Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Post by ame »

there is a buzzard somewhere very close but it's outside the picture. i can hear it call every now and then....
EDIT at 18.17: last time i heard a call was at 18.03. since then it has been quiet.
ame

Post by ame »

a buzzard was by the nest again at 18.40- 19.04. it was sitting mainly on the back branch and calling, sometimes looking and sounding a bit distressed maybe. then it took off and hasn't been seen nor heard since....

EDIT (at 21.45): the camera turned to night vision at 21.24. no-one showed up till then and after the picture turns black&white it's impossible to see anything...
i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Mummy Buzzard in the nest in the morning. it had a sort of anxious/miserable look on it face this evening when it was sitting on the back branch for a long time. first it was there from 18.40 - 18.55 and even after that it did not go far. then it was there again at 19.00 - 19.04 when it left. - i think i'd trust the jays at this point... we live in exciting times... :rolleyes:
:offtobed:
ps: the playlist for today is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL558615F64ED1D3BD
there are all the videos i recorded today, also the ones that have only little interest. i thought that i'd save them in Y-tube...
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

good morning
A Buzzard sitting on a branch
many birdsounds

and I hear Wooper Swans flying over
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

the second Buzzard arrived

I think that the Buzzard who remains sit on the branch the female is ?
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I think I hear an mating :puzzled:

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

..and back

and gone again
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:I think I hear an mating :puzzled:
:slap: mating! that would make sense! i was wondering what that rattle and rustle was about. :D they don't do that loudly (like some used to do here. :innocent: )

the buzzard came back at 8.33. i can't say which nor did it bring anything. now it walked out of the picture again and i think it is staying there.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

8:43 Buzzard in the nest and gone again.

..I think it's serious, don't you think?

.. at least I hope so
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

8:33
I think the Buzzard hiding a mouse in the nest / and again at 8:43

have a nice day :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:8:43 Buzzard in the nest and gone again.

..I think it's serious, don't you think?

.. at least I hope so
i'm expecting eggs to appear any day now. :nod:
i think that yesterday jays knew what they were looking for.... :shock: :mrgreen:

i just hope i'll be able to see it, or at least that someone will be there to record it! i'll have to go soon...
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I do not know much about them, but they seem serious to me.
Bea

Post by Bea »

10:43 The jays were here again and had a :peek: at the nest ....

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
ame

Post by ame »

those rascals, the jays! :slap: don't they have any respect at all....

i have some videos from this morning. the first starts at 7.27, when both were at home, one in the nest and the other on the branch. then they swopped places. in the end the grey one who was in the nest yawned twice. at least there was no voice when it opened its beak. :laugh:

then they were looking around and thinking and the Grey left. the Brown remained on the branch...

... and just when i thought it was gone (i turned my back for just a sec) there began to be voices from the right. i think it must have been the mating like Fleur said. (they weren't so silent after all. :rolleyes: )
after a while the Grey came to the nest with a green pinetwig and arranged it there for a while

Fleur: you get such videos! :thumbs: you have the beginning there, too. i always miss the beginning, the arrival of the bird. it's difficult for me even to see whether they bring something there. quite obviously they are filling the larder. :D

at the moment no-one is at home, it's sunny and windy.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Hey, jays! Instead of searching for the other birds' eggs better lay the ones of your own! :laugh:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
ame

Post by ame »

15.51 one buzzard came and then within a minute the other followed. the second didn't stay long but the other was digging the nest bottom for a while and the looking around.. the it left at 15.56.

the wind is terribly loud. :slap:
ame

Post by ame »

16.04 a buzzard came and maybe brought something to the nest.
yes, it brought a big bunch of moss!

then it looked around and called a few times...

it left at 16.07.

ame

Post by ame »

one buzzard came to the nest at 17.59. again i was too late to see did it bring anything (but if not, why does it come?). it called a little, watched around, called some more and then left at 18.00.

i don't think it has been here in between, at least it's not in POntu-pictures and i haven't heard anything.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Empty nest at the moment, lots of nice bird songs. I hear the tik-ot-tik-ot-tik-ot of the snipe. It looks like the buzzards were very busy during the day . Maybe they are off finding supper right now.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

funny how different days can be. yesterday the weather was chilly and raw, but the buzzards were busy at the nest, coming and going many-many times especially in the afternoon. today the weather was sunny (though windy!) but the buzzards were active mostly somewhere else. i had the camera open all evening til way past 9 pm when the camera picture went from dark to white-striped. i saw no buzzards at the nest after 6 pm. this is about the last picture with some colours.

good night! :wave: :offtobed:
ps: today's playlist a t address: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCE0E33067027D4B
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Ame and Fleur,Bea thank you for posting all the news here. I think the Buzzards are serious now about nesting her. I hope so,I have never seen buzzards nesting,or doing anything exept waiting at the side of the road for roadkill. :rolleyes: Perched on a pole. :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”