Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
asteria

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010

Post by asteria »

Yes, it may flower as well.

Toomas decided to be the first to start winter migration, Raivo followed him. And Lembit clearly got his transmitter broken.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Liis

Post by Liis »

asteria wrote:Yes, it may flower as well.

Toomas decided to be the first to start winter migration, Raivo followed him. And Lembit clearly got his transmitter broken.
Toomas is like royalty (and ash tree leaves) then: last to arrive, first to go :innocent:
gersenda

Post by gersenda »

There was a black stork in the nest , 21.07. from 12:42 to 12:44 . You can see photos here : http://www.miedzyrzecze.org.pl/forum/vi ... id=422&p=8 It was not Padis. No ring .
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Thanks Gersenda!
Certainly it is not Padis, and not Toomas. Also Raivo left homeland before, but there are still some storks incognito in Estonia... Interesting!

One image of other unsuccessful nest where a stork of 1997 (orange ring 70W) is present. There were also two other storks visible on trail camera images, but probably all they are males...

and closer look of the same stork
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

So there are storks just 'wandering' about and loooking at nests ? I see that stork also has a metal ring near the right foot.
We will have to pray to the stork saints for them to come and nest in front of the camera.. next year. :bow:
Thank you Urmas and gersenda for the pictures. :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

aah what pleasure to see them! :headroll:

our nest has some fresh fir twigs :puzzled: wonder who brought them??
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

The LSEs use to decorate nest before leaving to the migration - for to return next spring with more serious plans...
I think we need to find other storknest to install the camera! Actually that is not very easy, as several suitable aspects should be followed.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

Yes, please, please, Urmas! a new BS cam is simply vital part of our lives :D ...
....although i like LSEs very much and wish them safe migration and successful breeding next year :2thumbsup:
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

10:34 found LSE sitting in nest
10:44 he/she left and flew to the rotten birch trunk on background (the top is not visible from cam).
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Since I went home I found the LSE in the nest - building it a bit another way - bringing new things etc.
Here some pictures:
up to 12:59

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

13:05 - 13:13

I am so glad to meet them.
Regards from Bleggi
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

After an hour (14:10) one of eagles was still in the nest. Brought a twig called and left.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Urmas wrote:The LSEs use to decorate nest before leaving to the migration - for to return next spring with more serious plans...
I think we need to find other storknest to install the camera! Actually that is not very easy, as several suitable aspects should be followed.
Yes, we have to find another nest for webcam but then we never see Padis again and never learn how he's doing.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

The LSEs are back in the black stork nest this morning, bringing & arranging fresh greenery. There is a lot of sound like heavy construction equipment from nearby. And the nettles are making a fine stand round a third of the nest! :D

Kitty KCMO
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

12:41
LSE in the nest
12:58

Mew

Post by Mew »

Bleggi, this webcam has disappeared from my main menu - please can you (or somebody) give me the link?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Mew wrote:Bleggi, this webcam has disappeared from my main menu - please can you (or somebody) give me the link?
Of course, dear Mew, may I help you and perhaps some others:
mms://tv.eenet.ee/kurepesa.
And if this link get lost again, you can find it at page1, at the beginning of this Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010.
You will be wondering what there happened with the nest. The LSE did a great work this morning :whistling: .
Kindest regards
Bleggi
Mew

Post by Mew »

Bleggi wrote: Of course, dear Mew, may I help you and perhaps some others:
mms://tv.eenet.ee/kurepesa.
And if this link get lost again, you can find it at page1, at the beginning of this Black Stork Webcam Discussion 2010.
You will be wondering what there happened with the nest. The LSE did a great work this morning :whistling: .
Kindest regards
Bleggi
And so, my thanks to you, dear Bleggi - I don't know where the webcam link went.

They did do a lot of home furnishing, didn't they? Now [21.25] it seems to be raining hard on the nest. The BBC reported floods in Germany etc, but still drought in Russia, I believe? [Here is - OK. Sunny intervals and showers. Not warm. Normal English summer!]
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Where do this small birds take the power to carry so big material from?
The picture shows the work of yesterday:
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Bleggi wrote:Where do this small birds take the power to carry so big material from?
The picture shows the work of yesterday:
Is it not possible that this twig fell down during a storm. I think they do not like this uncomfortable twig. :puzzled:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVUOiU5Xomo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVUOiU5Xomo&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”