Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Kitty KCMO

Re: Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Suddenly, someone comes home. Is it Pruuni?
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

i found from the Pontu pictures that Halli has been here in the nest in the morning. he came at 5.13, looked around a bit and then climbed into the nest and lay down on the egg. first he looked around at the forest but soon he began to sleep.

at 6.13 he woke up, rolled the egg and lay down, but got up again almost at once. he climbed on the rim, kaa'ed a little, preened a little and then took off at 6.15.

he returned once more at 6.21. the were calls from far first... then at 6.23 he landed in the hometree somewhere next to the camera, rustled there and then jumped into the nest with a dry stick (still!). he lay down on the egg for about 10 s, and then got up to the rim talking to himself and looking around.... and took off at 6.24.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

And now, one is home again.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty KCMO wrote:Suddenly, someone comes home. Is it Pruuni?
yes it is her! i missed her arrival darn! :slap: my VLC crashed as usual when i uploaded the videos. :faint:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I made a recording & that is why my last post was double. It does that sometimes when I am uploading.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty KCMO wrote:I made a recording & that is why my last post was double. It does that sometimes when I am uploading.
so you caught her! :thumbs:
there's space now for you clip. :D
she's in the 9.23 Pontu picture. http://pontu.eenet.ee/saunja/2012-06-07 ... -09-23.jpg
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Y'all beat me by whole minutes and I was not sure "who" was in the nest.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Here she is--

she looks so contented now, sitting there, but it is just habit now, not really incubating.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote:Y'all beat me by whole minutes and I was not sure "who" was in the nest.
this time the light was good and her position ok so that i could see the garland in the back of her head at once. quite often i still have had to zoom on then for a long time to decide who is who. :laugh:

thank you Kitty for the clip! :2thumbsup:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I wish I had gotten her flying onto the branch, but I had just come back to this cam as she was swooping up to land. It was a graceful landing, too, very pretty.
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Before I watched her on this visit I had not realized how light her face is -- maybe I mean her chin -- when I first saw her she was showing me her face/chin -- not her back.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

It has always been a bit hard for me to tell them apart, except if they are there at the same time, I can see she is much darker than Halli. He is more a light brown, & she is a brunette.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Pruuni glides to the nest and lands so elegantly that she hardly makes any sound at all. it's different with Halli when he carries prey to the nest. then it's more or less a crash-landing. :D and Pruuni calls so loud when she sees food coming that the whole arrival makes a racket. :laugh:
now i have to go, i have some errands to attend to... :wave:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

ame wrote:Pruuni glides to the nest and lands so elegantly that she hardly makes any sound at all. it's different with Halli when he carries prey to the nest. then it's more or less a crash-landing. :D and Pruuni calls so loud when she sees food coming that the whole arrival makes a racket. :laugh:
now i have to go, i have some errands to attend to... :wave:
Bye, Ame, have a good day! :wave: Soon I will log off too & go to bed. Only about 20 minutes more, I think.

Edit, 10:10-- I am off now. Enjoy the cams, everyone. I am glad we got to see buzzards again today. I look forward to photos & maybe videos when I come back to see how things go during the day. Goodnight / Good day! :wave:
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Pruuni began to call at 10.55, got up, streched, climbed on the rim, kaa'ed a little more looking at the forest and then she took off.

two minutes earlier she looked around the forest in a way that made me think that she was waiting for food and would take off in none came, or take off any way.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

11:31 The buzzard is looking for food and a little bird was visiting the nest
Image :hi:
ame

Post by ame »

Mr and Mrs B have stayed away... maybe one of them will visit later in the afternoon.

thank you Bleggi for the little bird! :wave:
well spotted! :thumbs: the ligth at the nest is difficult with shadows and bright sunlight changing places.

i saw the same little bird at about 9.10 and Kitty saw it even earlier. it has visited the nest frequently. :nod:
- at least it seems to be the same little grey bird every time, KGV (ein Kleiner Grauer Vogel), not KBV. :mrgreen:
i wonder what bird it could be..? :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

it seems that Bleggi's little bird was the last visitor at the nest, at least so far.
ame

Post by ame »

the egg is still alone. the evening is so beautiful with birds singing and sun shining and no wind.... it's almost like paradise... :unsure:
i'll go :offtobed: good night! :wave:
this past week especially has been a tiring one...
venegor

Post by venegor »

Possibly parents have left a nest and in it egg

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”