Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Wil Muller

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Wil Muller »

Felis silvestris wrote:I have collected the various names of the LSE for the data base: viewtopic.php?p=124566#p124566

I think either the "screaming" or also the "spots" (like the "spotted" eagle) is in a lot of the names, but I don't understand all of them. Maybe we have some people here who know more?
I don't know exactly what you mean. But we call them in the Netherlands "schreeuwarend" and in your country "schreiadler" what have the same meaning. In English they called "lesser spotted eagle" and when we translate that in our own language we have a totally different name. Is this what you ask? BTW I have the whole collection Grzimek in my possesion and lots of other animal encyclopedie and books. Grzimek has so many information so if you want a translation (Latin, Dutch, Deutsch :puzzled: , English and French) of a bird or animal, you can always ask me.
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Starling

Post by Starling »

Maxie, you need to change the url address to see another picture. You can choose the day and time... Look at the addresses:
This pic is from 18th July 16.28 pm http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2012-07-18/ ... -16-28.jpg
This pic is from 15th June 14.15 pm http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2012-06-15/ ... -14-15.jpg

Also remember to mention Looduskalender in you FB page.
This is from welcome and introduction of LK forum:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17
A word about RULES
COPYRIGHT

All images from the Looduskalender webcams are free to use, providing they are not used for commercial or business profit. You may put your screenshot or video on a commercial photo-hosting website, such as Photobucket, ImageShack, Flickr, Pic-Upload, etc. If you post an image or video to websites or forums other than this one, you must include a link to the original Looduskalender webpage or camera from which the image was taken.
Susie

Post by Susie »

None of them both been in the nest again since yesterday?
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
Starling

Post by Starling »

No, not that we know.

Btw, I just noticed, here in LK forum: "Most users ever online was 201 on August 6th, 2012, 12:34 pm", about the same time when Stephi was announced dead.
kln

Post by kln »

:chick: :dunno: OH how I miss Stephi-she and her mom were so wonderful together,Tulli was a terrific Eagle mom. You could tell they had a very special relationship. All you had to do was watch and you could see it-there was love there-some people dont like to put human emotions with animals,but I believe animals very much do have many of the same emotions as we do. Anyway,just had to post again how bad I feel. I am,in the states,and I am amazed now how many people have been drawn to this site mostly because of Stephi-so many people here on the chat sites(in the U.S.),were talking about her and this amazeing nest-thanks to Stephi we will be back to these sites with their beautiful cameras. Thankyou to all who made this site possible-you are very appreciated!! :loveshower:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

kln wrote::chick: :dunno: OH how I miss Stephi-she and her mom were so wonderful together,Tulli was a terrific Eagle mom. You could tell they had a very special relationship. All you had to do was watch and you could see it-there was love there-some people dont like to put human emotions with animals,but I believe animals very much do have many of the same emotions as we do. Anyway,just had to post again how bad I feel. I am,in the states,and I am amazed now how many people have been drawn to this site mostly because of Stephi-so many people here on the chat sites(in the U.S.),were talking about her and this amazeing nest-thanks to Stephi we will be back to these sites with their beautiful cameras. Thankyou to all who made this site possible-you are very appreciated!! :loveshower:
U are so very right as i would be here watching her and when mom would come home,u would hear her cherping. if u are on facebook there is a page for her. its called Stephi Memories and more. I love her and miss her sooo.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Susie wrote:None of them both been in the nest again since yesterday?
No. From the behavour of Remo when he brought that frog(he was silent, while a year ago he did call Tormi when wasn't in the nest) and Tuuli(ate the frog, sat on the branch and not in the nest) it is clear they already knew what happened. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Wil Muller wrote: I don't know exactly what you mean. But we call them in the Netherlands "schreeuwarend" and in your country "schreiadler" what have the same meaning. In English they called "lesser spotted eagle" and when we translate that in our own language we have a totally different name. Is this what you ask? BTW I have the whole collection Grzimek in my possesion and lots of other animal encyclopedie and books. Grzimek has so many information so if you want a translation (Latin, Dutch, Deutsch :puzzled: , English and French) of a bird or animal, you can always ask me.
Wil - I do understand the Dutch meaning, and quite a few of the others. What I tried to point out - I have collected a whole list of the names the Lesser Spotted Eagle (Aquila pomarina) is known by - for the database. I only don't know what e.g. this could mean პატარა მყივანი არწივი - except that it is the Georgian name for LSE!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Felis silvestris wrote: Wil - I do understand the Dutch meaning, and quite a few of the others. What I tried to point out - I have collected a whole list of the names the Lesser Spotted Eagle (Aquila pomarina) is known by - for the database. I only don't know what e.g. this could mean პატარა მყივანი არწივი - except that it is the Georgian name for LSE!

