Summary of the 2008 Nesting Season

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
visitor

Re: Summary of the 2008 nesting season

Post by visitor »

July 18th p.291-295

An ordinary day in the nest, storklets were doing a lot of exercises for wings and legs. Some jumps by Mr. Mid were so high that he almost left the screen. Some well synchronized jumps by two brothers were very promising... Mr. Big found a toy - a stick from the nest - and it caused quite a lot of noise from others.

Padis was feeding the storklets today more than Donna and it seemed he was calling them to fly. One time he was also noticed to come to the nest from unusual direction... actually he came from the same direction as every day but he took altitude and flew over the nest, then he landed on the nest from right side.

Five feedings:
06.23 Padis
10.26 Padis
10.59 Donna
16.17 Padis
17.54 Donna

Our teens were very smart and co-operative, they let us know when Mom and Dad were about to arrive.

More information about the White Stork Prinzeßchen:
Jo UK wrote:
What happened to the young rescued storks? Did someone foster them to other nests? Were they hand fed?
Brit wrote:
They were all brougth up nicely. Usually they put the youngsters in other nest with chicks of the same size. Only if no suitable brood is around they will be handfed.
By the way Prinzeßchen at that time chased away poor Novi, the mother of the chicks. But this was the last year Prinzeßchen got her Jonas back in the following year Novi could keep her place beside Jonas who finally fought with her against Prinzeßchen. Took 3 days before Prinzeßchen gave up!

Argo_L wrote:
dumb flies.. I thoughed I had a fly inside the appartement somewhere but it was in the storknest that I heard from speakers.. lol
Jo replied:
LOL - So many times I have heard wind or rain and thought I should shut windows or doors, only to find that it's sound coming from the nest. One day it had been dark and raining (at the nest) all day. I had to go out and started to wear wet weather gear, but the sun was shining here! We get so involved in this nest, it affects our waking moments!

Some of the storkaholics had a conversation about Vista, XP, Windows Moviemaker, Hedwig and Hagrid.

In the evening Bairbre wrote:
Someone asked me recently why I am so drawn to the storks. This is one reason, the togetherness and harmony in the nest, even during the frenzied food drops.
Also the friendliness, humour and comraderie of everyone here!
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 19th p. 295-302

The day began with sad news about Bunnibits - the starter of our thread had passed away. Bunnybits started Estonian Black Stork cam discussion on May 2007 and now we were so long as 296 pages. Bairbre posted a tribute in the name of all the storkaholics to Bunnybits' thread.

Five feedings:
06.31 Padis
11.06 Donna
14.52 Urmas
15.20 Donna
17.16 Donna - she didnt go to them right away, she waited few minutes.

Renandeli posted a conversation between Mr. Big and Miss Little:
Mr Big: Sister, I have told you what I have got to know. There is the Milkyway.. Promise me, we do not forget it. Repeate it..
Miss Little: I promise, we have the duty..I will always remember it.
Thanks, brother. I do understand it very well, I have to learn to fly!
Mr Big: Fine! Look, just open the wings. Do it so you will know it! You can!

