Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Maxie4Paws

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Bea wrote: Nobody knows for sure. Maybe they come back again, bring some more twigs or cleaning up the nest or just sit on it for a bit preening feathers.
That could be possible until around end of august. I don´t know if they will migrate earlier, as there is no young one to teach hunting and feed it ....
Morning/Afternoon, this is my first year in watching them. does the cam stay on all year even after they are gone? I love all the pictures that was of the other day when they both was at the nest.. thank you for your time and of all that you know of them. Is there any pictures of them of last year that i could see... thank you.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Maxie4Paws wrote:Morning/Afternoon, this is my first year in watching them. does the cam stay on all year even after they are gone? I love all the pictures that was of the other day when they both was at the nest.. thank you for your time and of all that you know of them. Is there any pictures of them of last year that i could see... thank you.
:wave: viewforum.php?f=25 Here are all LSE webcam topics, also from last year. There should be pictures too!

This is last year´s topic of Tuuli & Remo & their chick Tormi: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=287 (first there is black stork, but then Tuuli and Remo occupies the nest!)
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Starlin g wrote: :wave: viewforum.php?f=25 Here are all LSE webcam topics, also from last year. There should be pictures too!

This is last year´s topic of Tuuli & Remo & their chick Tormi: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=287 (first there is black stork, but then Tuuli and Remo occupies the nest!)
Thank you for your help in this of seeing picture's of year 2011..
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

The cam doesn,t work. stream not found?
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

It was great to see Remo and Tuuli! But I'm not that happy that it looks as though they plan on coming back unless they will stay near the nest...always. I never want to see that Goshawk near the nest again and they have long memories when it comes to their prey.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Dadel wrote:The cam doesn,t work. stream not found?
Now it´s working again. (It´s on and off.... :bash: )
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

Pretty day on the nest, the sun is shining brightly, miss you sweet Stephi

Crystal
asteria

Post by asteria »

MarshaMay wrote:It was great to see Remo and Tuuli! But I'm not that happy that it looks as though they plan on coming back unless they will stay near the nest...always. I never want to see that Goshawk near the nest again and they have long memories when it comes to their prey.
In her next life Stephi becomes a Golden Eagle and of course meets that Goshawk. Then it will know how to kill eaglets!

She will be back for you, Goshawk!
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
kaychan

Post by kaychan »

Golden eagle is a really strong and beautiful eagle.
In Asia, China . There is a news, someone believe that eating golden's child can cure his sick.
so he hot one, and ate.

But the golden eagle mother always remember the man who catch his child.
And during two year, the golden eagle mother alway find the man and attack he!

GoodJob! Golden Eagle!

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/mobile/rne ... d/20120815
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

:dunno: [color Afternoon. is there a place that i can find a map of the way that they will be going to migrait? i would love to see just who far they will be flying. the nest has been so quiet. I miss them and i miss Stephi. :offtobed: =#0040FF][/color]
asteria

Post by asteria »

Migration map is here

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en

But none of cam LSE is tagged and we can't know when and where they migrate. you can follow only the ways of other LSE with transmiters. Also it is not known if Remo is a pure LSE or a hybrid one with GSE, in that case his way may be different.
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

There were Cranes who fly over. Beautyful. :loveshower:
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
maertha

Post by maertha »

Maxie4Paws wrote:Is there any pictures of them of last year that i could see... thank you.
Hi Maxie, here is another source.

A brief summary of the last season…

…and here a playlist: Tuuli, Remo & Tormi 2011
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... F27455C79E

:wave:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

asteria wrote:Migration map is here

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en

But none of cam LSE is tagged and we can't know when and where they migrate. you can follow only the ways of other LSE with transmiters. Also it is not known if Remo is a pure LSE or a hybrid one with GSE, in that case his way may be different.
thank you for the map that you sent to me of the migration. thank you. i saved it.. :D
Angi

Post by Angi »

asteria wrote: In her next life Stephi becomes a Golden Eagle and of course meets that Goshawk. Then it will know how to kill eaglets!
Life is no Disneyland. Nature is no Disneyland. I'm appalled by such statements. Image

My last post. There are too many people here suffering from "Bambi-Syndrome". Bye :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Angi, I hope that was not your last post.

This forum needs people who are grounded in reality. That is the only way to help the "Bambi syndrome" sufferers! :D
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

asteria wrote: In her next life Stephi becomes a Golden Eagle and of course meets that Goshawk. Then it will know how to kill eaglets!

I like that! Thank you. :)
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Jo UK wrote:Angi, I hope that was not your last post.

This forum needs people who are grounded in reality. That is the only way to help the "Bambi syndrome" sufferers! :D
I agree with you Jo. It is normal to be sad for Stephi but it is the law of Life and Nature. Webcams birds are not films like on TV but a reality.
Good day !
Yoko
Maxiesma

Post by Maxiesma »

I am sad about Stephi, but I also know it is nature. We have lost a lot of birds that we know of this year, one from Decorah, one egg and one eaglet from Santa Catalina, three eaglets in Colorado, one in Minnesota, one in White Rock, I know of a few white storks in various nests and many more I am sure I have forgotten, it has been a tough year on birds every where. It is the way it is and wishing bad on the 'evil bird' is not the way to get through the grief. We all have to remember we are only knowing these things because of the cameras. These things would happen even if we didn't have the honor of invading these animals lives.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Maxiesma wrote:I am sad about Stephi, but I also know it is nature. We have lost a lot of birds that we know of this year, one from Decorah, one egg and one eaglet from Santa Catalina, three eaglets in Colorado, one in Minnesota, one in White Rock, I know of a few white storks in various nests and many more I am sure I have forgotten, it has been a tough year on birds every where. It is the way it is and wishing bad on the 'evil bird' is not the way to get through the grief. We all have to remember we are only knowing these things because of the cameras. These things would happen even if we didn't have the honor of invading these animals lives.
There was not a single year when chicks weren't lost in webcam nests(eggs I don't even count) but this loss is most tragic for all who watched Stephi from the day she hatched. Especially because there was a little chance for her to survive(if she was taken from the nest during her illness and placed in Dr. Madis clinic). But nobody knew that before...

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”