Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Jo UK
Site Admin

Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Post by Jo UK »

We know this nest from previous years, occupied by WTE Linda and Sulev, among many others.
At the moment it is a treat to see two buzzards setting up home there.

mms://tv.eenet.ee/kotkas

Edit 15.4.2012.
Now that there are two webcams for the ESTLAT joint project between Estonia and Latvia, about white tailed eagles, we need to change this topic, slightly, to make the connection more obvious.
It is the same camera, same nest, but see
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/12994

The other ESTLAT webcam topic is here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=401
ame

Post by ame »

let's hope that everything will go fine for our new musical nest tenants! :2thumbsup:

it was Bleggi who spotted our new settlers for the first time on Easter Monday morning. see her post here: viewtopic.php?p=134446#p134446

in the meanwhile i got news: Techno-Urmas has made the Pontu-pictures of this camera available for us! thank you T-Urmas! :bow:
tervitused ning tänu foorumitädidelt! :wave: :mrgreen:

the first picture is here:
http://pontu.eenet.ee/saunja/2012-03-12 ... -11-57.jpg
change the date and time to see the picture that you wish.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Sorry to disturb the flow of posts.!
I am going to bring previous posts from WTE 2011, 2012 to this new topic. It will look a bit out of date/time order.
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
buzzards are working at the nest, and what is maybe more important: they are just sitting there on the branches and looking around. i think they are making sure it is a good place to stay. :rolleyes:
i'll post videos later but here are some pictures.

and one more (even though it's against the rules) :whistling:

Jo: i'm glad that your cat is recovering. :wave:
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good morning! :wave:

I'm glad to see them here! :D
[youtube]S-PwiFcmMiI&feature[/youtube]
Proud to be a member of SHoW
ame

Post by ame »

and again. :2thumbsup:

ame

Post by ame »

the buzzard came again at 14.04. i like these fellows beacause they quite often call from far "i'm coming!" and then i have some chances to get recording started by the time they jump into the nest. :D

no-one else came so this bird stopped calling and began preening and looking around.

then it walked further along the branch and out of the picture. after that it has called every now and then so it is still sitting there, at least still at 14.21 it was.
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

[youtube]aa3eaylPkVI&feature[/youtube]

Proud to be a member of SHoW
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

This buzzard pair is dilligent about getting the old nest up to their standards. When one moves into an already used house, there is still much to do. They are a handsome pair of birds.

P.S. The cows must have gone home. :mrgreen: I wonder if they bawled so much because they wanted milking? Didn't someone say last year there is a dairy farm nearby? Perhaps it is the start of weaning the calves away from the cows so the milk can be sold. I don't know when calves are weaned in Estonia / Europe, but in Montana it was sometimes done in April. The calves were born usually in March, which to my mind was always a dangerous month for sudden snowstorms & even blizzards out there.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

i hear an approaching meouwing....
and CRUSHH! they landed. :D

ame

Post by ame »

there were two buzzards and they had a fist fight in the nest! :shock: :puzzled:

first there was meouwing in the sky for a long time... Then one came into the nest and half-spread its wings to cover the bowl

and the second landed next to it and spread its wings as well.

the first one left and the second stayed (looking a bit confused/irritated/upset???)

ame

Post by ame »

then the second arraged twigs a bit while the first circled in the sky meouwing all the time....

then the first landed and it quite apparently wasn't welcome at all.

they wrestled a little
ame

Post by ame »

ame

Post by ame »

...and fell overboard together.

here's the fight. actually this is a second fight. the first one was when the first buzzards was driven out of the nest, and that's in the previous video.

then there was receding meouwing...
are there more than one pair of buzzards who are interested in this nest?? :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

i've watched the buzzard-fight-video i posted in the end of WTE2012-thread again. it seems to me that the second buzzard who stayed in the nest between the fights was a little darker than the ones who have been decorating the nest to their liking during these past days. maybe its breast is spottier and the others have been more on the stripy side. :puzzled:

at 15.02 one buzzard came to the nest. climbed to the back branch and then went out of the picture, but it is staying somewhere quite near. it has called every now and then rather loudly.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Carry on posting, please!
I have finished interfering.
ame

Post by ame »

there has been nothing special there since my last mail. :D
i heard the buzzard call at 15.34 for the last time so far. it was talking to a blackbird who had some complaints. 8-)
then rather soon it began to rain here just like at the BS nest and all the birds burst into singing like crazy.
now the forest and the nest tree have such fresh and delicate colours. :innocent:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

So maybe there are more who are interested in the nest? No wonder, it`s a great nest. I see it has been sone action today, thank you for videos. So no bird are seen (but they have been heard) in the nest after the two who fell overboard?
ame

Post by ame »

macdoum wrote:ame,it must be a stranger buzzard trying to take over the nest & the female (?).. seen as a threat,so chased away.
that was my thought later, too: a strange intruder. at the moment when i was watching i thougth: oh how sweet, bridal flight with lots of singing and then some frolicing in the nest, but then i realized it had become nasty. :shock:

Lussi: i haven't seen/heard any other buzzard action after 15.34 when one of them sat outside the picture but by the camera and "talked" with a blackbird. since that it has rained - rained- rained - ....
the scenery is beautifully watercoloured... :whistling:

this clip was recorded at 17.21. it was raining gently and birds were singing.

now at 20.19 the thrushes go on wildly. :laugh:

here's today's playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA271E7BB00905257 :wave:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:slap: We are moving ? I just posted over on th'other page.. :blush: Soory I didn't notice. :rolleyes:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”