Suddenly there were some fish on the nest and a panic on the thread in the afternoon:
14.57 Lili: Whats up, where did come this fish!
15.01 Gabriella: Is anybody in the nest again? Maybe a new transmitter comes...
15.03 Martin: What, what is going on... I wasn´t watching for 15 minutes?
15.08 Martin: Is it raining fish?, did anybody see, where the fish came from?, I can´t hear anyone near the nest...
15.11 Lili: Its very weird. Here are 2 variants - it's raining fishes or here is someone near the nest... but who?
15.12 Renandeli: What strange silence.. When I took my pic, I didn't even notice there were fishes on the nest again.. the lightning is so odd. Something is up!
15.16 Gabriella: I think as if I have heard the cracking of a ladder...
15.17 Mutikluti: Our birds got a neighbour who is sitting still on the top of the tree... What plans they have...? I can not understand....
15.21 tasane: Ehh??? What's going on? Donna came to feed her chicks. Obviously she didn't notice anything wrong... But the youngsters seemed to be a bit alert, especially Mr. Big was interested of something going on around.
15.57 Gabriella: I really hope that only the members of the Estonian Eagleclub ( Urmas and his colleagues) know where this nest is exactly. I hope its place is hard to find.
16.00 Renandeli: There are/were (?) people on the ground, beneath the tree and the nest, 'hiding', (?)... no making any noise, something is up... at 15.25, all three listening to and wondering.
16.04 Gabriella: We should call Urmas' attention somehow, shouldn't we? This situation is a little bit alarming, worrying.
16.26 Lili: I heard storklets alert-noise like they usually do if someone disturbs them (it was about 14.50 nest-time). All three were watching someone and growling. Then I saw somebody throwing fishes. Of course my first thought was it's Urmas or somebody of Team. But now I don't know what to think, very strange.
16.26 Renandeli: Suppose that thieves would emerge in sight? To steal for ex the web cam or the transmitter, if not birds... cannot even imagine, ... terrible, horrible... What could we do!
16.33 Yarko: ATTENTION!!! NO NEED TO WORRY!!
I made one more phonecall. Mr Looduskalender said that people from Est. Eagle-club were there to feed, because chicks are a bit underweight.
17.21 Yarko: NEW INFO!! about fishes from sky.
Mr Looduskalender called with new info. Near the nest it was Santa Fishman Himself, Urmas. He was around, decided to feed. Mr Looduskalender said that Urmas hoped that nobody sees. Dream on, Urmas! We are watcing 24/7. So dear storkaholics, mystery is solved, fishes don't fall from sky.
17.25 Jo: Well done Urmas! They need all the help they can get. The only way to stop us knowing about it is if you suddenly have a "fault" in the camera that stops us watching. Otherwise, all is known - but you did hide well!!

It seemed Mr. Big ate all the fish. Mr. Mid and Miss Little remembered the "do not take from strangers" lesson, while Mr. Big did not! The result - at 21.32 Mr.Big made a great jump and disappeared to the top of the screen for a second.

In the evening storkaholics switched on pigs - good memories of the Pigcam were shared.
Jo wrote: Last winter, Juta said it was more popular than the normal evening TV programs!
Bairbre wrote: Ummmm, Jo, could that have been in part due to Mr. Green (?) shirt????
Jo wrote: Barbara, do you mean Mr. Blue Coat? Yes, he was the star attraction. He was wonderful to be out at all hours, in the dark and cold weather, to take food to them.. I feel sure he waved to us, just once! I might even have a pic of that magic moment.

Juta's summary:
Today started with sad news about Bunnybits, who started last year this thread.
So many good pictures and videos!
Alert on the nest at 14.52, fishes from the sky! Panic on the thread for hour, fortunately after investigation it was Urmas, who thought he could secretly feed the storks. No way!
Nobody noticed that today we crossed 300 pages already.
6.31 Unknown, edited -Padis
11.06 Donna
14.52 Urmas, also known as Santa FM(or SFM -Sociaty for Foodservice Management, so says Google)
15.21 Donna
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 20th p.302-307

A nice morning and a peaceful day in the nest. Mr.Big did some high jumps and so did Mr. Mid and Miss Little. Some jumps of Mr.Big were so high that he disappeared from monitor.The storklets seemed restless and eager to fly.

At 13.51 Martin wrote:
I´m sure, that the wings produce enough lifting force to make them fly, but the thing is, that they don´t know how to move the wings the right way, so the maximum lift could be produced...the question is how to fly.

Only three feedings:
11.25 Donna with frogs
14.48 Donna
17.13 Padis

In the morning Martin_P wrote: ... and the new total number of pages is 438.
Juta: OH! Talk people, talk!
Yarko: Juta, be careful... if I get opportunity to talk freely, the Hancock's server will fall down...
tasane: Not bad! Are we graphomaniacs? Or are our storklets so inspiring?

Martin wrote:
I was just going through the whole forum and wanted to know how many other topics are there, which have crossed 300 pages
The result:
1. Games Forum - What is it? - 520 pages.
2. The Garden Fence Chat - Nesters - 364 pages.
3. Bears - Panda Web Cam at Zoo Atlanta ~ Mei Lan and Family - 360 pages.
4. Storks - Estonia~Black Stork Cam - 303 pages and counting.
So, we are at the 4-th place.

