Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Starling

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Starling »

Maxie4Paws wrote: thank u for your help. i did try it and it said that they are to big.
but they are from here of the one's that i got off the pages.
Try http://tinypic.com/, I think it might do some resizing... :puzzled: (Not sure... Just guessing because it´s called tinypic. :D)
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Maxie4Paws wrote: thank u for your help. i did try it and it said that they are to big.
but they are from here of the one's that i got off the pages.
With http://ImageShack.us you can choose the size of the pictures to upload. They have a size special for messageboards. Perhaps your hosting site have this choice also.
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

Hello everyone,

The tributes to Stephi that are posted here are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your memories and thoughts. A new day dawns, the nest is empty, but the sun shines on a nest where Stephi should be. I pray for her parents, that they will move on and know that Stephi is in heaven flying free.

I will continue to come here and will never ever forget sweet Stephi or this nest.

Hugs to all,
Crystal from the US
Starling

Post by Starling »

Here is the last screen shot I took of Stephi. Monday morning 5.38 AM. She was sleeping and every now and then she woke up and called Remo to bring her breakfast. I miss her so much... :(
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Bubo wrote: :hi: Maxie,
First upload picture to the hosting site ( http://picturepush.com/upa ). Click 'Browse', found the picture you want to upload and then click 'Upload!'. Now you uploaded picture to the site. In the bottom of page you will find 'direct link'. Copy it and paste here in the forum between these: [img][/ img] .
I thank u. i keep trying and it says that the pic that i am trying to upload is to large. I do not know how to make it smaller..

I hope you understand and we will see your picture here :)
lasgo

Post by lasgo »

i feel so sad, and well angry too when i see that empty nest there now.. :slap: :unsure:
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Maxie4Paws wrote:
I thank u. i keep trying and it says that the pic that i am trying to upload is to large. I do not know how to make it smaller..
Sorry, but I don't know how to make your picture smaller... Maybe you can try other picture uploading site :puzzled:
Bubo Bubo
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Will Tuuli and Remo come back to this nest to raise they next year's babies,or do they use another nest? Does this cam stay on all year round? meaning even when its not in use. as this is my first time here and i do NOT want to miss anything. Thank u.
Leila

Post by Leila »

My last screen shot of Stephi.Monday morning 7.53.

Starling

Post by Starling »

Maxie :hi:

Nobody can know for sure, but...
Amsel67 wrote: A special book about raptors says that LSE usually mate for life, and are very linked to their territory.

As Remo and Tuuli already had a baby in the same nest last year, and also this year, it is quite obvious, they will come back to this nest next year.

A LSE couple in North-East Germany bred for about 10 years without stops - same partners,same nest.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Somebody wanted to let his light shine on the nest ....

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Maxie4Paws wrote:Will Tuuli and Remo come back to this nest to raise they next year's babies,or do they use another nest? Does this cam stay on all year round? meaning even when its not in use. as this is my first time here and i do NOT want to miss anything. Thank u.
Maxie, as we have different webcam sites at different seasons, we don't know where this camera will go next, or when. Some cameras are removed for maintenace or replacement. Some stay in place but are switched off. I think this one will stay in place for a little longer - as was originally intended, of course.
As soon as we have any news about things like this, we pass on the news to the forum as quickly as possible.
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

Bea that picture is absolutely beautiful and that's what I saw too, thank you for capturing the moment.

Hugs,
Crystal
aita

Post by aita »

Amsel67 wrote:I just noticed, that tomorrow it will be my 1st anniversary here. I watched the cam a bit earlier already. Strange anniversary :(

I wish and hope, Tuuli and Remo will come back next season :bounce:

PS: i believe that Remo wont come back this season. His job is done, no baby will call him for food this time. So he wont appear. I dont know how Tuuli will react next few days, until they will start their migration south. Wait and see
I think Tuuli and Remo will stay in Estonia 1 more month or less. They most recover from breeding season and make themselves in good condition for long migration trip to Africa.
I think Tuuli and Remo will do some nestwork for next season here (2010 they did and 2011 they did not), or they take the lesson and start to build new typical LSE nest in between branches on the middle of spruce tree.
We will see.

Last picture of them in 2010 forum page 37 Kitty KCMO 20 August and Lucy video too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=201&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=720

aita

Post by aita »

Last picture of them in 2011 forum
Remo 22 August alice44 picture
Tuuli 9 August ame picture
Page 476 ame 30 August LSE? but who?
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

As for yesterday; Sincere thanks to Jo,Mutikluti and Joosep for their prompt intervention.
It was painful for them to have to announce the bad news here. I understand and share their grief.
This is a time to hold hands and share the sadness.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

Bea wrote:Somebody wanted to let his light shine on the nest ....

[...
me too I saw that ray and I thought exactly the same..

goodbye my poor little thing :cry:
...goodnight poor little thing
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

...]
This is just sooooo pretty of of a pic. thank u for sharing it.. i saved it as i love it.
tweed

Post by tweed »

I saw this light from the sunand it made me think of our little angel Stephi shining her loving, bright light on her nest. It made me cry. of course since Stephi got killed I have been crying so much for the loss of her short life :cry:
birdheart

Post by birdheart »

Wil Muller wrote:
Estonian name for LSE "konnakotka" means in English "frog eagle" (konn= frog, kotka=eagle). I guess that´s why it has got that name.

Interesting!
In German we call them "Schreiadler" which would mean (Schrei = scream-) in English: "screaming eagles"

Same here in Finnish! "Scream eagle". :) Kiljukotka (kiljua = scream, kotka = eagle)

In the Netherlands we call them "Schreeuwarend", (schreeuw = scream and arend =eagle)
In Hungarian we call them "Békászó sas" meaning "békászó = hunting for frog" , and "sas = eagle"
Stephi Forever!
09.06.2012-06.08. 2012

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”