Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
baska

Re: Black Stork Webcam Discussion ~ Tiit & Tiina~ 2012

Post by baska »

Hello everybody :wave:

Oh, what a pity! I missed the storklets leaving... :cry:
Like I told you, I'm changing my flat and in my new flat has to be renovated a lot. So, the preceding weeks I was busy with doing that. And as I only possess a PC (no laptop or notebook), I couldn't follow the news in this forum.
When did they leave? Did they leave both at once?
Does anybody know details about it???

To Dr. Madis Leivit: thank you to all your effort to save "Lenny". I think, that your decision was the best solution for everybody! (even though it was a very sad fact...)
All the best for you and the whole team in your Wildlife Hospital.
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I don't remember the date now, but the two storklets came and went, spent the nights outside and came back during day and one day they did not come back. So we guess they have left and they have left together. Tiina was seen at the nest a couple of times before also leaving.

NB: article http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/14290 says on August 9 they were seen last time!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
baska

Post by baska »

Felis silvestris wrote:I don't remember the date now, but the two storklets came and went, spent the nights outside and came back during day and one day they did not come back. So we guess they have left and they have left together. Tiina was seen at the nest a couple of times before also leaving.

NB: article http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/14290 says on August 9 they were seen last time!
Thank you, Felis. :D
I was just looking the last minutes of Tommy and Kelly.
Each year again I have a sad feeling.... sniff

I wish them (and Tiit and Tiina) a good flight and a good time, wherever they will be!
May be, if Carsten Rohde will go to Israel again this year, he might see them......

I want to thank everybody of the team of Looduskalender, who made it possible to watch the Black storks!
:loveshower:
And I also want to thank macko for his perpetual, daily videos and "thanks" to all the others, who have postet reports, pictures and videos. I enjoyed it very much.

"Bye" to everybody until next season, may be we will meet each other during the winter in another forum of Looduskalender..... :wave:
greetings from Baska

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings are controlling and dominating the nature, before they have learned to control themselves.
Albert Schweitzer
Swenja

Post by Swenja »

Hello,
I want to thank you for the many interesting time with the black stork and Dr. Madis thanks for the help for Lenny.

All the best to you all. :wave:

:peek: Goodbye
Freedom!
chicktrick

Post by chicktrick »

Hello I have watched the storks when I had time. Thanks to everyone for the updates and thanks to Dr. Madis and Urmas for helping Lenny. It must have been a terrible struggle to try to save him.
RIP Lenny. Be at peace now. Watch over your siblings well.
Wishing them a safe journey and return. :loveshower:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

As we have now reached "Empty Nest " time this topic will be closed and archived this evening. We can keep it open a little longer, today, for anyone who wants to post one more time!
Bea

Post by Bea »

Oh, you really want to close this topic already now??? I´m still waiting for a tree martin to come ..... :laugh:

When I look back to this season the first feeling is bittersweet - of course because we lost one storklet :cry:
Thanks again to Dr. Madis Leivits, for all his efforts to help.

But on the other side I´m happy that Tiina and Tiit found their way back to this nest - for another breeding season. They rose their children well, were excellent parents, brought food for them as much as they could and both storklets looked well fed, fine and prepared for their journey through life.

I´m looking forward already now to the next season, when we sit here again - glued to our screens and waiting for the first stork to come :gathering:

Wind under your wings!
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Can you still open the cam? I tried a few times, VLC brings an error. Though Pontu is still working!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Bea

Post by Bea »

No, couldn´t the hole day today - I thought it´s low power supply ....
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

We have no information about a definite date. The camera did not have any problems with power supply in this year, Urmas and his people found the right spot for the solar panels, so I thought it is the end of the nest season and camera for this year!
Well, we all wait for next year, in the meantime we hope that maybe one of "our" youngsters will fly to Israel and gets into the camera view of Carsten Rohde, who will be there again.

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Please join us for nest talk in the new "Empty Nesters" topic in the social area - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”