Site Admin

Re: Black Stork Webcam - New Nest.

Post by Jo UK »

Coming to you now!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Thank you very much! :wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Does anyone else want this picture, tonight? I shall be here for another 30 minutes, then shut down for the day!
asteria

Post by asteria »

Yes, me either please...if it is not too late yet.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Only 12 photos today on Pontu. The season definitely comes to an end.
I am still collecting them, should somebody want to see what is going on or not going on. I am also looking, if I see something interesting, like bird visitors. :wave:
Hope Neli and her family have reached warmer places already, maybe a rest in Israel? :unsure:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

ame

Post by ame »

at about 7 pm this cam said "too many retries, giving up!"
i just peeked to have a look. i've got no idea how it has been for a long time....
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Pontu says, cam did not turn on today at all! No pictures! :roll: But the nest is empty, no more storks!

Ame, if you want to see a bit of the season, I have all the Pontu pictures collected: http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l63 ... otos/Kurg/

In Mejuba I just finished with July, August will be next.

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Felis, you are doing a great job! We never know what next season will bring and it is good to know that this season is safely stored in Mejuba. Thanks.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thanks Jo! I find it also important to have the pictures stored for people who would like to use them for work or just look at them and remember a great time with the storks! And the thanks also go to Ame, who let me know about Pontu and how to collect them! :wave:

Pontu cam remained off today as well, no news from the stork wood!

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:37 - I hear Cranes calling...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The camera had pictures again the last two days, but the nest is empty, the leaves are falling. Today it has not yet started.

vaino

Post by vaino »

19:34, Whichever bird claims this nest next spring - has lots of clean-up to do ! A raven was closeby.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Urmas tells us that Black Stork Camera 2 closes for the season, article HERE.
There is some small technical problem with the article images; I can see the ringing day image with IE in the Estonian version.

Many thanks to Urmas and his team, and Looduskalender! :bow: :bow: :bow:

And I truly don't think that the technical action must be invisible - after all, it is part of life and the show. It makes our experiences more real and richer too!

Once more, thank you! And the best of luck to Üks, Kaks, Kolm, Neli and Tiina and Tiit.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I saw the Estonian article in the afternoon already (I am sitting sick at home) and just saw the translation by Liis :blush: and saw I got a special mention there! If I could be of help to somebody I am happy! Otherwise, the praise and thanks go to Urmas and his team and Looduskalender for the work they had, especially since the cam did not work as maintenance-free as hoped! I also thank for such an incredible experience! It was the first time I was able to watch and it really hooked me!
My thoughts and wishes travel with Tiina, Tiit, Üks, Kaks, Kolme (Johanna) and Neli, have a safe trip, come back again and if you pass through Israel, make sure to show your rings to Carsten Rohde, who travelled there to watch and photograph storks.
Wind under your wings - beloved birds! :wave:

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I agree with Liis - I don't think that maintenance and technical work should be "behind the scenes" The work that is needed is part of the story for us. We would like to know who does what!

I appreciate that not all workers want to be webcam stars or have such public exposure, so they can just "Ooops" and disconnect the cable, or something!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Felis, I wish you well, soon.
Katinka

Post by Katinka »

I agree to all that :shake: !

As this year was a great success for breeding and fledging of at last 4 new BS siblings, amongst the eyes of unnumerous "Storkaholics", we only can hope for another good year in 2012. I'd like to stress: hopefully in the SAME nest(s) as before - so that Urmas & his fellows won't have more work than neccessary to observe the known nesting sites and to re-install technical equpiment...
The tendencies of BS appearing in Estonia are lightly decreasing, as I lately read - why ever. But not to forget the development in Latvia which is more positively!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Jo UK wrote:Felis, I wish you well, soon.
Thank you, Jo, just a touch of cold, and today I was at work again. :wave:

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I am glad you are better, Felis. And I also want to say that I really enjoyed seeing the stork family over the summer months. I hope to see them or a similar family again next year.
Kitty KCMO
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Felis you got special thanks from the team there for all your input. Félicitations. :2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”