In the afternoon macko50 wrote:
One of the members of Hugarian forum called Margo has made two very nice
photo albums mostly from our shots.
Just take a look at them :

http://hu.fotoalbum.eu/margo1977/a100859/slideshow

http://hu.fotoalbum.eu/margo1977/a100866/slideshow

Storklets settled for the evening quite early... or were they looking for Mom or Dad with fishes/frogs? They seemed lazy. Later they all did some exercises though. Storkaholics were talking about frogs and hedgehogs.

Renandeli finished the day: Little sweet noices can be heard on the nest, calm, farway dog yawn some times, black night. No wind, no rain.
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 21st p.307-313 (using Juta's summary)

A day full of jumping, especially Mr. Big and Mr. Mid were doing some really high ones, Big even hit the camera with his wing.

There was a heavy rain - thunderstorm - and again a lake formed in the middle of the nest. But sadly no frogs or fish there. Different birds were singing around the nest and in the evening gunshots were heard. The teens didn't worry about it though.

Three feedings:
11.25 Donna
17.16 Padis
18.00 Donna

Martin was worried about the adults:
Do Donna and Padis meet each other while foraging? Since Padis is a fisherman and Donna has a frog fetish, they must be foraging on different places. But it is very hard to believe that after almost two moths time, when the trio has been on their own, they have not met each other.

Urmas visited our forum and gave some information:
We are trapping storks for tagging them, but it takes a lot of time watching in hides, preparing sumps of fish, traps installation etc. Don't know if we are able to catch our heroes Donna or Padis? We try, but that could be not enough for results...
Our tagged in 2006 BS Raivo has three chicks this year (all above 3,2kg in weight) and we tagged one, medium of them.
Maybe can travel during coming days to Saaremaa and tag one of Piia-Priidu youngs there.

Discussion of the day - how to get a storkaholic back to the nest?
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 22nd p.313-317 (using Juta's summary)

Another hard day for storkaholics - problems with connection.

14.02 - no connection!!!
14.38 - picture came back for 2 seconds.
15.38 -picture came back.
16.10 - off again.

When the connection was on, we saw storklets standing unmoved, in the same position, watching down for long time...
Were there people on the ground?

Finally Yarko gave us some fresh info from mr. Looduskalender:
90% sure that something is wrong with camera cable (some branch falled etc).
Today will be no connection.
They hope that tomorrow somebody will go and fix it.
Btw: when strorklets look down, it's probably Donna or Padis down there, walking around and showing how interesting and full of food there is downstairs - just start to fly? Last year Donna did the same.

Hopefully it was a good day for storklets - in the morning we saw jumps by Mr. Big and Mr. Mid, also Miss Little was taking her flying lessons seriously, doing some very high jumps.

Only one feeding was recorded:

Donna 10.00

Probably there were more, we just didn't see them.
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 23rd p.317-320 (using Juta's summary)

Good news at 02.22 - the cam was back!

At half past five early morning time the members from North America were enjoying a beak hockey episode. Something was in Mr. Big's beak, all three were playing with it, taking it from each other. Maybe it was something coughed up by one of the teens?

Lot of exercises, jumps, stretches. Mr.Big was trying to climb up on the branch, Mr. Mid was leaning over the edge of the nest.

Gabriella wrote:
I have noticed that many times mainly at white storklets. Approaching the time of the first fledging they are more and more watching over the edge of the nest and down, accustoming themselves to depths.

Four feedings:
10.24 Padis
11.27 Donna
15.23 Donna
16.52 Padis (was teasing storklets for 5 minutes before arrived on the nest).
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 24th p.320-323 (using Juta's summary)

Quiet morning on the nest, peaceful, perfect, warm and sunshining day. The same question in the air - to fly or not to fly?
Lot of playing and practising in the nest. Mr.Big learned a new exercise - jumping on the branch outside the screen. Miss Little was trying to climb up on the branch and jump down.

10.47 Miss Little disappeared from the sight.
13.57 Mr. Mid climbed on the branch, she couldn´t be worse than others! For this day they all were discovered the branch.
15.44 Mr. Big was very high on the branch outside the sight for a long time.
Was it some competition or what? The nest had already proved to be too small for them.

