Pictures and Information about Storks

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
garina do mar

Re: Pictures and Information about Storks

Post by garina do mar »

Jo UK wrote:Maybe we should hire a helicopter so that Urmas can be lowered to the nest to put the webcam in place :puzzled:

I keep thinking that our storks will arrive at the nest before the snow has cleared enough, to let him get there :shock:
Maybe we should :rotf:
They are arriving quite early this year and it's only 8 days to the end of March...
Be Natural
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Jo UK wrote:I keep thinking that our storks will arrive at the nest before the snow has cleared enough, to let him get there :shock:
Jo, didn't you say March 27? You could be right!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

bociany wrote: Jo, didn't you say March 27? You could be right!
Yes, that was my instinctive feeling, last August, September time!
Not that it means anything, but I can't help worrying about it, this year
Pass the tranquillisers, please! :laugh:

Urmas, how much snow is there now?
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

renandeli, thanks for news!!
our storks are really getting closer :chick: i am sure Urmas has some inside info- :whistling: little birds must have told him how much time he`s got!
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Snow shoes would be for help too!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Liis

Post by Liis »

Interview with Urmas in Postimees 23 March http://www.postimees.ee/?id=97432: Black stork Oss (from Raplamaa) was in Bulgaria around then, expected to be first back home.
And first white storks back in Estonia, seen 26/3, Häädemeeste (from today's LK main page)

Hello, Asteria - I'll put reply here, saves space :innocent: : rumours say that Black Stork Camera is in place but electronics need some fixing.
asteria

Post by asteria »

A year ago Black Stork cam already started working.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Late last evening, I learned that there are now two webcams on the Black Stork nest. Unfortunately the place that receives the webcams signal from the antenna needs some repair - that will be done next week.

So even if Donna and Padis return today or in 2-3 days, it seems that we are not likely to witness their arrival. :cry:

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. I expect the tech people who work on this will do their best for us, and we may yet get to see the arrival of one or both of "our" storks.

Keep hoping :2thumbsup:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

More information about Raivo, from Urmas, plus pictures from Tanya :2thumbsup:

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/3158
Olga

Post by Olga »

New pictures from Netherland, where from might this Black stork originate? Is it Duch?

http://waarneming.nl/soort/photos/362
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

50P9 ring is probably used in Hungary, less possible in Croatia.
Very quick information! Thanks, Renandeli!
eniko

Post by eniko »

Hi!

50P9 was ringed in Hungary in 2007 as a pullus. Please send the exact recovery information in e-mail and you will get an official recovery record.
Thanks for this great observation! 1st seeing of a Hungarian BS in the Netherlands.

BR :)
Eniko from the Hungarian BS programme
www.blackstork.hu
Olga

Post by Olga »

eniko wrote:Hi!

50P9 was ringed in Hungary in 2007 as a pullus. Please send the exact recovery information in e-mail and you will get an official recovery record.
Thanks for this great observation! 1st seeing of a Hungarian BS in the Netherlands.

BR :)
You are welcome :thumbs:
Information gone to the Hungarian Black Stork Protection Programme leader Kalocsa Béla.

But is it that the Dutch photographer should get the official recovery record, at first.. The name is there in Waarneming page. He would be happy to know what a precious photograph he took.
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Good evening !

White storks nest on a tree. I have never seen such a thing in Hungary before. The nest was built by the storks.

Foto : Pusi - Hunagrian Birdwatchers forum
"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Olga

Post by Olga »

Do Black Storks fly by night?

I moved my reply to Lili an Ricky here from the BS cam thread here

( viewtopic.php?p=31655#p31655 )

Lili wrote: No :cry: They dont fly in darkness
But in Israel they have flied by night ( the moon picture is taken 2008, in January in Israel). I have one picture where BS is flying somewhere over Arabian desert, no threes.. hm..i could not find it... If they do not fly in forests by night.. i don't know. :puzzled:

הודעות:
תאריך הצטרפות: 15-January 07

http://d-spot.co.il/forum/index.php?&showtopic=178488

edit: I found the 'arabian' picture. The name in arabian is عنز الماء - I googled :2thumbsup: to be honest I don't know in which country this photogarpah has been taken!

I google translated some part of the page. They are not speaking about BS there. the picture can be from where ever, and just by accident it is there..

http://bhrani.blogspot.com/

the link goes to Bahrain, 2007..

Sometimes it is just funny to search BS-pictures with their names in different languages! :rolleyes:
visitor

Post by visitor »

Don't remember the exact date, but last year it happened at least once, that no parent was in the nest when it got dark, but was there when morning came... I think it was Donna who flew there in the dark.
a storkaholic
Lili

Post by Lili »

Renandeli
Beautiful pics, are these real?
So they fly in darkness? :puzzled:
I haven´t seen Donna or Padis arrived the nest in darkness
ok darkness is a bit subjective, lets they I havent seen they arrived the nest in the night-time. Have you?
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

visitor wrote:Don't remember the exact date, but last year it happened at least once, that no parent was in the nest when it got dark, but was there when morning came... I think it was Donna who flew there in the dark.
Very interesting, thank you!
Olga

Post by Olga »

Lili wrote:Renandeli
Beautiful pics, are these real?
So they fly in darkness? :puzzled:
I haven´t seen Donna or Padis arrived the nest in darkness
ok darkness is a bit subjective, lets they I havent seen they arrived the nest in the night-time. Have you?
I think the Israeli picture is real. There are three pictures, it was a flock of black storks that flied in the sky.. The members there who commented are nature lovers, lots of bird pictures, and every kind of flowers, insecks, other animals, panoramas etc.

It was told by the photographer that it was an exceptional full moon night 2007 January, the moon is told to have been nearest to the globe, as it is in every 15th year.. This was what I undertood when I translated the hebrew to English.

I remember that there in israel can be thousands of Black Storks in that time of year - they have first flied there from Europe, Asia, Russia, Europe etc and stopped there for some ewwks before they migrate to Afrika, even 8000 maybe more, BSs have been counted, it was told somewhere..

(I'm so slow to write in english..!.. :blush: millions mistakes.. ubt it's better to not ot acre too muhc ..
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

renandeli wrote: I think the Israeli picture is real.
Those photos of the storks against the full moon are just wonderful!

If you go to the website that renandeli provided in her link, you will see the details from the camera - so I am sure that the photos are real

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”