Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Maxie4Paws

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I have come to love her in a very short time. and i know that alot of u here have been with her from the start. If there is anyone on FaceBook there is a page that was made 4 her.. its called Stephi Memories and more. Go there like and share anything u want about her pic. feelsing anything as there are alot that loved her. and its still so very hard without her.
can someone tell me if the cam will still stay on as i do go to it eachday to just see if mom or dad wil be home.and wil they come back to in when its Eagle Season again. Thank u .
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The cam will surely stay on for a while. One thing, Stephi would have needed a few more days until flying away. Another thing is, the cams are used at other sites or go for repair or replacement. But for that Urmas and the people from KK have to first go out and collect them. I think last year it was October by the time it went offline. Still we have watched and noted the things going on, the growing of nettles, the visits of other birds, even a marten ... If you care, you can just take a look through last year's topic and also see what a beautiful brother or sister grew up there last year!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

birdheart wrote: In Hungarian we call them "Békászó sas" meaning "békászó = hunting for frog" , and "sas = eagle"
In Latvia this species is simply "mazais ērglis" - Little eagle". Not very origional.
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Felis silvestris wrote:The cam will surely stay on for a while. One thing, Stephi would have needed a few more days until flying away. Another thing is, the cams are used at other sites or go for repair or replacement. But for that Urmas and the people from KK have to first go out and collect them. I think last year it was October by the time it went offline. Still we have watched and noted the things going on, the growing of nettles, the visits of other birds, even a marten ... If you care, you can just take a look through last year's topic and also see what a beautiful brother or sister grew up there last year!
thank u i will go and look thr it all . thank u so very much for your help.
Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

It seems, Tuuli wont come back to the nest tonight ?!
Das Gras wächst nicht schneller, wenn man daran zieht
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have collected the various names of the LSE for the data base: viewtopic.php?p=124566#p124566

I think either the "screaming" or also the "spots" (like the "spotted" eagle) is in a lot of the names, but I don't understand all of them. Maybe we have some people here who know more?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Amsel67 wrote:It seems, Tuuli wont come back to the nest tonight ?!
I have opened the cam after I came back home from work, but then closed it again. It's a bit painful right now. But I think animals have quite a good instinct, Remo did not come back, most probably Tuuli won't as well. So sad to see the nest empty prematurely!

Sylvie Lefevre

Post by Sylvie Lefevre »

I would like to know -if you know- what is the name in latin : aquila pomarina or aquila clanga
because on the books they looks very close each other except that aquila clanga is called in french "aigle criard " that means
eagle screaming
Birds are the link between human beings and God
Starling

Post by Starling »

Aquila pomarina.
Aquila clanga is probably greater spotted eagle.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Aquila pomarina is the Lesser Spotted Eagle, "our" eagles here, Aquila clanga is the Greater Spotted Eagle. The Lesser Spotted Eagle is Aigle pomarin in French!

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

A lot of facts about both eagles, their hybrids and their Indian cousin Aquila hastata you can find in the data base here:
viewforum.php?f=53

By the way, today I added an interview with Urmas from KK in French language Nancy found: viewtopic.php?p=162259#p162259

Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

Aquila Pomarina means= Eagle (there are real eagles = Aquila) from Pomarin (area of when Germany was still with a king, nowadays part of Poland and Russia) = Pommern-Adler ! (for those who understand a bit German)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Amsel, may I ask which book you read on raptors? I have bought several in the last few days and weeks, so I am always interested in hearing about interesting ones.

@Maxie - for posting pictures you may want to have a look into our technical threads viewforum.php?f=3. If you still have problems or can't find the solution to your problem, send PM to me or one of the other Admins.

Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

Felis silvestris wrote:Amsel, may I ask which book you read on raptors? I have bought several in the last few days and weeks, so I am always interested in hearing about interesting ones.
Sure! I have the book
Kosmos Naturführer
Mebs - Schmidt
"Die Greifvögel" Europas, Nordafrikas und Vorderasiens

has about 500 pages, with wonderful pictures.

The cover page shows a Lesser spotted eagle, an osprey, a vulture, European Sea-Eagle and a falcon
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have that on my "wish list" - most probably I will gift this myself for Christmas, it's too expensive to buy "just like that". Manu and I have discussed books on raptors recently here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=300 and shifted to Picnic grounds later. From here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=300 onwards.

Sylvie Lefevre

Post by Sylvie Lefevre »

Felis silvestris wrote:A lot of facts about both eagles, their hybrids and their Indian cousin Aquila hastata you can find in the data base here:
viewforum.php?f=53

By the way, today I added an interview with Urmas from KK in French language Nancy found: viewtopic.php?p=162259#p162259
thanks so much very interesting and because urmas is talking about "mixity" between pomarina and clanga with some eagles who "mate" together
i hope you understand
Birds are the link between human beings and God
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, the "hybrids". When I started the data base, Urmas wrote to me and asked me, if I plan to include the Greater Spotted Eagles and their hybrids, and I said yes, because they belong there somehow, as do the Indian ones. For a long time they were thought a subspecies, now they are one of their own. I think Urmas and his colleagues do a lot of research about the GSE and hybrids.

lukris

Post by lukris »

Felis silvestris wrote: I have opened the cam after I came back home from work, but then closed it again. It's a bit painful right now. But I think animals have quite a good instinct, Remo did not come back, most probably Tuuli won't as well. So sad to see the nest empty prematurely!
The nest was empty, when i last looked at it.
Dum spiro, spero
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No use to come back, I think animals know such things better than we human beings! Time to get ready for the long journey!
I just hope that we have the luck to see Tuuli and Remo again next year! I really have taken them to my heart by now!

asteria

Post by asteria »

If Tuuli and Remo are going to use the nest next year, they will appear here at least one more time and put a fur-tree branch on the nest before their migration. That will be a clear sign of their return next year, Urmas wrote about it.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”