Three feedings:
10.16 Donna
11.47 Padis - this time Padis brought bigger fish than usually. Where did he catch them... from Santa FishMan?
16.46 Padis

Parents were teasing storklets before feeding them, it was time to fly out from the nest. At 16.34 Padis teased his kids for 7 minutes before he came to the nest.

It seemed that watching the storks was not enough for storkaholics. Lot of other stuff was tried - swans, one sparrow, even dogs and flies. At 9.37 in the morning Renandeli posted the post nr.8000.

The evening was very quiet. Little crackles were heard sometimes, but no dogs barking. No wind or rain. So still.

July 25th p.323-328 (using Juta's summary)

Nice and sunny morning, storklets were playing, Mr. Big was walking on the branch. There was a better look from this high place to the mysterious world what was calling her stronger and stronger.

At 6.31 Mutikluti posted her post nr.1000. Congratulations! And thanks for all the wonderful pictures.
At 8.02 Mr. Big disappeared again, but it wasn't any news anymore.

At 10.24 Mr.Big jumped from the branch to the nest and fell quite hard.

Lot of teasings - two or three times an adult was seen flying around the nest - not landing.

Only two very quick feedings:
12.18 Donna - 3 seconds.
16.37 Donna - 4 seconds.

In the evening Mr.Big flew to branch - she didnt walk this time.

Storkaholics were talking about snakes.
a storkaholic
visitor

Post by visitor »

July 26th p.328-332 (using Juta's summary)

The day began with tender scratching between Mr.Big and Miss Little.

Four feedings:
Donna 9.42
Padis 13.09
Padis 16.05
Donna 16.40

8.01 Mr.Middle made a mess in the middle of the nest when she flew over it and Mr.Big was a little angry. Mutikluti wrote:
Mr.Mid writes the subscription in the centre of the nest, Mr.Big checks the orthography.
8.15 Alert, was it the stranger again?

Lots of flying exercises...

9.18 Mr.Big made her 1st flight!! At last she decided that there is life outside the nest too and went to take a look at it.
So much excitement and feelings among storkaholics.
9.42 Donna with frogs.
9.43 Mr.Big returns. She just missed the food drop.

Later she stayed in one position and looked at the departure-branch for a long, long time. She seemed like thinking: "now I know that's a magic branch. Everyone, who steps on it, can fly".

13.09 Padis was back. There was no food from Padis yesterday.
13.26 Mr.Big was flying again for few seconds.
16.05 Padis with food.
16.09 Mr.Big was flying twice in 2 minutes.
16.16 And again Mr.Big took off and was back soon.
16.40 Donna with lots of frogs.

Mr. Big flew 5 times, Mr. Mid was very close to flying few times and Miss Little is still exercising.
One Raivo´s storklet got transmitter on his back.

A video from Martin: http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/2F.wmv
a storkaholic
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

Only facts today:
Arivials
2.33 Vaino over the ocean
5.20 Bociany over the ocean
Europe awaking:
7.06 Mutikluti
7.06 Mr. Big ´s flight
8.21 juta
8.36 Donna
8.42 Renandeli
8.44 Padis
8.59 Jo UK
9.26 Yarko
9.38 Argo
9.41 Martin
10.41 Somebody flew over the nest
In the afternoon was interesting cogitation about what is instinkt?
15.06 Padis
17.33 Bairbre
Cogitation about flying
21.28.33- 21.28.35 Mr. Mid did his first very short flight
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

7.02 Stranger near the nest
7.20-7.26 Mr. Big´s flight. Martin´s video: http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig.wmv
9.26 Padis
9.43-9.44 Mr.Big ´s flight
9.53-10.01 Mr.Big´s flight. Martin´s video http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig2.wmv
10.44 Mr.Middle flew over Miss Little to the branch
11.33 Padis
~ 11.38 One adult stork
Mutikluti said:
I think that Padis stay there and is calling them...I heard klok-klok...but it was not angry as stranger-stork do....
~12.30 Stranger again?
Mutikluti:
Stranger stork?Or said Donna them: That's enough! You must fly and look by itself food...
Before stork landed near the nest he teached storklets to dance stork-tango....he flew long time around the nest and storklets twirled around, around, around....
Yarko:
it looked like one of parents to me (by behavior of stroklets) -
but no food, only teasing!
i think parents push them to fly..?
12.48 Donna with fish and some frogs
Tasane started discussion about giving the name to another young stork with transmitter in Lääne Virumaa(Raivo´s nest)
Names:
Randolph
Urve
Ursula
Armas
Urmi
Joss
15.21 Mr.Mid tried to fly pretty hard but decided still to stay in the nest.. He flew above the nest about 4-5 seconds and almost fell off the nest
17.21 Donna with fish
17.42 Mr. big´s flight Martin´s video http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig3.wmv
18.10 Padis
Renandeli:
Somebody was staying behind me when I positioned the pics, and he said Isn't that a symptom of Storkamaniac already, can you stop that..??
Martin:
And what was your answer?
Renandeli:
Wait, take it easy, be quiet!
Yarko:
wrong answer, renandeli
real addict (of storks etc) denies all symptoms.
Later at about 22.30 there were some lights, noise, maybe even gunshot in the forest. But maybe it was just reflection of transmitter from moonlight and branches.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

