Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by Jo UK »

fernandiky wrote:Hi from Spain to everybody,
I regularly check the nest, but I never realise about the forum.
I'm sure is already discussed in the forum, sorry about that but can somebody tell me what has happened with the third chick? ( is a bit to long to read all the 106 pages and I'm not sure when this happened)
Thanks very much and congratulations for such a nice place!
Fernando
Fernando, if you start reading from this page, you will catch up on the news. There is a lot of it!

viewtopic.php?p=148807#p148807
fernandiky

Post by fernandiky »

ok, thanks!
Manu

Post by Manu »

:hi: Fernando, welcome to this forum :wave: .
pziel

Post by pziel »

NancyM wrote:Can someone please tell me (remind me) .... is Lenny the oldest, middle, or youngest stork? :puzzled:

Thank you!
Hello Nancy
We can only say that all thre nestlings are of the same age (in days) because they hatched on 20th of May 2012, in the morning, within four hours.

Piotr
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

pziel,

:slap:
I knew that at one time! I even recorded the information into the first post of this topic. I should pay better attention to myself and all of you here.
Juditka

Post by Juditka »

Hello from Oradea, Romania! :wave:
I'm in love with storks, birds, animals and of course with this beautiful black stork nest! I have recently discovered this forum, until now I discused about theese in hungarian one: http://madarak.szigete.hu/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=256

My english is far to be good, but i hope You understand me.

I'm waiting anxiously the news about Lenny!
vaino

Post by vaino »

Mis saab Lennist - Will Lenni be brought back to the nest ?
macko50

Post by macko50 »

July 7

Good morning Everybody! :wave:

Hello Juditka and Fernando! Welcome to the Forum!

I also have been waiting the news about Lenny.

May be it's only my personal feeling, but without Lenny there is a "light shadow" on this nest.
I spent a lot of time watching the three storklets. They had their own habits. Tommy (708T) and Lenny were close to each other, they were always together, as Kelly (708U) lived it's own life in the background, and I liked watching them. This feeling is over now, and I am almost unable to change it one other.

5:54 Get up!

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
asteria

Post by asteria »

vaino wrote:Mis saab Lennist - Will Lenni be brought back to the nest ?
That is where the problem is! :puzzled:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Swenja

Post by Swenja »

hello @ macko50,
I see something like that. One notices that Lenny is missing.
The young storks are 'fledge': clean up and eager to fly.

greeting :wave:
Freedom!
pziel

Post by pziel »

baska wrote:Welcome Silvie! :wave: Sois la bienvenue!

Like Lucy already said: this is a wonderful site. :loveshower:
The excellent cameras, the forums, the photographies and the detailed reports about the nature, where you can learn a lot. ...

That's good to hear, Lucy, thank you for showing. It seems, as if the parents know that they neglected their kids....

Last Wednesday I visited some BS nests in central Poland. Out of six nests of different pairs one nest was with one nestling, one with two nestlings, in one nest there were remains of two dead nestlings (+ 1 unhatched egg) predated by Pine Marten and three nests were empty, although occupied in the spring.
So we are very lucky that the Estonian nest is occupied this year and at least two nestlings grow without any problems. This is not a usual situation in other nests. This suggest that the pair is OK and the feeding conditions in the vicinity of the nest are so good that can support whole stork family.
Best wishes,
Piotr
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I even would say we are lucky to have been able to watch two years with nestlings growing up, last year 4 chicks left the nest! And from what Urmas was writing about this nest, the years before the camera was placed were not always successful!
After all, Lenny is still there, even if not in the nest and we can be happy that Urmas and Dr. Madis were ready to look after him!
But I have to admit, I miss him/her too! Those three were really cute with each other!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I also miss Lenny, I hope he is ok :unsure:

15:23 - Good to be cared for, Kelly is preening Tommy (I hope the names are right )

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Thunder in the stork's wood! :shock:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:01 - A dark and wet afternoon..
18:08 - the moulting gives results, the plumage is getting more and more black..
jannie

Post by jannie »

the hole afternoon storm and rain and lightning,it was dark and the storks standing, maybe affraid from the weather.
What is normal the temperatur in Estland this month,and is it always much raining in Juli?, here in Holland it is now 24 gr celsius and sunny weather.
How is Lenny, who know it and when go the storks flying away out of the nest, and stay the storks in winter in Estland or in a warm country.
jannie
macko50

Post by macko50 »

15:41 Feeding

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

jannie wrote:the hole afternoon storm and rain and lightning,it was dark and the storks standing, maybe affraid from the weather.
What is normal the temperatur in Estland this month,and is it always much raining in Juli?, here in Holland it is now 24 gr celsius and sunny weather.
How is Lenny, who know it and when go the storks flying away out of the nest, and stay the storks in winter in Estland or in a warm country.
jannie
:hi: Jannie, I think the weather is 'unusal' in many parts of Europe this summer.
In France just now its 30° b ut we have thunderstorms almost everyday a lot of rain too.
We have no news of Lenny exept what you read in these pages. The time for fledging is nearer now but they do not migrate for a few weeks more.
The storks from Estonia migrate to Africa.
We can follow those who carry sat/tracking devices on the migration map every year.

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en
Happy to see you here,enjoy all the nests. Go to Board index to follow all the others. :wave:
There is always a lot of news on the 'Front Page'

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/13843
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The Eagle Club ( Kotkaklubi) is active always in protection of eagles,storks and recently cranes also.
We can read all about their activities here;

http://www.kotkas.ee/eagle-club

Support for these dedicated volunteers is always appreciated. :2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Weathermap for the region of the Black Storks nests here:

http://www.weather.ee/haapsalu/?linn=haapsalu
Emily Dickinson

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”