Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
TiiaV

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by TiiaV »

The rain was so hard that at the bottom of the nest still some water left. One of storks noticed the reflections on the water. Watching long time and wants another one to watch too :rolleyes:
macko50

Post by macko50 »

19:25 Rainy day

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
jannie

Post by jannie »

Here in Arnhem was a little white stork, born on may 17, it was a very little young stork.
June 26 it cannot eat because it could not open the beak to eat who sat closed by clay and mud.
We from the forum called the fire department and they have the young taken from the nest nd brought it to the storks reception, i don,t no if this name is good.
Now the young is verry good but it can no longer return to the nest and have to stay there till he can fly and maybe it go to africa wit the other storks.
I hope i write this message good , my english is not so good, i do my best
jannie
baska

Post by baska »

Hello everybody :wave:

Hello macdoum and jannie :hi:
Once, I found a good weatherradar-map of scandinavia. There you can see, from where the rain ist coming and how long it might stay.

http://www.balticseanow.info/en/Home/ex ... r.html.stx

As far as I know the BS-nest must be exactly in this region:
Image click!
Matsalu-Nationalpark, near Palivere

Or does anybody have other informations???
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
baska

Post by baska »

jannie wrote:Here in Arnhem was a little white stork, born on may 17, it was a very little young stork.
June 26 it cannot eat because it could not open the beak to eat who sat closed by clay and mud.
jannie
Hello jannie :wave:
I followed this incident precisely!!! After curing it, they wanted to join it with other young storks.

Your english is ok!
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Starling

Post by Starling »

jannie wrote:Here in Arnhem was a little white stork, born on may 17, it was a very little young stork.
We from the forum called the fire department and they have the young taken from the nest nd brought it to the storks reception, i don,t no if this name is good.
Now the young is verry good but it can no longer return to the nest and have to stay there till he can fly and maybe it go to africa wit the other storks.
I hope i write this message good , my english is not so good, i do my best
jannie
Hi Jannie, :hi: thank you for sharing the story of the white stork in Arnheim. I´m very glad to hear the stork is better now and was helped by people. This gives some hope... Hopefully Lenny will also recover. :chick:
jannie

Post by jannie »

Baska
Thanks for the weatherradar, the nest is in the middel of the rain, it is over now i think.
nice evening
jannie
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

macdoum wrote:Weathermap for the region of the Black Storks nests here:

http://www.weather.ee/haapsalu/?linn=haapsalu
Weather in the region of this nest..
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Manu

Post by Manu »

Ohhh, this poor storklets, so bad weather and so much rain :cry: .
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

I have seen eagles and ospreys peck at the nestbowl to release the water there.
So far Tiilt nor Tiina came to try. Are stork' beaks strong enough to do that :puzzled:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macko50

Post by macko50 »

July 8

Good morning Everybody! :wave:

5:21 Feeding - Tiit (not too much :( )

I think Tiit brought the first fish it could catch.

5:21 Feeding (slow motion)

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
macko50

Post by macko50 »

10:04 Feeding - almost nothing :(

10:04 Feeding (slow motion)

George
macko50

Post by macko50 »

12:00 Feeding - Tiina (lots of fish)

12:00 Feeding (slow motion)

George
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

12:59 Another supply of fish by Tiit 8-)

jannie

Post by jannie »

In what part of Estonia broading black storks exactly, i see many trees is that no problem if they going to fly for the first time.
Is this environment also many trees or also flat parts and water can they found enough food if they have to search after a while self.
Breeding many black storks in Estonia?, in Holland we heve them no more, only sometime when they go or come back from africa.
I hope one day they come back here for breeding.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Jannie - from last year's ringing we know the nest is near Palivere in Läänema, I think the map Baska posted a bit further up shows it quite okay. Black Storks, unlike their white brothers, make their nest only in woods, old woods with high old trees, with water to fish nearby. That's what makes it difficult for them to find a suitable place, in modern forestry, monoculture of fast growing trees prevails. That's bad for them and also many other birds and animals needing a different kind of environment.
In the meantime I have learnt, Estonia is on the eastern limit of their distribution and Urmas writes, that they have a problem lacking females. Maybe they find it too strenuous to fly all the long way to Estonia and stay at other suitable places on the way?
The other day I read statistics for my home state of Bavaria, and the ministry was pleased to announce that counting breeding pairs last year they found that (I translate)
With 105 pairs in Bavaria we have exactly 100 pairs more than during the breeding bird mapping of the years 1979-1983
It lets me hope that numbers in other areas will also grow, especially with successful breeding.
A letter by German "stork man" Carsten Rohde about this year's ringing of Black Storks in Germany you find here: viewtopic.php?p=150447#p150447 (German original: viewtopic.php?p=150447#p150447)
The article that was posted about last year's ringing you find here (Liis translated it for us): viewtopic.php?p=112856#p112856 (German: viewtopic.php?p=114576#p114576)
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
jannie

Post by jannie »

Felis silvestris wrote:Jannie - from last year's ringing we know the nest is near Palivere in Läänema, I think the map Baska posted a bit further up shows it quite okay. Black Storks, unlike their white brothers, make their nest only in woods, old woods with high old trees, with water to fish nearby. That's what makes it difficult for them to find a suitable place, in modern forestry, monoculture of fast growing trees prevails. That's bad for them and also many other birds and animals needing a different kind of environment.
In the meantime I have learnt, Estonia is on the eastern limit of their distribution and Urmas writes, that they have a problem lacking females. Maybe they find it too strenuous to fly all the long way to Estonia and stay at other suitable places on the way?
The other day I read statistics for my home state of Bavaria, and the ministry was pleased to announce that counting breeding pairs last year they found that (I translate) It lets me hope that numbers in other areas will also grow, especially with successful breeding.
A letter by German "stork man" Carsten Rohde about this year's ringing of Black Storks in Germany you find here: viewtopic.php?p=150447#p150447 (German original: viewtopic.php?p=150447#p150447)
The article that was posted about last year's ringing you find here (Liis translated it for us): viewtopic.php?p=112856#p112856 (German: viewtopic.php?p=114576#p114576)
feli
Thank you for the information, it is clear and very interesting to read about the balck storks
jannie
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

The sun is shining at Tommy and Kelly this afternoon, much nicer than yesterday :thumbs:
18:12
18:18
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:58 - Tiit ( I think) with food:
macko50

Post by macko50 »

17:35 Feeding - Tiina
18:56 Feeding - Tiit

17:35 Fish

18:56 Frogs

George

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”