Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Bubo

Re: Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011.

Post by Bubo »

Bubo Bubo
ame

Post by ame »

bubo that's beautiful! :loveshower:
i think it could be a goshawk. maybe vainamoinen would come and see.. :help:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Musical chairs - nest, as Urmas would call it :puzzled:

It looks like a hawk!

Edit:
And wow, Pontu pictures are there as well! Great, at least those will be there to collect! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Hello, Great pictures Bubo :thumbs:
Could it be a Honey Buzzard? My bird guide says that the Honey Buzzard have longer tail than other buzzards, and that the front colours can vary from dark brown to white with dark spots. I think the bird on Bubos picture has a long tail... Didn`t we hear Honey Buzzards here last season?
- just a proposal... :unsure: ( Vainamoinen, please help us )
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Also possible, I can't find a proper picture showing the whole bird from front :puzzled:

But I'm downloading Pontupictures from yesterday! :shake:

Edit: Wikipedia says that honey buzzards arrive earliest by end April, mostly by beginning of May in Central Europe - so for Estonia further in the North it would be too early now, I think! But didn't we have one like that at the eagle feeding place?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

asteria

Post by asteria »

Three years ago(picture from Caysa):

Is it the same kind of birds?
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I found it - thanks to Ame who did the great work of collecting the best pictures:

viewtopic.php?p=130760#p130760

Renno wrote it is a juvenile Goshawk. What do you think?

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Asteria, I think this is a different bird, much darker, what about this:

http://www.brodowski-fotografie.de/beob ... sebussard5

a buzzard?

ame

Post by ame »

i think that the buzzard has a dark breast with horizontal stripes. this bird had a light breast with dark longish spots. buzzard has a collar accross the breast, like a moon crecsent with the tips upwards. all the underparts of today's bird were lighter coloured than a buzzard though a buzzard has white underpants like we saw on the winter eagle ground :D .
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Ame, I think the bird that was there today is the same kind as we saw at the feeding place on March 2, the picture Asteria posted, taken by Caysa two years ago, is of a buzzard. There are darker and lighter varieties, I read. I don't think those two birds are of the same kind. :puzzled:

Yesterday's Pontu pictures show the shoe prints of the person installing the camera :mrgreen:

ame

Post by ame »

i agree Felis: today a goshawk here and in the feeding ground on March 2nd. in the picture by caysa found by Asteria it's a buzzard.

which Pontu picture? at what time? Urmas' boots?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

ame wrote:
which Pontu picture? at what time? Urmas' boots?
Yesterday afternoon :mrgreen: Pontu started recording at 14:20 and when the light falls properly, one can see the prints. Don't know if it is Urmas', it looks like sneakers! :unsure:

When the upload is finished, I post one here!

Funny, we are identifying birds and foot prints :rotf:

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I have seen some pictures, and the bird can be a young Goshawk...(very exciting though :nod: )
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Somehow this forum seems to be a bit :faint: today! It just threw me out, told me, after logging in again, that I can't post here :shock:
I hope I am still allowed to post here :puzzled:
Just wanted to leave the address of the Pontu upload from yesterday, the new ones will follow as Photobucket allows (they also have their issues!) either on the same day or next, or if I am very busy as soon as possible:
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l63 ... April%204/

ame

Post by ame »

Felis silvestris wrote:Yesterday afternoon :mrgreen: Pontu started recording at 14:20 and when the light falls properly, one can see the prints. Don't know if it is Urmas', it looks like sneakers! ...
Funny, we are identifying birds and foot prints :rotf:
the Cinderella problem: do these boots match those footprints? :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

now that i can compare those two i think the answer is no.
but i don't think i have Renno's or Joosep's boots anywhere... 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

darn, wrong forum... Tiina landed on nest # 2. :blush:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Felis silvestris wrote: Yesterday afternoon :mrgreen: Pontu started recording at 14:20 and when the light falls properly, one can see the prints. Don't know if it is Urmas', it looks like sneakers! :puzzled:

We need the C.S.I... :help:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Camera is off, but pontu still takes pictures: http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2012-04-06/ ... -09-40.jpg
Bubo Bubo
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

There is a new topic for 2012 discussions, so I will lock this one.
viewtopic.php?p=134033#p134033

I have put a few of members' posts from this topic on the new topic but if you would like to repeat your posts and pictures for 2012, they would be very welcome.
Thanks.
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

There is a bird on the nest! I will post pics later

Edit:
Here:

Bubo Bubo

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”