28.07 Pages 338-345

Summary

7.02 Stranger near the nest
7.20-7.26 Mr. Big´s flight. Martin´s video: http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig.wmv
9.26 Padis
9.43-9.44 Mr.Big ´s flight
9.53-10.01 Mr.Big´s flight. Martin´s video http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig2.wmv
10.44 Mr.Middle flew over Miss Little to the branch
11.33 Padis
~ 11.38 One adult stork
Mutikluti said:
I think that Padis stay there and is calling them...I heard klok-klok...but it was not angry as stranger-stork do....
~12.30 Stranger again?
Mutikluti:
Stranger stork?Or said Donna them: That's enough! You must fly and look by itself food...
Before stork landed near the nest he teached storklets to dance stork-tango....he flew long time around the nest and storklets twirled around, around, around....
Yarko:
it looked like one of parents to me (by behavior of stroklets) -
but no food, only teasing!
i think parents push them to fly..?
12.48 Donna with fish and some frogs
Tasane started discussion about giving the name to another young stork with transmitter in Lääne Virumaa(Raivo´s nest)
Names:
Randolph
Urve
Ursula
Armas
Urmi
Joss
15.21 Mr.Mid tried to fly pretty hard but decided still to stay in the nest.. He flew above the nest about 4-5 seconds and almost fell off the nest
17.21 Donna with fish
17.42 Mr. big´s flight Martin´s video http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig3.wmv
18.10 Padis
Renandeli:
Somebody was staying behind me when I positioned the pics, and he said Isn't that a symptom of Storkamaniac already, can you stop that..??
Martin:
And what was your answer?
Renandel:
Wait, take it easy, be quiet!
Yarko:
wrong answer, renandeli
real addict (of storks etc) denies all symptoms.
Later at about 22.30 there were some lights, noise, maybe even gunshot in the forest. But maybe it was just reflection of transmitter from moonlight and branches.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

29.07 pages 345-353

Summary

6.51 Mr. Big´s short flight
6.54-8.16 Mr. Mid´s first real flight
Martin: http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MidsReturn.wmv
Macko: http://www.indavideo.hu/video/Mr_Mid_elso_repulese
7.14-7.45 Mr.Big´s flight
Miss Little is on the nest alone
Martin: http://www.martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little.wmv
Martin: http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little2.wmv
11:15 Padis
14.47 some bird flew over the nest with loud voice.
16.09 Mr.Middle left the nest
16.10 He is back
16.20 Donna
16.24 Donna is sitting on the broken tree
16.28 Mr.Big took off and came back same minute.
16.29 Mr.Big left us again and came back 16.30

Was it really only 2 feedings?

It was interesting day. Mr.Mid´s flight and Miss Little exersises
Storkaholics predicts pages, flight date. There was already something about Christmas...
Somebody´s house fall down...

