Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Bea

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012

Post by Bea »

I wonder when we will see some action at the tooni-nest :shake:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

LSE in the nest today, she is beautiful :loveshower: Great pictures, thank you Grieta and Bea :wave:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Tooni Nest-- So. . . the biggest nest of all, the old black stork nest, Tuuli & Remo have not arrived, yet. The other LSE pair is in their nest, the black storks are in their nest, & buzzards are in the old Kotkas white-tailed eagle nest. This pair had better show up soon. . . they will be starting late.

Nice morning birdsong.

Kitty KCMO
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The action was in this nest :mrgreen:

But I checked, last year Tooni went online much later (18th?) and the first LSE showed up on 20. or 21. so, still time, don't worry!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Oh, and a warning to all using VLC. A new version is out (2.0.1 and also 2.0.2) - in both versions the "snapshot" function is not working. It took me almost 2 hours yesterday to get my PC back into working order, including a system reset! Apparently they work on it and if you use "png" for the snapshots, it's in 2.0.1 working, about 2 I don't know, they don't say anything because actually it was supposed to be repaired in 2!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I'm curious, Bubo, how do you take pictures from JWplayer?
And the others? I am still at loss how to do it in future, especially here at work. I have only a tool (add on to Firefox) to make snapshots, but it's taking ages to make it! I need something fast and easy, without telling what and where and when and how and slowing my PC here (which is in any case the grandfather of all PCs) and without having to install programs as this is not possible. VLC works from USB stick (portable), no story, but I can't install things here.
:cry: :help:

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Felis silvestris wrote:I'm curious, Bubo, how do you take pictures from JWplayer?
And the others? I am still at loss how to do it in future, especially here at work. I have only a tool (add on to Firefox) to make snapshots, but it's taking ages to make it! I need something fast and easy, without telling what and where and when and how and slowing my PC here (which is in any case the grandfather of all PCs) and without having to install programs as this is not possible. VLC works from USB stick (portable), no story, but I can't install things here.
:cry: :help:
Well, I'm using this program: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26&start=300
I learn how to work with it, and now it's very easy to take snapshots. But i don't know how long it will work for me, I think this program isn't free and now i'm using free trial. :unsure:
And my PC is old, too. It's already 10 years!
Bubo Bubo
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Is it the one Ame also wrote about and said she is not that content with it?

It's really a problem, I had hoped the new version of VLC maybe can do it, but I did not get around trying that because snapshots are essential! :slap:

:bash:

Edit: my PC (laptop) at home is still quite "young", two years this summer, works fine, but this thing here, it keeps on making noises as if it will lift off in a moment or two! :banghead:

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Felis silvestris wrote:Is it the one Ame also wrote about and said she is not that content with it?

It's really a problem, I had hoped the new version of VLC maybe can do it, but I did not get around trying that because snapshots are essential! :slap:

:bash:

Edit: my PC (laptop) at home is still quite "young", two years this summer, works fine, but this thing here, it keeps on making noises as if it will lift off in a moment or two! :banghead:
Probably the best solution would be that mms adress start working. Then really easier to take snapshots. :nod:
Bubo Bubo
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Fireblade? :puzzled:
Post was here, post is gone? Image

As far as I could find out yesterday, snapshot saving as "png" works, saving as "jpg" does not. If you convert png afterwards okay, but I rather have jpg right from the beginning, saves one step.

fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Felis silvestris wrote:snapshot saving as "png" works, saving as "jpg" does not.
That is true
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Tooni nest in action!!! Tuuli is here!!! :loveshower:

I will add lots of pics later! :loveshower:
Bubo Bubo
Bea

Post by Bea »

It is Tuuli - and she is calling to the sky for Remo :loveshower:

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Lots of pics coming - sorry if too much, I'm just very very happy :loveshower:
First picture i took - Tuuli on the branch

Bubo Bubo
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Bubo Bubo
Bea

Post by Bea »

She took off at 19:23 after she did a little bit nestwork --- and she bowed and shook her wings and feathers as if Remo was not far away and she expected him to land at the nest soon :loveshower:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

How wonderful! Now Remo has to arrive and the new season can start! :thumbs:

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Last three pictures, sorry if too much :blush: :

http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2012-04-12/ ... -19-19.jpg

19:27 I saw how she flew away
19:28 She is here again
Bubo Bubo
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good evening! :wave:

Tuuli is back! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Proud to be a member of SHoW
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Now I'm back to Screencast, better than nothing! I think I got the micro in order, if not, you'll get to hear me and my son talking and the TV and dinner ... :mrgreen:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”