Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
unp

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by unp »

The outcome of the storklet's injury is sad and probably inevitable. However, I can't get this post out of my head.

Maybe the details are different. Or an adult stork is more likely to survive...
Bea

Post by Bea »

Starling wrote:....
And maybe it´s just better to ignore some posts here. I don´t want to see any arguing here either. I wish everybody could be polite to each others here even though they don´t agree with each others opinions.

I also understand many of us can be disappointed because Lenny can´t be saved. But it is not fair to blame or accuse the doctor, who has done voluntary work with Lenny 6 weeks or so. :wave:
I agree, Starling!

And I wish some people would give themselves a bit time to think things over before they post such hard words !!! Image

It is easy to post such words from behind a computer anywhere and not be held responsible for it.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
asteria

Post by asteria »

unp wrote:The outcome of the storklet's injury is sad and probably inevitable. However, I can't get this post out of my head.

Maybe the details are different. Or an adult stork is more likely to survive...
Unp, you must know about Lotoshino section of Moscow Zoo and that Far East storks! Remember that stork in the Zoo looked terrible in 2009 and in 2011 he even started breeding!
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Dear members!
Please do not quote troglodytes´ post anymore.
As it has been said several times we do accept different opinions but do not allow abuses and impolitenesses.
That post will be probably removed.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Quote from dr. Leivits blog:

My biggest worries where that the fixation would not work and the stork will have a nonfunctional scissored beak. The unexpected problem is that the lower jaw bone started to grow bit downwards so with time it developed a small gap. The importance of this problem is that the storklet has not started to eat by it self. I have been trying to get him to eat now for over a three weeks. Have done different type of tricks and used different types of food but no success. So the current result is a not functioning animal who cant be released and it needs hand feeding multiple times a day. The hand-feeding is also getting day by day more wrestling, what is stressful for the bird and I'm afraid of the injuries that he might get.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Troglodytes post was deeply offensive to Dr. Madis and to members of this forum. It has been deleted. Where it has been quoted, it will be deleted.
The offending member will be banned,

Our long-standing requirement for a decent and sociable atmosphere on this forum has not changed.

Thanks to our many sensible and mature members for staying here and keeping a rational view. :bow: :bow:
jannie

Post by jannie »

thank that you bannad the message
jane
Manu

Post by Manu »

@Jo: Thanks to deleted this message...
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

"Black stork camera closes"

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/
Manu

Post by Manu »

I wish Tiit and Tiina and the two youngsters a safe and nice journey and hope we will see them next season again :wave:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Let me say thank you to all who made it possible to watch the Blackstork Cam this year. Thank you to all who shared pictures and videos and gave reports.
Above all thank you to people like Urmas and Dr. Madis who took care of Lenny. It had come to a sad end with him - but to think he had died by hunger is terrible for me. I have send some money for food and meds for the clinic. And I am very grateful for all what was tried to find a good end.
I am looking forward to 2013 and say "bye" :hi: - Bleggi
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Bleggi wrote:Let me say thank you to all who made it possible to watch the Blackstork Cam this year. Thank you to all who shared pictures and videos and gave reports.
Above all thank you to people like Urmas and Dr. Madis who took care of Lenny. It had come to a sad end with him - but to think he had died by hunger is terrible for me. I have send some money for food and meds for the clinic. And I am very grateful for all what was tried to find a good end.
I am looking forward to 2013 and say "bye" :hi: - Bleggi
You said it all Bleggi.. :2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Right now it is raining at the nest, quite the right weather for a farewell. For another about 7 months we will have to wait and hope that we will see Tiina and Tiit again, hopefully for another successful season, and this time with better luck for all the storklets! Them I wish a good journey and a safe return to this nest! To Tommy and Kelly a good life, no accidents, a good partner and many little storklets in the years to come!
It's always a sad time to say good-bye, but I am thankful that for a second year I was allowed to watch these birds have a family and storklets grow up! Thanks to Urmas, Renno and everyone else who made that possible and to Dr. Madis for trying to help Lenny! Image
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Gaby

Post by Gaby »

Felis silvestris wrote:.... Thanks to Urmas, Renno and everyone else who made that possible and to Dr. Madis for trying to help Lenny! Image
I like to use your words, Felis silvestris :thumbs:

It was my first Black Stork-season and I enjoyed it very much, but also I was so sad about Lennys fate.
It is a pity that it could not end better for Lenny. Dr. Madis had done the best, but the storklet is in good hands, where ever he may be now.

:wave: until next year!
Manu

Post by Manu »

It was also my first black stork- season and I would say:
Thank you for all who made it possible that we have the possibility to watch this wonderful cam :loveshower: .
Thanks to Urmas, Renno and others and specially to Dr. Madis to trying to help Lenny.
I'm ready for the next season... Till next year :wave: .
Bea

Post by Bea »

20:15 Two Thrushes (?) Blackbirds (?) visited the nest - maybe for next season? :mrgreen:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Have you heard about the young Black Stork visiting a retirement home?

http://www.frankenpost.de/lokal/fichtel ... 42,2096116

The article says the young stork comes there already since three weeks, likes their "yellow" fish (goldfish) and even ventured through the door and inspected one (empty) room and left through the window, when one of the assistants there opened the curtain. Unfortunately it seems to have no ring. Since the stork is not shy at all, the stork expert there thinks it is either a stork escaped from a zoo or one raised by human beings. If he has not left after three weeks, they have to catch him because migration time will be over by then. People should not feed him or get to near, so he does not lose his urge to migrate.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Bea

Post by Bea »

Nice story - no doubt that the people living there let him in their heart immediately :laugh: But I hope he found his way south now!

Already many years ago:

In a small town not far away from my birthtown White Storks nested again on an old chimney - there hadn´t been storks for years!
All the towninhabitants were happy - until the storks found out that it was easier to catch the goldfishes in the many private small gardenponds than other food in the meadows ;)
The mayor of the town rose a fund for the people with now empty ponds for substitution - and that the Storks could feed their chicks well until they were grown up :laugh:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

And they did not decide in that case they will stay on over winter as well? At a buffet that rich? :mrgreen:

Bea

Post by Bea »

Lot of people made the wise decision to wait until next spring to fill up their ponds with fish again - and to wait if storks come back or not :mrgreen:

Also some precious Koi Carps ended as food for the storklets :whistling:

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”