Amsel67 wrote:a Question, I missed last year:
Was Tormi a boy or a girl??
I don't think they have told us.

09:53 - Tuuli is home with Stephi:

alice44

Post by alice44 »

11:24

Tuuli just fed Stephi

and I see there is one or two preys in the nest.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive to hard breathing because of my recent experiences with my cat, but it worries me a bit that Phi is breathing quite visibly and hard. I have tried to watch now Kalev and Miks and though one can also see them breath, it's not as hard as Phi! :puzzled: :shock:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Starling

Post by Starling »

Felis silvestris wrote:Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive to hard breathing because of my recent experiences with my cat, but it worries me a bit that Phi is breathing quite visibly and hard. I have tried to watch now Kalev and Miks and though one can also see them breath, it's not as hard as Phi! :puzzled: :shock:
I actually wondered and worried the same thing last evening. I thought I heard her/his heavy breathing sounds through the camera. But then I thought that I´m only imagining or that she/he was exhausted after the ringing experience. :puzzled:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Stephi sometimes breathes with a weird sound, not all the time - but I think it could be time to spit a pellet ....
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Starling

Post by Starling »

Bea wrote:... but I think it could be time to spit a pellet ....
True, she/he has gobbled a few prays with one bite. :laugh:
cprice

Post by cprice »

So worried about Stephi. Breathing is labored and you can hear her struggling to breathe. Can anyone get to nest and help?
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I am new here. but i too have heard her breathing not ok at time's. is there help out there if she needs it?
Starling

Post by Starling »

cprice wrote:So worried about Stephi. Breathing is labored and you can hear her struggling to breathe. Can anyone get to nest and help?
Going to the nest and taking her out of there is the last option imo. Her parents could abandon the nest if she was taken to a vet clinic. And what kind of future would she have then.. :unsure:

I hope Stephi is allright and healthy. :2thumbsup: I´m always worrying too about these chicks. When you watch and follow them every day, they become almost like your "family members". :loveshower: Maybe there´s someone who could tell us more about what can cause this hard breathing? Perhaps it will go away? Some kind of a flu?
Starling

Post by Starling »

Maxie4Paws wrote:I am new here. but i too have heard her breathing not ok at time's. is there help out there if she needs it?
Welcome. :wave: I´m quite new here too.
I´m pretty sure if help is really needed at some point and something can be done they will go there. :innocent:
lasgo

Post by lasgo »

im new and worried too..have stephi eaten last when..and where the heck is the parents :shock:
Starling

Post by Starling »

lasgo wrote:im new and worried too..have stephi eaten last when..and where the heck is the parents :shock:
Welcome too. :wave:
Alice44 wrote that Stephi was fed 11.24. I have also seen that she can eat herself. Usually her mom comes "home" in the evening.
lasgo

Post by lasgo »

thanks! :wave: good that she can eat herself :2thumbsup: i guess the father is dead or something :unsure:
Starling

Post by Starling »

lasgo wrote:thanks! :wave: good that she can eat herself :2thumbsup: i guess the father is dead or something :unsure:
I think the father brings food to Stephi many times a day. But he probably won´t stay at the nest. (Somebody correct me if I´m wrong).
lasgo

Post by lasgo »

okei,hopefully that sympathetic chick will survive :unsure:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Tuuli is off and Stephi breaths so hard. :cry:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Starling

Post by Starling »

I´ve been hoping the hard breathing would go away. But the more I listen the more worried I become. :cry:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

19:50 - Stephi is home alone, and she breathes loud and hard, as if she is asthmatic or something. I am worried too :unsure:
Anyone who know something about this?
If i remember correctly, Tuuli was acting the same way last year. Tormi was often alone too..

20:05 - Tuuli came back, she brought a twig:
lasgo

Post by lasgo »

feel good to see that mommy is there at last :loveshower: yes that breathing sounds weard,but stephi seems to be still quite cheery :puzzled:
katsik

Post by katsik »

I think this is not normal breathing... and Stephi did not want nothing to eat also when Tuuli came back. Seems that she feels very badly :cry:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”