a little pessimistic. Previous years they have come to check the nest for the first time a little earlier than this, have they not? :unsure: (I know every year can be different, and my middle name is Pessimistic :help: , so this is probably just nonsens from me :laugh: )
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Yes, I think they are usually here before now, but I also think I recall someone saying Sulev got here as late as March 5 or so at least once. So there may still be some hope. But as they did not nest here last year, I have wondered if they have abandoned this nest for some reason.
Kitty KCMO
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

One of my bird guide says that the WTE couple meet every year at the same nesting site, but another guide says that it is possible that they switch between two ,to three, nesting sites. I believe/hope it`s true and that nothing has happened to Linda or Sulev..( if they don`t show up this year either)
ame

Post by ame »

the camera is still on even though it's quite dark. there was a dog barking in the background.

WTEs are known to often have several nests on their territory and to change nests from one year ot another. i have a suspision that last year Linda and Sulev had put up a second nest somewhere in their territory and visited this nest, too. then in the end they decided (i suppose Linda decided :rolleyes: ) to go to the new nest even though this nest was decorated ready for eggs.

of course i don't know (nor nobody knows) what really happened last year. Urmas believes that they had a holiday year. i find it difficult to think that it's likely that healthy mature pair of animals skip a period of reproduction just for holiday's sake. so i prefer to think they had the nest somewhere else instead of something bad happening to either of them... i just so much hope that nothing serious happened to L & S. --but it didn't feel like that last year. maybe Linda did not feel right about the new position of the camera. she climbed on the left front branch to take a good look at it once and after that she stayed away...
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Two Great tits

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Fleur wrote:Two Great tits
Good morning. But there is nothing to find, I think. All dead
I have to go now
ame

Post by ame »

the weather's beautiful and there have been birds! :headroll:
thank you Fleur for being up so early today! :thumbs:
maertha

Post by maertha »

The camerasound reminds me very much of the film “Contact”, when Jodie Foster listens to radio transmissions in hope of finding signals by extraterrestrial life :geek: . I´m glad you found a bit of terrestrial life, Fleur :D .
maertha

Post by maertha »

11:27: Another visitor, a jay.

Gotcha! :laugh:

ame

Post by ame »

maertha wrote:The camerasound reminds me very much of the film “Contact”, when Jodie Foster listens to radio transmissions in hope of finding signals by extraterrestrial life :geek:. I´m glad you found a bit of terrestrial life, Fleur:D.
good catch maertha, the jay! :thumbs:

the sound has been a weak side of this camera since last spring. :slap:
it sounds unpleasant especially now that we have been able to enjoy the noiseless (excluding the constant quacking of ravens! :rotf: ) clear soundscape of the eagle-winter-feeding camera (which i first thought to be defective because it was so silent! :mrgreen: )

there's a beautiful evening sun shining on the nest. i don't think the amount of snow has reduced at all though. -a black woodpecker was calling in the forest somewhere rather far few minutes ago.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Another pretty day, but no sign of Linda or Sulev. And good pictures of the jay, Maertha.

Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

the square shadow of the camera can be seen on the tree trunk on the right. also the shadow of the cable is there. :D
beautiful weather here but the wind sounds hard (and there's a lot of cricking-hizzing noise). still almost the same amount of snow is left so it's cold i guess, despite of the sunshine.
Flex

Post by Flex »

The nest is soon without snow.

the half live consists of arrangement, subordination and regulation
ame

Post by ame »

beautiful sunshine and only little wind. the snow is decreasing but ever so slowly. :slap: i don't see much change when i look at pictures taken on different days side by side... (see for comparison: http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54 ... 2012March/) :unsure:
i guess it must be rather cold because the weather is so clear. and i still don't see any footprints. :faint:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Great Tit hold big cleanup :laugh:

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: It was NO WTE

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”