Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
baska

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by baska »

Good morning everybody :wave:
Starling wrote: Good morning. :wave:
I´m also anxious to hear how´s Lenny doing... :puzzled:
Me, too! :unsure: I wonder why Dr. Madis didn't write yet once more... or at least Urmas...
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Good morning Everybody! :wave:

9:44 Chicks are playing with a branch :)

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Feeding at around 11:20
macko50

Post by macko50 »

10:54 Feeding - Tiina
11:20 Feeding - Tiit

10:54 Feeding - Tiina (slow motion)

11:20 Feeding - Tiit (slow motion)

10:54

11:20

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

:hi:
Thank you very much Bleggi and Macko for capturing visits of Tiit and Tiina. I am very happy that everything is fine and both parents bring food for their children. :loveshower:

Unfortunately, the period in which I had some free time has just ended and now I can not watch the nest as often as I wanted. :sad:
Sylvie Lefevre

Post by Sylvie Lefevre »

I watch a lot of raptors and birds in the world. I am in france and in these forums about ospreys, storks eagles , there are the best explanations. i enjoy to read it . I learned a lot
tanks you
Birds are the link between human beings and God
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Welcome to the forum, Sylvie. :hi:
You have absolutely right, all the Estonian wildlife cameras are great, and the forum is very friendly and informative. :thumbs:
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Again, both parents fed the storklets within a short interval of time. 8-)

14:57 Tiit

15:10 Tiina

baska

Post by baska »

Welcome Silvie! :wave: Sois la bienvenue!

Like Lucy already said: this is a wonderful site. :loveshower:
The excellent cameras, the forums, the photographies and the detailed reports about the nature, where you can learn a lot. ...and the nice people here!!!

That's good to hear, Lucy, thank you for showing. It seems, as if the parents know that they neglected their kids....
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Can someone please tell me (remind me) .... is Lenny the oldest, middle, or youngest stork? :puzzled:

Thank you!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

By the look of him, I would say Lenny is the oldest, and I think there was kind of a "name change" as one storklet got the "T" in the ring and was immediately "called" Tommy for it, although I think the "real" Tommy is now Lenny. Please - correct me, if this assumption is wrong.
But going strict by the looks and the stage of moult by the time he/she was taken out, it was the oldest storklet!

Edit: I just looked through yesterday's Pontu pictures, once there is a parent, at 14:38, but a couple of times the storklets stand or sit like after a feeding, still poking for remains
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
macko50

Post by macko50 »

19:51 Feeding

19:51 Feeding (slow motion)

George
ame

Post by ame »

Felis silvestris wrote:By the look of him, I would say Lenny is the oldest, and I think there was kind of a "name change" as one storklet got the "T" in the ring and was immediately "called" Tommy for it, although I think the "real" Tommy is now Lenny. Please - correct me, if this assumption is wrong.
But going strict by the looks and the stage of moult by the time he/she was taken out, it was the oldest storklet!
Lenny's wing was the longest, so i guess he was the oldest (or male).
- they hatched almost at the same time, within hours, but the there was two days difference in the laying, wasn't there? how is the age calculated then?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Ame, difficult to say with certainty, because we don't know if the first egg hatched first (since one did not, maybe this was the first? - some people saw a spot or whole on it very early). But definitely there was a difference in appearance, weight, wing length etc. Maybe next year we should ask Tiina to colour her eggs? :mrgreen:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

asteria

Post by asteria »

Lenny is the largest storklet, but the blackest one was Tommy, at least it seemed so. It is hard to say which of them is the oldest but I think they all are males.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
ame

Post by ame »

or make some other markings, like number or date and time. :mrgreen:
over-all colouring might be best. then we'd see the order no matter in which position the eggs are. :rolleyes:

i found Renno's mail. it's on page 90 (viewtopic.php?p=148163#p148163)
renno wrote:Back from the nest.

Juveniles got on the left leg white rings 708T (wing legth 34 cm), 708R (wing 36,5cm) and 708U (wing 35cm). In the right leg there is aluminium rings A10155-57 respectively. They were lot of pecking/beating and somehow 708R injured his bill few cm from the tip - there was scratch visible and some blood on the bill. I didn´t detect it but probably he hit something (me, nippers, climbers) too strongly. I am really sorry for causing this injury while ringing but hopefully it will heal quickly.

I will be out in next days therefore please follow how 708R is acting during feeding (eat with no trouble, will get enough food etc).
fernandiky

Post by fernandiky »

Hi from Spain to everybody,
I regularly check the nest, but I never realise about the forum.
I'm sure is already discussed in the forum, sorry about that but can somebody tell me what has happened with the third chick? ( is a bit to long to read all the 106 pages and I'm not sure when this happened)
Thanks very much and congratulations for such a nice place!
Fernando
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello Fernando! Welcome to the Forum!
The third chick had to be taken from the nest because it got injured at its beak while ringing last Friday. It's now in the veterinary clinic in Tartu, being treated for a damaged beak. The vet, Dr. Madis, has registered himself here and is giving reports about the progress!

fernandiky

Post by fernandiky »

Oh Thanks for the quick response!
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Thanks for the replies about Lenny - if he had the longest wing, I will think of him as the oldest (first hatched).

Welcome, fernandiky!

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”