Pictures and Information about Storks

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
garina do mar

Re: Pictures and Information about Storks

Post by garina do mar »

renandeli wrote:I saw that it built the nest and arranged twigs in good order!
Yes, and the other one arrived and they went both of them to the nest :loveshower:
I have a video of the arrival. Its 3,5 Mb do you want it?
Be Natural
Olga

Post by Olga »

yes, I do! garina do mar! Wonderful! There are now two of them! :rolleyes:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

Ehhhh :blush: I don't know if you all only love the black stork or all species of the stork?
I will share my yesterdays 'adventure' and pictures with you;
Two storks where terrible 'fladdering' above our house as if they could fall down any second.
I was exited and terrifying at the same time, but I took my camera and followd them.
They allmost fall in our meadow, they seemt very exhausted and wet.
They stayed allday and thismorning they left early and wher okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jasmijn

Post by Jasmijn »

And a few others, after they had rest a bit and dry their wings;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Jasmijn wrote:Ehhhh :blush: I don't know if you all only love the black stork or all species of the stork?
Two storks where terrible 'fladdering' above our house as if they could fall down any second.
I was exited and terrifying at the same time, but I took my camera and followd them.
Hi, I can assure you I love all storks! Even Marabous are my faforites! :bounce: I envy you can see these fabulous birds with our own eyes! :slap: Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. I have only once by accident seen White Storks in Finland, they are very seldom, ecceptionally seen birds here..
Olga

Post by Olga »

I took some pics from the video which I got by post from garina do mar.. how beautifully and gently they greeted each others nodding their heads and beaks.. :D :2thumbsup: Thank you very much!
24.2.2009_Black_Storks_Portugal.JPG
RealPlay 2009-02-24_Black_Storks_Portugal_2.JPG
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Jasmijn wrote:Ehhhh :blush: I don't know if you all only love the black stork or all species of the stork?
Jasmijn we like all species of stork :headroll:
And I understand very well your excitement :D
But for instance, in Portugal white storks stay all year so they are not so exciting as black storcks or the "marine" storks.
8-)
Be Natural
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

The blackstork stayed in the nest for the night :loveshower:
Dawn is around 6h00 UTC, 8h00 in Estonia :innocent:
Be Natural
Bairbre

Post by Bairbre »

That poor stork. In the middle picture he/she looks exhausted, soaked and very downcast. :sad:
Proud member of SHoW. (StorkaHolics Of the World)

"There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't met yet"
William Butler Yeats
Bairbre

Post by Bairbre »

Hi Macdoum! :wave:
Proud member of SHoW. (StorkaHolics Of the World)

"There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't met yet"
William Butler Yeats
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

I'm also very glad to see Black Stork in Portugal! That's of course completely different habitat as here in Estonia.
Thank you for sharing that camera link!

Have you any information about wintering of BSs in Portugal? In Southern Spain they winter surely...

Is that nest of Black Stork or Griffon, we see? Storks nest in Portugal in similar places along the rivers, as I know.
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

kotkaklubi wrote:I'm also very glad to see Black Stork in Portugal! That's of course completely different habitat as here in Estonia.
Thank you for sharing that camera link!

Have you any information about wintering of BSs in Portugal? In Southern Spain they winter surely...

Is that nest of Black Stork or Griffon, we see? Storks nest in Portugal in similar places along the rivers, as I know.
:wave: Kotkaklubi
The nest of blackstork is in the same place where are griffon nests. Slightly above there are 2 griffon nests. One where the "baby" is about to born (or is already born, we don't see the nest with the camera) and another one that was not occupied this season.
Blackstorks don't winter in Portugal at least that is known. These ones just arrived. White storks yes, we have plenty of them during all year :D
Blackstorkes in Portugal make their nests near rivers with this type of rocks and white storkes everywhere and even in rocks on the coastline (there are photos above)
Be Natural
rachowiak

Post by rachowiak »

Do you remember? I'm waiting for March 31st
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Fine, Rachowiak!
Let's hope that situation in human society will not affect on the prey availability in forest streams, the home nest building and numerous kids there ...

Urmas
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Hi!

I've just joined the forum so I'm a new member here from Hungary. I was very happy to find this forum because last year I watched the webcam every day, I followed the news about the black stork family and I really wanted to know when they will be back in the Estonian forest. :peek: I'm really delighted to hear that foreseenably 31st March is the big day this year so I'm looking forward to that date!!!! :loveshower:
I hope the webcam will operate soon again because it made my last summer season very happy! As I'm really interested in zoology, ornithology I find the forums and webcams like this a very useful tool, otherwise I would never have a chance to see these birds from so close. Unfortunately Hungary is not a nature-conscious country and people here don't find birdwatching an interesting hobby. So I just want to say that I really appreciate your efforts and thank you for thousands of happy moments!
Artemis :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Welcome, Artemis.
I hope you enoy this forum.
But, suppose the black storks come back a few days earlier this year? I think we need to start watching for them before the 31st.
Of course, that all depends on "He Who Climbs Trees with Webcams!" :laugh:
Olga

Post by Olga »

garina do mar wrote:Black storkes arrival in Portugal :headroll:
And one video that was made last year when a young blackstork in her flying trials decided to visit the gyps vulture nest :D
Their nest was just underneath this one so it is not visible.
http://www.zappiens.pt/video.php?cat=45&id=283

The link is ok. It´s from the portuguese Foundation for Scientific Computing and official broad band provider.

