Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Starling

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Starling »

Amsel67 wrote: Interesting!
In German we call them "Schreiadler" which would mean (Schrei = scream-) in English: "screaming eagles"
Same here in Finnish! "Scream eagle". :) Kiljukotka (kiljua = scream, kotka = eagle)
asteria

Post by asteria »

Some disgusting sounds are heard near the nest like those sounds from "The Langoliers", the sound of crashing paper or plastic bags. Somebody is flying around but unseen.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
tweed

Post by tweed »

Maxie4Paws wrote:thank u all for all your help. i read here somewhere that these Eagle go south soon to migrait. can u tell me how i can found out about this type of Eagle? I feel in love with her and they when i hear on Harmon's chat in Minn. in the U.S. of Stephi and of her breathing, that is when she cought my heart. I read also that these type of Eagles do not stay with one mate as the one's here in the U.S> they do untill one dies will they go to another mate.Will they come back to this nest on the next eagle season? and when does that start in this country?
thank u again.
The fledged eagle is dependent on it's parents for another 3-4 weeks and is provided with food until it leaves for migration. Normally, the young eagle leaves the breeding area before it's parents and on it's own [Mebs & Schmid
tweed

Post by tweed »

tweed wrote: The fledged eagle is dependent on it's parents for another 3-4 weeks and is provided with food until it leaves for migration. Normally, the young eagle leaves the breeding area before it's parents and on it's own [Mebs & Schmid
http://www.europeanraptors.org/raptors/ ... eagle.html
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

Amsel67 wrote: if Remo didnt mate with Tuuli before Mr. Blond, yes I guess so.
I read the topic from the beginning, and I also thought that Mr Blond could be the father... :nod: a single egg, not visible mating with Remo, as if Mr. Blonde was already an hybrid ... :slap:
asteria

Post by asteria »

I am reading about Spot injury and saving:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=3820
Spot is a female and her weight was only 1,54 kg when they placed her in Nigula shelter in September. Can it be that Stephi was a boy, not a girl?
Bea

Post by Bea »

asteria wrote:Spot is a female ....
Where do you know this from?
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

Maxie4Paws wrote:Did anyone get a pic of Tuuli at the nest last night or any of yesterday. I would love to have one of her. thank u.

it's the last one I have of both, early in the morning on August 4th and not very good :wave:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Bea wrote: Where do you know this from?
It was known from her DNA test.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

asteria wrote:Some disgusting sounds are heard near the nest like those sounds from "The Langoliers", the sound of crashing paper or plastic bags. Somebody is flying around but unseen.
What are The Langoliers?
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Chimega wrote: What are The Langoliers?
It was a fantastic movie based on Stephen King novel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112040/
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

asteria wrote: It was a fantastic movie based on Stephen King novel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112040/
Oh, haha. I thought you were talking about some birds in the woods. :laugh: :blush:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Starling wrote: :hi: I think Kotkaklubi doesn´t have a paypal account yet.

"Eestimaa Looduse Fund" have paypal account, it´s the place where the black stork Lenny is being treated and where the the remains of Stephi has been taken.
http://www.metsloom.ee/en/help-wild-animals
Thank you very much!!! I'll be donating there this week! :wave:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

thank u for your help of the migration and of the breed of Eagle that she was. i have worked on a photo's of her and i am not sure how i can add them to the form if there is away,please let me know as i would love to share them with all that loved her. thank u.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Estonian name for LSE "konnakotka" means in English "frog eagle" (konn= frog, kotka=eagle). I guess that´s why it has got that name.

Interesting!
In German we call them "Schreiadler" which would mean (Schrei = scream-) in English: "screaming eagles"

Same here in Finnish! "Scream eagle". :) Kiljukotka (kiljua = scream, kotka = eagle)
In the Netherlands we call them "Schreeuwarend", (schreeuw = scream and arend =eagle)
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

If you scroll down the forums page a bit, there are two data bases. One on White tailed eagles (The Haliaeetus Albicilla Collection), the other on Lesser Spotted Eagles (and their cousins Greater Spotted Eagles and Indian Spotted Eagles) - The Aquila Pomarina Collection! You'll find many interesting bits and pieces in both data bases! :wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bea

Post by Bea »

Maxie4Paws wrote:thank u for your help of the migration and of the breed of Eagle that she was. i have worked on a photo's of her and i am not sure how i can add them to the form if there is away,please let me know as i would love to share them with all that loved her. thank u.
You will need a photohost like photobucket or imageshack or so ...

How to insert to the forum - there is an extra thread how to do this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I have read on FaceBook that it was not the fall that killed her,but the hawk. when that person found her, was it the fall that killed her... I have some pic. that i'have done and i would love to share with everyone here,but i do NOT know how to post them can someone help me out of how to post a pic. on here.. thank u.
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Maxie4Paws wrote:I have read on FaceBook that it was not the fall that killed her,but the hawk. when that person found her, was it the fall that killed her... I have some pic. that i'have done and i would love to share with everyone here,but i do NOT know how to post them can someone help me out of how to post a pic. on here.. thank u.
:hi: Maxie,
First upload picture to the hosting site ( http://picturepush.com/upa ). Click 'Browse', found the picture you want to upload and then click 'Upload!'. Now you uploaded picture to the site. In the bottom of page you will find 'direct link'. Copy it and paste here in the forum between these: [img][/ img] .

I hope you understand and we will see your picture here :)
Bubo Bubo
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Bubo wrote: :hi: Maxie,
First upload picture to the hosting site ( http://picturepush.com/upa ). Click 'Browse', found the picture you want to upload and then click 'Upload!'. Now you uploaded picture to the site. In the bottom of page you will find 'direct link'. Copy it and paste here in the forum between these: [img][/ img] .

I hope you understand and we will see your picture here :)
thank u for your help. i did try it and it said that they are to big.
but they are from here of the one's that i got off the pages.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”