With help of Google translator I found that it could mean "kleine gefleckte Adler" :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Sounds fitting! There would me more of that kind ... :innocent: But I guess, ultimately all mean the same!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

J. B. Maberry

Post by J. B. Maberry »

Felis silvestris wrote:No use to come back, I think animals know such things better than we human beings! Time to get ready for the long journey!
I just hope that we have the luck to see Tuuli and Remo again next year! I really have taken them to my heart by now!
I agree, that although they may not really know just what happened to Stephi, they are aware that she's no longer there. At this point, they merely begin to move forward with their own lives. I also hope to see them return next season
lukris

Post by lukris »

Starling wrote:No, not that we know.

Btw, I just noticed, here in LK forum: "Most users ever online was 201 on August 6th, 2012, 12:34 pm", about the same time when Stephi was announced dead.
Hi, I was watching the cameras of the birds of prey from "distance" and I registered here in forum just to ask about Stephis breathing problems, but she got better, so I did not post anything. As I was hoping she will grow strong and soon become independent adult, I was in a big shock to find out she has been killed. :shock: That was a very, very sad Monday, so I could not stay away and I had to post my regrets of what had happened :cry:
Dum spiro, spero
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

I really miss Stephi. She had such spirit and was so entertaining to watch and I loved the relationship between her and her mother. I happened to be watching both attacks and I was so happy that she prevailed against the Goshawk on the first attack. I feel so bad for everyone, including myself, at the outcome of the second attack. I just wish... Part of me fears that if Tuuli and Remo come back next year that the Northern Goshawk will have a long memory and will be waiting and watching. I empathize with the people that really disliked this particular hawk.
asteria

Post by asteria »

I also want to see them back here but I decided for myself: if next spring the goshawk appears here at least one time I won't watch this cam.
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Hello to everyone. its been a very long day. and when i went to the cam to see if mom had come,it was off. does anyone know if Tuuli or Remo has put the branch on the nest yet to see if they will come back to this nest next year... I love them too and i am sure they do not understand what happend to their baby.. Good night to all and i will see u all in the moring'/evening. GOD be with us all :gathering:
tweed

Post by tweed »

Maxie4Paws wrote: Hello to everyone. its been a very long day. and when i went to the cam to see if mom had come,it was off. does anyone know if Tuuli or Remo has put the branch on the nest yet to see if they will come back to this nest next year... I love them too and i am sure they do not understand what happend to their baby.. Good night to all and i will see u all in the moring'/evening. GOD be with us all :gathering:
the camera was on earlier but I have just been there and the camera is once again off. I just need to keep going back to that empty nest "if only." i too was hoping to see the branch in the nest you all are talking about maybe we will still get to see one.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I don't think they came to the nest today! And, if one comes with that branch, it may be later, maybe even end of August. It was Aug. 22 last year, that we saw one LSE on the nest, though I don't know if he brought a branch or not! But there is no guarantee that it will happen, or that we will actually see it!

asteria

Post by asteria »

No, it's too early for a branch, they used to do it just before the migration.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=201&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=720
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I realy hope that the cam will be back on in the moring as it is staying that it's off. i hope that it will be up again in the moring.
everyone have a good evening/moring. will chat tomorrow. :gathering:
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

I still wonder if it was Tuuli's cries that I heard below the nest about 30 minutes after Stephi fell. I'm wondering if Stephi even cried out at all once on the ground. I wish that I could get the exact minutes after she fell until the cries were heard. So very sad to even talk about it...I wish so bad that it hadn't happened.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”