Prediction when Miss little will fly(thanks tasane):

Rachowiak - Today is 76th day of Middle' life. Mr. Big made his first flight in 72nd day. I think first flight of Miss Little should be Aug 3rd-5th.
Later: I've calculated once more - today is 74th day of Miss Little life. If she/he will fly in the same day of life as Mr. Big, it should be tommorow or - at last - on thursday. But she/he is so small ...
Martin_P - I think that she´ll make her first flight on friday Aug.1-st
Argo_L - Mr.Mid made a flight over Miss.Little yesterday and flew today.
So Miss Little made a flight from 1 branch to another so she will fly tomorrow.
Renandeli - I have a premonition that Miss Little will take her first flew out of nest on thursday the 31th July at 10:00 , when i will be at dentist
Jo UK - Maybe she will fly today, but I don't think so.
Tasane - Miss Little will fly out of the nest tomorrow morning.
Yarko - OK, i'll take the risk and say today. then you'll have a chance to say me: "we told you"
Bairbre - I predict Miss Little will fly the first time.........when I am sleeping!!!
Vaino - Miss Little will take two more days, I think?
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

30.07 Pages 353 - 361

Summary

Starting at. night
Urmas:
Hello Dears!
since yesterday evening till today evening I was in hide near nest. Mostly observed activity on broken birch drunk. And at dark time yesterday evening installed artificial pool with fish near that drunk on forest glade. Hope, adults and/or our storklets will use it. But Donna only circled over that today and Padis didn't pay attention at all...
My activity caused strange voices at last evening and flashlight in forest, sorry!

7.27 Mr.Mid flew on the broken tree.
Martin:
Todays first flight by Mr.Mid http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Mid1.wmv
Acrobat Miss Little on the branch http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little3.wmv
Mr.Big´s first and second flight today http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig4.wmv
http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig5.wmv
Mr. Mid´s second flight http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Mid2.wmv

continue....
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Miss Little´s yet another attempt to fly http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little4.wmv
10.03 Miss little left alone
10.33 Donna
Martin:
Highlights of Mr.Big´s and Mr.Mid´s http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/B&M.wmv
Miss Little´s activity http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little5.wmv
11:14 Padis
Martin:
Another Mr. Big´s flight, followed with feeding http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/B&M.wmv
Miss Little´s acrobatic moves http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little5.wmv

continue....
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

14.56 Mr.Middle flew from nest and back the same minute
http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little6.wmv
15:01 Mr.Big left the nest
Martin:
http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/MBig6.wmv
http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/BigReturns.wmv
Miss Little was soooo close to flying http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/L&M.wmv
Padis 16.38
Donna 17.02

Continue...
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Lucy:
Mr Big's landing, 10:24 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886GCtfH6Ig
Donna, feeding 10:33 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQjFCLaFEQ
Padis, feeding 16:38 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7smRkrI5os
Mr. Big’s flight, 16:46:48-16:48:49 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V12oZh7a_E
(this recording is still under - very long(!) - processing in YouTube and may not be active yet, but I hope after some time …?)
Donna, feeding 17:02 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgtl7HIV2v0
Thank you Lucy
It was active day for Miss Little learning to fly and for Martin making videos(how to say videoholic?)
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

6.12 Mr. Mid has left the building
6.20 Mr. Big has left the building
Martin: Miss Little´s attempts http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little7.wmv
the last attempt wasn´t approved by her brothers
Yarko: why do you think that was'nt approved?
i think brothers said "good girl, go on " or something

M: Because she crash-landed on them
Y: hah. boys are such a crybabies
11.09 PADIS
14.13 PADIS
Martin: feeding stats
download/file.php?id=17155&mode=view
MISS LITTLE DIDN`T FLY YET!
but look at this
frankjr:Oh yeah, Miss Little e-mailed me and said she would fly Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

05:15 - 05:25 Bociany:everyone up and stretches, plus "waste management"
05:28 Mr Mid flew away
05:35 Mr.Big flew away
6.42 Mr.Big is back
07:05 Mr Mid returns
Martin: Miss Little was about to go, she hesitated quite some time and decided not to
http://martin641.planet.ee/DP/Little8.wmv
10.32 DONNA
11.45 Solar eclipse
~ 12.00 Miss Little alone
12.31 all three on the nest
14.22 PADIS
17.11 DONNA

Miss Little didn´t fly. New concern, but as this summary is one day late, we already know!!!

Short Summary

Great day!
06:40
Saturday 2 August

MISS LITTLE FLEW!!!!!
Bociany: woo--hoo, my first "I saw it happen" fledge!
Macko: video http://www.indavideo.hu/video/A_nagy_na ... a_kirepult
7.57 Miss Little returned back
11.55 DONNA
12. 41 PADIS
Tasane:
Well, now it's time to close the prediction contest about Miss Little flying. I'm glad to announce that

the winner is

MISS LITTLE!

