Estonian WTE Webcam 2014

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Schleiereule51

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2014

Post by Schleiereule51 »

I agree with the words of IceAge at! All the best for Linda and Sulev!
Wir haben die Erde nur von unseren Kindern geborgt...
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

ame,
Thankyou for the link!
Could you kindly fix the cam link to the list on the page :
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=565
This list is so practical to have as a complete one :shake:
ame

Post by ame »

hi Owlie :hi:

the list you mentioned is of Looduskalender cameras. the Juras-Erglis camera is not an Estonian Looduskalender camera. it is Latvia so it does not belong there. but anyway we can meet there. i think we are going to have some exciting days ahead of us there. :rolleyes:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Sorry for the mishap, I did read it already but already also forgot!
Henk

Post by Henk »

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/réti-sas-fészek ( copy en plak in your browser )

nest in Hongarije 2 chicks :loveshower: :loveshower:
ame

Post by ame »

Henk, this nest has a topic of its own. :laugh:
look here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=641
ame

Post by ame »

23rd March

now it is official front page news in Looduskalender: the nest camera in Saunja is closed for this season. this topic will also be closed i a few days.
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/

Renno writes in the news that there is probably something wrong with the camera and not in the power system. no-one will go back to nest untill later in the summer because they do not know if Linda and Sulev have a new nest near the old one. their lives and probable breeding must not be disturbed.

i know that Renno and Urmas (and other technical people) have done their best to make this nest camera work. they must be among the people who are most disappointed with this misfortune. we all are grateful to them for their efforts. thank you eagle men! :bow:

the breaking of the camera has made me think how fortunate we have been in the previous years. we had the opportunity to watch two pairs of eaglets fledge in 2009 and 2010. last year we saw how Illimar grew up old enough to get its rings and how it started its flight practise. we are also grateful for that experience.

Renno suggests in the end of the news that we could move over to the Latvian nest to watch how breeding of the Latvian WTE-couple proceeds. i agree with him whole-heartedly. times are very exciting there now: first egg is expected any time now. :rolleyes:

so: welcome to the Latvian nest! :wave:
laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

:hi: Thank you for the update

Sorry to hear this news but yes, I feel very lucky to have been able to watch Linda and Sulev and Illimar last year. It was my first time of watching so I missed the previous years. I hope next year we might be able to watch again but for now I am wishing them a happy season. Thank you Urmas and Renno (and everyone else) for all the wonderful work you do!

:wave:
Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you very much, ame, for this information!
And thanks a lot, Renno and all the others who are involved, for the many efforts to make the camera run.
I wish Linda and Sulev a healthy and successful season, hoping, to see them again one day. :wave:

Ame, yes, the Latvian WTE-nest is exciting to watch. I wonder, if the day brings special news. :rolleyes:
ame

Post by ame »

i locked this topic some time ago when i thought it was all over for the season and there would be no news from here this season.

... but today it came to my mind that maybe later this spring Renno will go scouting in the Saunja forest and there abouts and maybe he will find the new nest of Linda and Sulev. then he should have a place open for himself to write news about this. so i don't have any other news or events from here. sorry if you thought so.

so i'm just waiting for any news from Renno.... Image
asteria

Post by asteria »

I wonder if the buzzard couple still visited the old nest of Linda&Sulev. They could use it last year as well.
ame

Post by ame »

i have also thought about Pruuni and Halli recently...

unfortunatelly no-one knows anything about the situation at the old nest. i haven't heard if Renno (or any other) has been there to see if anything is going on there recently. so if any buzzards (or mallards) have stayed there they have done it in secret. :D
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have heard from Renno that he has checked the old nest in the meantime. There was no sign of any eagles there and also not of buzzards or any other occupants. He will try to find out where Linda and Sulev have made a new nest in the next weeks. Apparently Linda is a lady who does not like to be watched by cameras ...
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you, Felis, for the news!
It would be so nice, getting informations about Lindas and Sulevs current nestplace. :nod:
Fingers are crossed, that Renno is successful with the search for the new nest!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Renno wrote, that he already went out to watch out for the eagles and he saw Sulev flying with prey towards a direction where a new nest can be supposed, a good 500 m away from the old nest location where he looked the other day. Flying with prey also suggests that there is at least one nestling there to be fed. He will go out again to look for the exact location, maybe by the end of the week, if his time allows, and will let me know what he finds out.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Michi

Post by Michi »

Wonderful news, Felis! Thank you for telling us! :D
It’s so nice to hear that Sulev – hopefully with Linda – has most likely offspring also this year. :loveshower:

For ringing the probably existing chick(s) – if Renno finds the nest – it is too late now, isn’t it?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, for ringing it would be too late. They (if there is more than one) might already fly even if they have not fledged, or injure the ringer. Ringing time for WtE is from end of May into June. But we might get news about how many, if Renno manages to get close enough to see.

Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you for your answer, Felis! :hi:
I am curious about the next news. :D
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Thank you for news, hopefully we will see Linda and Sulev next year in their new nest! Fingers crossed! :loveshower:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have news from Renno. Before Christmas he finally went to look for the new nest of Linda and Sulev. He found it, about 3 km from the "new" nest and 1,5 km away from the "old" nest. He sent 2 photos he took, of the nest tree and the habitat of the nest. More news he does not have at the moment.

The area where the nest is

The new nest tree (don't the branches look like a ladder?)

Thanks to Renno for thinking of us and have a good new year! :wave:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”