Estonian Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam 2011 ~ Eha & Koit

Jo UK
Site Admin

Estonian Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam 2011 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by Jo UK »

http://tv.eenet.ee/konnakotkas

Here again is the Estonian Lesser Spotted Eagle webcam. Information about it can be seen at
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/9915.

The forest-based part of this system is solar-powered.

Let's hope we see another successful breeding season with the adult pair, Koit and Eha.
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:puzzled:
:wave:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

What a surprize!
I was not able to watch today and probaly first visit of Koit(?) is captured by Fireblade.
Nest was early refreshed by Buzzard, if we installed camera in forest nearly a week ago, but no eagles were visible around.

Transmission is a bit bad, but we try to realise, why it is bad - by eye seems all right.

Wish to watchers successful nesting in this nest!
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: :headroll: :shake: Whee! My favorites! :D
Kitty KCMO
oliv

Post by oliv »

:peek: Happy days are here again :hi:
jopie

Post by jopie »

Good morning all! I'm happy to see this camera is on again :loveshower:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: How wonderful, the Latvian LSE cam is online again as reported by Jo UK. Yippeee!! :headroll:

mms://video1.lanet.lv/ligzda

A light breeze makes the spruce(?) branches sway. Lovely bird songs.

Kitty KCMO
oliv

Post by oliv »

But we need a pair of them :slap: :whistling:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I can hear an LSE calling from the forest somewhere. I hope it comes soon, as I have to log off in a bit & go to bed. It is after 3:00 AM for me. :laugh:
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty: was that your first video? congratulations! :thumbs:

there's something silly with my settings: i can't open the cam from the link Jo has posted up there on the top of the page. (it opens a window for saving a file for some reason)

in case someone has the same difficulty i'll add below the mms-address which works for me:
mms://tv.eenet.ee/konnakotkas

it's so funny to have the WTE camera and the LSE camera open at the same time: both have the same bird songs! :headroll:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Ame, I think those are two different LSE cams, one in Estonia and the other one in Latvia.
Are you opening the cams with Windows media player? Maybe you try to exchange the mms with http? I had those problems as well in work, where I can't use the VLC player, but it works with the http-address for me.

This is the konnakotkas nest, yesterday afternoon

and this is the ligzda nest just a few moments back
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Rionn

Post by Rionn »

:wave: Good morning. It was a surprise yesterday to see the cam was open. I made a picture too, but was not able to post it before. Here it is.
16 april 15.38

Can somebody tell me if this nest is near the eagles nest? Is it in the same wood? As Ame wrote: both have the same bird songs.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

We are trying to decide whether to have just this one topic for all (how many?) LSE webcams, or to make one topic - one webcam. Arguments for and against each choice - eagle experts in Estonia and elsewhere want to find the the quickest way to read through all the information. Most have had a full working day, and want to read about LSEs in the evening. One topic for all LSE webcams would be best for them.
Separate topics for each webcam makes it easier to collect information for the summary/overview of a nesting season.

We want to serve the interests of the expert community, and give our members the chance to enjoy and learn.
If you have any suggestions, please post them! Or send PM, as you choose.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Not quite sure that having all posts on all LSE nests in one single topic would make for so much quicker reading. Every now and then it will take time to sort out which post goes with what camera.

Unless we are discplined enough to start each post with a nest ID ...

For myself, I might possibly like to see the subgroup headings at once below the main title. But that makes for a very long initial page.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I think we are gradually working our way to a compromise system!

We have two groups of people to consider.
A. - The "Read it all in the Evening" group of eagle people who are not necessarily forum members.

B. Forum members, who want to use the forum in the familiar way.

I think we can keep both groups happy by having a daily summary of events and pictures (if available) of ALL LSE nests - and our usual forum topics on the pattern we know: one webcam = one topic. As there is no immediate urgency to start new topics this evening, there is still time for members to give their opinions. The summary topic will probably be locked to prevent accidental posts and unnec essary (to experts) posts.

On the webcam topics we shall, no doubt, continue in our usual sociable habits :gathering:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liis wrote:Not quite sure that having all posts on all LSE nests in one single topic would make for so much quicker reading. Every now and then it will take time to sort out which post goes with what camera.

Unless we are discplined enough to start each post with a nest ID ...

For myself, I might possibly like to see the subgroup headings at once below the main title. But that makes for a very long initial page.
Liis, thank you very much for giving your opinion.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Good morning! :wave:

The Latvian nest this morning. Nest repair.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:D
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

Jo UK wrote:I think we are gradually working our way to a compromise system!

We have two groups of people to consider.
A. - The "Read it all in the Evening" group of eagle people who are not necessarily forum members.

B. Forum members, who want to use the forum in the familiar way.

I think we can keep both groups happy by having a daily summary of events and pictures (if available) of ALL LSE nests - and our usual forum topics on the pattern we know: one webcam = one topic. As there is no immediate urgency to start new topics this evening, there is still time for members to give their opinions. The summary topic will probably be locked to prevent accidental posts and unnec essary (to experts) posts.

On the webcam topics we shall, no doubt, continue in our usual sociable habits :gathering:
i prefer the one "web-cam = one topic"-system, because i think it's better organized that way and it'll be easier to make a summary of the events afterwards. i don't think it would take less or more time to read through pages of one topic with all posts of one day or the same posts divided under more than one topic. it's the same amount of text and pictures anyway but it will be less confusion. :innocent:

thank you for the pictures and videos! pretty long-legged eagles! :loveshower:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

A topic for the Latvian webcam is started at
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=285

I will copy Kitty's pics and video there. (and leave them here, too)

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”