Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Lussi05

Re: Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011.

Post by Lussi05 »

Tuuli 19:44 - 20:40

Good night :loveshower: :offtobed:
Image :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The first one is a very nice one, Lussi, the light gives her such a nice golden touch! :thumbs:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Often people think they are moles -- they look like moles but I always wonder how LSEs would be able to catch them with any regularity. Water voles are also an option although I think they have a reasonable tail -- but maybe sometimes we miss seeing it. And there are a number of varieties of voles, but many of them would look a little lighter I think.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote:The first one is a very nice one, Lussi, the light gives her such a nice golden touch! :thumbs:
thank you :wave: I agree, she is beautiful in the afternoon light :loveshower: ( like she always is of course :headroll: )
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

alice44 wrote:Often people think they are moles -- they look like moles but I always wonder how LSEs would be able to catch them with any regularity. Water voles are also an option although I think they have a reasonable tail -- but maybe sometimes we miss seeing it. And there are a number of varieties of voles, but many of them would look a little lighter I think.
My first thought was also mole, the color and the missing tail, but I also thought, how? Moles don't come so regularly to the open. But I also checked the voles and most of them sport a tail or are lighter in color.
Then again, only the other day I read somewhere, that buzzards hunt mice by being able to following a trace of urine they seem to leave, maybe moles also leave some kind of hint where they are? But like beans, I am not so familiar with the mammals of Estonia, maybe there is a special dark kind of hamster? A lemming?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Felis silvestris wrote:And off topic: I just saw that it's bociany's birthday today!
Thank you, Felis silvestris, and Mutikluti, for the birthday greetings :wave: I was so surprised to see that ("how did they know??" but then I remembered to look a the front page :peek: )

~~~~~~~
I also saw the posts from people wondering about whether a second LSE chick would survive - we sure hoped so in 2009, and when s/he did not, we had a bit of discussion about it in the Bird Behaviour topic: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118

There are some good references mentioned in the first few posts there - you might find them interesting, It is better to be prepared, I think. Many of us stopped watching for a while during that time, and one person let us know when it was safe to come back.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Friday 6 May

Eagle is in the nest and is calling.

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

lovely picture,, Alice ... will he come?

added:
Several minutes later, she is still calling. The scene looks the same, but the light is changing very quickly.

estonia_LSE- Padis nest_5-5-2011 11.55.56 PM_10 by aurospio, on Flickr
alice44

Post by alice44 »

:wave:
I meant to say Happy Birthday

And a lot of her calling is just a sweet little trill plus. Sometimes it seems she is responding to something she hears, but I am not sure.
beans

Post by beans »

Dear Bo, Happy Birthday!! Hope you went out to dinner and had at least one glass of wine. :thumbs:
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Now she really looks like a golden eagle

It seems like she has been listening more than calling.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

May 6 , 08:00 - 08:30

Good morning :wave:
Tuuli had her morning bath:

She is calling, I guess she hope Remo will come with her breakfast, have a nice day :hi:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

It seems like we are missing food deliveries or, there have not been as many. Tuuli does not seem especially hungry or cross, but...

Also recently we have seen the first mammals delivered, which suggests that there has been a change (drying?) in the environment.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Tuuli just left the nest.
It always surprises me, that they never cover the eggs. They must be feeling very safe there!

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

She's back! Quietly sneaked in, but is now calling again!

alice44

Post by alice44 »

My cam had stopped :bash:

Do you think she got any food?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have not seen, but I also have missed her coming back to the nest, when I got that she's back, she had already settled down again.

alice44

Post by alice44 »

:offtobed:

Tomorrow I will try to log on earlier to see if we are missing some early morning food deliveries.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:wave: Good night!

Tomorrow is Saturday, one day I definitely will sleep a little longer, since I hope that they won't work on our roof. Sunday is mother's day here and I fear I'll have to get up for breakfast (I don't like crumbs in my bed and it's uncomfortable) :unsure:

jopie

Post by jopie »

Remo brought a frog, which Tuuli eats at the nest.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”