Ok, let me try again.

The closest bids were made by
Gabriella - Saturday, btw. 5-7am
Frankjr - Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
Renandeli - Saturday morning at 7:58+some seconds.
Well done everybody, we all predicted correctly that miss Little will fly, we are all winners!
Yarko:thank you tasane!yes, we all are winners!!!
but the gold medal goes to miss Little of course
14.52 DONNA
Janner:
15.12 Miss Little flew for a short time
15.36 Little miss takes off again - then was seen flying left to right across the clearing!
16.16 DONNA
17.42 PADIS
19.58 DONNA
Interesting links from Yarko:
How could less DNA help birds fly?
http://www.rps.psu.edu/mar96/birds.html
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dinosaur ... 8875.shtml
Very important: what is plural of goose?
Bairbre: moose, moosers - for fun
JoUK: But I want to say
One moose.
Many meese!
22.15 strange sound. What it was?
Great day! Congratulations!
I can say there will be hard rain next night and morning. But it is secret yet
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

Rainy day
Still raining
Raining
Some exerceses
Something they saw in the forest and looked with interest.
Home renovation - they put the stick from one place to another.
12.06 Nobody notced unless renandeli that suddenlyy there was only one stork on the nest
12.29 Mutikluti snaped something like ghost on her picture!
12.57 Mr. Big returned to the nest(when he lieved???) He had diffculties and had to climbe to the nest Renandeli´s picture: http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... =17543&t=1
12.50 DONNA
13.04 Mr.Mid back on the nest from the right side. Late - dinner wa eaten already.
15.03 DONNA
Our storkaholics started to see visions(Renandeli): http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... =17605&t=1
Discussion about little green people and wht happened+ Forum went down for hour!!!! Who did it?
So this day went, another rainy night was coming
Here is great picture from Guncis with some adds from Renandeli and Frankjr

http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... =17621&t=1
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Summary

4.55 Vaino started new day poetically: "It is raining again and the puddle in the middle of the nest is growing"
11.13 Still raining. Arvi entertained us with black humour
http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... =17623&t=1
The text in centre: "escape your loan payments today already..."
"Türisalu pank" is name of place on photo. And essential here is, that the word "pank" has 2 meanings in estonian - "cliff" or "bank".
And the last part of text probably translates as "when you are running out" or "when no strength is left anymore".
It was such thought-provoking picture that next day Tasane will write:
At the first sight it seems that Bank of Türisalu (or Türisalu Bank) offers help (money) to people who have troubles with loan payments (and there are pretty many people in trouble now in Estonia!)... but this beautiful place, the Cliff of Türisalu, is quite popular among suiciders, every year somebody drives off this high cliff... So, if the Türisalu pank promises to help those who have no strenght left anymore, then actually it is just an invitation to commit a suicide... This is a very black humor (is this correct expression?), but very very well spotted, the use of words is really ingenious and clever! And Yarko:
i must admit that's the best (black) humor i heard for a long time. i thaught about it several times yesterday.
at first i laughed like a mad, then i thaught i'll forward the pic to several people. The next minute i started to shorten the list, to whom to send it. at the end i did'nd FW it at all, althought me and my friends share same sense of humor. but - i don't want to create some sobstory here, i make it short - years ago my very close friend made a suicide.
so - you never know, what's moving in other persons scull. And almost everyone has his loans, and sad thing is, that many try to keep their faces and act like they have no trouble at all, with all these horrible payments
Of topic, but in such rainy day...

13.20 Mr. Big had a short flight
13.33 DONNA
~ 14.00 Mr.Mid flew
!4.14 Mr.Big flew
14.50 Odd behaviour - stranger stork was noticed
15.05 Mr.Big landed from the sky, Mid iwas back already
15.53 - loud noise
17.29 - DONNA
Started to rain and it is going to be very unpleasent next night and next day.
On looduskalender.ee Olev added to our Wish List:
The next stage of research should be a camera on the transmitter with views forward and back so that we'll see where they move and what lives they live!
And new version of Cuncis picture from Tasane:
http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... =17683&t=1

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”