Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Manu

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Manu »

ame wrote:Lussi :hi:
i think it is definately a good thing that Stephi is not passive and eats with great appetite! :nod:
I think also.
In the time I've watched the nest today, Stephi was not passive and ate.

Maxie4Paws: Welcome here :hi: . We hope all the best for Little Phi...
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

I just saw Stephi on cam,she seems so much brighter today though her breating is still difficult.
These cams are here for observation of the breeding activities of LSE's,we are just lucky that the cam is available worldwide.The cams help researchers understand all that helps the survival rate of these small eagles (up until now,its very low).
We will have to learn to observe without flinching when something goes wrong.
I know webcammers who switch off when accidents,or illness appears. One has to be strong in heart to see nature at its worst and its best is what we always hope for. :2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
asteria

Post by asteria »

This nest knew even more terrible things happened here. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stephi now seems a bit better than yeaterday but maybe it only seems.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Bea

Post by Bea »

Now, at 19:30, Stephi is resting and I can`t hear nearly no weird sound while breathing, sometimes a little squeak .....

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping she will get better from day to day!
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

I think Stephi seems much better only from earlier this afternoon. When she was lying in the nest I could see her breathing, but without the "snore" sound, and not quite as heavy. I really hope it is not only imagination...

19:47 - wing stretch..
19:48 - go away from the edge please...
19:56 - sleeping, without a sound...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Tuuli just came and brought a frog, Stephi took it and protected it. After a while Tuuli went around, tried to take it back, and they played the game take it, take it back a couple of times. Tuuli is feeding now and Phi is trying to snatch the frog in between, (s)he is hungry! :thumbs:

Imagegif maker

Imagegif maker
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

20:13 - Tuuli arrived to the nest, with a frog..
20:16 - Phi tried to eat it, but Tuuli wanted to help her.. :rolleyes:

I hardly dare to say this, but Stephi seems much better this evening...at least that's what i think.. :unsure:
katsik

Post by katsik »

So good to see how she is eating :D Yesterday evening she was apathetic and tired, today she looks better :2thumbsup: Keep going little Stephi!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Still some noise to be heard but much less. I like Alice's description of "out of tune bagpipes"
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

This side of the nest bowl is better!

Imagegif maker

Imagegif maker
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Now she had to go again, and she was once again a little unstable. Did she do something? It did not look like it..

Great gifs Felis :wave:
Starling

Post by Starling »

I wonder if she´s got some digestion problems? A few minutes ago she went to the edge "to loo", but I didn´t see anything to come out. Instead she tumbled there and almost fell out from the nest. Did anyone see? :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No I did not see anything coming out, but sometimes it's going too fast!

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Starling wrote:I wonder if she´s got some digestion problems? A few minutes ago she went to the edge "to loo", but I didn´t see anything to come out. Instead she tumbled there and almost fall out from the nest. Did anyone see? :puzzled:
Sometimes she is a little unstable when she "have to go", but so is Kalev in the other Estonian nest sometimes, so I don't know if that is something to worry about...I did not see anything come out last time :unsure:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Now again, but it was "out of view"

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lussi05 wrote: Sometimes she is a little unstable when he "have to go", but so is Kalev in the other Estonian nest sometimes, so I don't know if that is something to worry about... :unsure:
I worry less about being unstable, it will still take some time until they are steady, it's just a few days they can stand on two feet at all! They just should not become to unsteady too close to the rim! :unsure:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

A really weird noise! :unsure:

katsik

Post by katsik »

Oh dear, it sounds like a baby who feels pain. Poor Stephi :cry:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Yes, it's really a strange sound...
bunniem1

Post by bunniem1 »

Hi...this is my first time posting--hope I'm doing it correctly.

I have been watching this chick and am concerned over what seems to me to be a respiratory problem. Stephi eats well and doesn't seem to have digestive problems; what goes in must come out! 8-)

Is there a vet panel who have observed this problem?

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”