Other videos from gyps vultures are here: http://www.zappiens.pt/lista_videos.php?id=45
I have today watched the vulture cam, - like yesterday! Yesterday the Cegonha Negra was there in the nest several hours, and spent the night there too. I don't know if the other BS was there too. Today she was not seen during day hours, but in the evening she rerturned! At 20.21.

There is a discussion thread and I translated with google almost all! Well, they are all entusiasts, what else.. :D People think that this black stork seems to be healthy and good looking, well fed, it's feathers are exeptionally shining in sunlight, it behaves calm.

Now it is sleeping there, I don't know how many meters high up from the level of the river. The nest which this (these?.. if the two storks seen there are a couple) Black stork has chosen is an old Griffon Vulture's nest. It is about to fall down - it is broken by storms and rain, the watchers there told.

I wonder if one month is enough time for them to prepaire and rebuild the nest..First eggs should be seen at the end of March.. :puzzled:

There are people who have watched the Estonian web cam last year. Now they hope they could watch as well the portuguese BS nesting as the Estonian BS's nesting too, and to make coparisons! Oh, it would be great!

(google transl:Last year much like to see the Estonia! Until then I knew that there were no black storks !:(((
26.02.2009 - 20:05 - Elizabeth R

Hopefully it is, Isabel R. Via cegonhitas be fun to grow and see if the nested Estonia will also be interesting to make comparisons ...
26.02.2009 - 20:01 - Luisa Moreira

pictures, 1) yesterday 2) today evening
firefox 2009-02-25_cegonha_negra_Vulture_cam.JPG
firefox 2009-02-26_cegonha_negra_vulture_cam.JPG
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Welcome Artemis :wave:

I too am really looking forward to having our Black Storks return.

Many White Storks have started to return to their nests in Germany :2thumbsup:
One of my favorite white stork webcams is http://www.pfalzstorch.de/bilder/live1.html

Edit to add:
:wave: renandeli
Thank you for all the pictures from "garina's cam" I have not been lucky enough to catch storks there.

A month should be plenty of time to build/rebuild a nest - bald eagles can build a nest in two weeks and I think the storks could do that too.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Bociany! So they thought there in vulture cam too. The nest rebuilding will go quickly, if they decide to have chicks, a stork family for the summer. There are lots of food for storks on the shores of the river - there are 'low shores' near too. The vultures there nearby will be feeded by people, be cause for them there is not food enough.. as far I understood right what the GrifoNautas told.
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

renandeli wrote:I have today watched the vulture cam, - like yesterday! Yesterday the Cegonha Negra was there in the nest several hours, and spent the night there too. I don't know if the other BS was there too. Today she was not seen during day hours, but in the evening she rerturned! At 20.21.

There is a discussion thread and I translated with google almost all! Well, they are all entusiasts, what else.. :D People think that this black stork seems to be healthy and good looking, well fed, it's feathers are exeptionally shining in sunlight, it behaves calm.

Now it is sleeping there, I don't know how many meters high up from the level of the river. The nest which this (these?.. if the two storks seen there are a couple) Black stork has chosen is an old Griffon Vulture's nest. It is about to fall down - it is broken by storms and rain, the watchers there told.

I wonder if one month is enough time for them to prepaire and rebuild the nest..First eggs should be seen at the end of March.. :puzzled:

There are people who have watched the Estonian web cam last year. Now they hope they could watch as well the portuguese BS nesting as the Estonian BS's nesting too, and to make coparisons! Oh, it would be great!

(google transl:Last year much like to see the Estonia! Until then I knew that there were no black storks !:(((
26.02.2009 - 20:05 - Elizabeth R

Hopefully it is, Isabel R. Via cegonhitas be fun to grow and see if the nested Estonia will also be interesting to make comparisons ...
26.02.2009 - 20:01 - Luisa Moreira

pictures, 1) yesterday 2) today evening
firefox 2009-02-25_cegonha_negra_Vulture_cam.JPG
firefox 2009-02-26_cegonha_negra_vulture_cam.JPG
Hi Renandeli :wave:
Quite confusing and not exactly what was told in Portuguese. :whistling:
Tomorrow I'll try to make a better translation :rolleyes:
Be Natural

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”