Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
jopie

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010

Post by jopie »

Good morning all. Thank you Visitor and Bigmauth ( :laugh: ) These are beautiful images to watch, and now for the REAL thing!
bigmauth

Post by bigmauth »

>>> Image Camera is not working Image
Gisa

Post by Gisa »

What happened to the camera, broken?? :bash:
Gisa
Liebe Grüße von
Gisa
ame

Post by ame »

i just opened the camera maybe 5 minutes or more ago and it's working fine.... try to restart your players, they sometimes get jammed.

it seems to be sunny there. :rolleyes: ...at least those narrow parts of that jungle where the sunlight can penetrate.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Clever - or lucky - birds, they have the nest covered with nearly-black aspen leaves. Great for catching any sunshine warmth that there may be.
The black feather melting itself down into the snow, in Mats Kangur´s photo http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/6903 is a nice illustration of the heating power of black.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

OMG i am just so glad that Oss has arrived home!
and that Toomas has started moving quicker :headroll:
last year he was here( if they are the same birds) - on the nest -today 5.th April :D

great thing, this map, Urmas you are a genius :2thumbsup:
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
asteria

Post by asteria »

Oss is the winner again! :laugh:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

asteria wrote:Oss is the winner again! :laugh:
yes, but he is cheating - stays in Israel for winter :D
Liis

Post by Liis »

Urmas' introduction of the migration map, and the link to it, is here:
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/7027
Nice that Tõnn has started homewards too.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Jo UK wrote:Thanks for that look back, visitor. I got lost among the 2008 nest. What a noise they make!
What an exciting viewing experience...the first I'd seen of these chicks on the nest :bounce:, or any b.s. chicks, on any nest! Quite mesmerizing and suspenseful experience (although I did have to turn the sound WAY down!) They were quite a bit feistier and put out than Spot, Sulli, and Kluti when visited by Urmas. And how capable and fearless is he!!! :bow: Simply amazing. I was so wishing to know Estonian so I could hear his conversation.

Jo, or anyone, what in the world was that on the upper back of one of the chicks...the rectangular, yellow, box-like thing with what appeared to be a long stick coming out of it??? I was flabbergasted and could not possibly come up with anything. Looked like the poor thing had been shot with an improbably bizarre arrow. :unsure: Answer might be in 2008 B.S. forum history, if that exists, but I didn't look for it.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Liis wrote:Urmas' introduction of the migration map, and the link to it, is here:
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/7027
Nice that Tõnn has started homewards too.
This map is precious like a gift from heaven! Thank you, Urmas, for your work! :bow:

Please, Toomas, Lembit and Raivo, hurry up!! :D

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
rachowiak

Post by rachowiak »

rosebud wrote: Answer might be in 2008 B.S. forum history, if that exists, but I didn't look for it.
In 2008, a young stork, our poor Mr. Big, received a harness with a satellite transmitter. Thanks to the GPS satellite transmitter we learned, among other things that one day the young bird might fly up to 400 km. Unfortunately, during his stay in Belarus (near Minsk) Mr.Big sat on the line of medium voltage energy, and thus ended his life. Using data from simillar transmitters Urmas published on pages Looduskalender interactive map of spring migration.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I put the MIgration Map at the head of each forum, so whichever forum you visit, it is at the top
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=203
asteria

Post by asteria »

rachowiak wrote: In 2008, a young stork, our poor Mr. Big, received a harness with a satellite transmitter. Thanks to the GPS satellite transmitter we learned, among other things that one day the young bird might fly up to 400 km. Unfortunately, during his stay in Belarus (near Minsk) Mr.Big sat on the line of medium voltage energy, and thus ended his life. Using data from simillar transmitters Urmas published on pages Looduskalender interactive map of spring migration.
No, it was not Ms Big, it was her sister Mid. Big did not get a transmitter and we don't know how she's doing.
rachowiak

Post by rachowiak »

rachowiak wrote:
In 2008, a young stork, our poor Miss Mid (thx Asteria :slap: :wave: ), received a harness with a satellite transmitter. Thanks to the GPS satellite transmitter we learned, among other things that one day the young bird might fly up to 400 km :shock: . Unfortunately, during his stay in Belarus (near Minsk) Miss Mid sat on the line of medium voltage energy, and thus ended his life :cry: . Using data from simillar transmitters Urmas published on pages Looduskalender - http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/ interactive map of spring migration.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

empty nest...but the snow is melting on the ground :D
the map says that Toomas is very far yet, so maybe Padis is quicker this year :puzzled:
at least i hope he arrives first :rolleyes:

rosebud

Post by rosebud »

rachowiak wrote: In 2008, a young stork, our poor Miss Mid (thx Asteria :slap: :wave: ), received a harness with a satellite transmitter. Thanks to the GPS satellite transmitter we learned, among other things that one day the young bird might fly up to 400 km :shock: . Unfortunately, during his stay in Belarus (near Minsk) Miss Mid sat on the line of medium voltage energy, and thus ended his life :cry: . Using data from simillar transmitters Urmas published on pages Looduskalender - http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/ interactive map of spring migration.
Thanks. I guess you're saying that the "thing" is a satellite transmitter. That's actually the first thought I had, but didn't mention, since I had no idea they looked like that. Sorry to hear of such a sad accident that befell her.
asteria

Post by asteria »

It would be also interesting if any untagged stork appears this year in the nest.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

Hi Ricky, lost son! :D
nice to see a BS nest again, isn`t it?
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

nice weather in Stork forest, around +12C :2thumbsup:
i can hear some birds singing quite far from the nest...

i made a short summary of the last season, so i had to read through all the pages....what emotional reading it was :slap:
such a rollercoaster....joy, excitement, tears and sadness....but all these pictures and videos - aaah, pure pleasure :headroll:

i so hope, that this will be a good year!

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”