Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Wil Muller

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Wil Muller »

Brzoskwiniowa wrote: Wil Muller

The music is a compilation of a few opuses but the main theme is taken from “Nimrod” by Edward Elgar – not by accident, because the piece tells about the life of a bird from his parents’ courtship and building the nest, through incubating, hatching, growing up, youth, getting to know the world, meeting his partner and setting up his own home.
It is happening on the edge of Amazonian jungle.
One day, when the chicks are already growing up, he comes back home with a pray and finds out the tree, they have built the nest, fallen down, the nest destroyed and his family dead because of the deforesting by humans. He flies over the jungle for a few hours remembering the most beautiful moments of his short life and… puts himself to death crashing of rocks…

It’s a very sad story, but a beautiful music and I invite you to listen all the concert, if you would have the possibility. Listening classical music is wonderful when we know the story and the genesis of the coming into being the opus :)
Thank you for the explanation. It's certainly a very sad story. Now I have to cry double. I thought so the music was a compilation because some partes sounds familiar and I will certainly search for the whole concert.
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
fraszka

Post by fraszka »

Brzoskwiniowa wrote:Welcome :)
My tribute for our Stephi :)

[youtube]?v=71qeLgBCkoQ[/youtube]
Thank you for that, it's really touching, I couldn't help from crying. Gee, all of you who say that's nothing unusual in the Stephi's fate are right - she could die of any sickness or be killed by any bird of prey even the next day after leaving the nest, but Stephi was special and that's why we feel so devastated.
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

Sinds the dead off Stephie it is so quite . I don,t hear any bird or sign of life. Only the wind and traffic.
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

Stephi, not a day passes, not an hour passes, that I don't think of you, sweet sweet eaglette. I so wish things were different. I'm going to light a candle for you as another darkness comes upon the nest again today. Praying for your loving parents and you, Stephi.

Crystal
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

:dunno: Since the death of Stephi, the woods are silent.The world that watched you miss you so very much. I love you Sweetie. There is a faceBook page made in with love. its called Stephi Memories and more.Its for anyone who needs to be there to share their love for you.I love you sweetie. I still go to your nest and the woods are just so silent.
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

Hi,

I just went to the candle site to light another candle for Stephi.
There are now 13,248 candles, from 153 countries buring brightly in her memory.

Please light a candle for sweet Stephi. Let's light the heavens up for her.

Rest in peace, sweet Stephi.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

Crystal
asteria

Post by asteria »

I lit the candle for her too.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

kitcatldy wrote:I just went to the candle site to light another candle for Stephi.
I went to the candle site, and I think the 13,248 candles are a count of all the candles that have been lit there - not just for Stephi but for lots of intentions.

Is there a link to the ones just for Stephi? I could not find it.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I found one from Russia, that must be for her http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=16621724, but to find them actually one needs the initials used for it. I have lit candles there for my father a couple of times. But Nancy is right 13,248 is the amount of candles burning altogether there, not only for Stephi!

I just see - there is a group "eagle" - maybe this is one from Stephi friends?
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=eagle
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

kitcatldy wrote:Hi,

I just went to the candle site to light another candle for Stephi.

Please light a candle for sweet Stephi. Let's light the heavens up for her.

Rest in peace, sweet Stephi.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

Crystal

Hello,
thank you for this site as i too lite a candle for her and i have sent it to friends on FaceBook and they did the same.
the page that i made is for her and anyone here that loves her... she is loved by somany people. please if you can,go there and just share.
the page is Stephi Memories and more. she is loved and alway's will be. thank you.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Felis, from what I can tell from the messages, that "eagle" group was started for "Mom Norfolk," the mother Bald Eagle at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens in Virgina (USA). She was killed a year or so ago (her nest was near an airport runway; she was on the runway and did not get out of the way of a landing airplane). here are other Bald Eagles mentioned there as well, so I do not think the group was started for Stephi.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

It was the only group I found which fitted "the description". Otherwise we would need to know the initials the people used for it. But I admit, I also did not find the one I lit for Blacky again. Forgot to note it down.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
lukris

Post by lukris »

fraszka wrote:
Very touching video, thank you! I do miss our brave little Stephie...
Dum spiro, spero
Elaine

Post by Elaine »

Beautiful video and tribute to Stephi, I also lit a candle I typed in Stephi as the group, I did not know what else to put my initials are eec
asteria

Post by asteria »

Felis silvestris wrote:I found one from Russia, that must be for her http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=16621724, but to find them actually one needs the initials used for it. I have lit candles there for my father a couple of times. But Nancy is right 13,248 is the amount of candles burning altogether there, not only for Stephi!

I just see - there is a group "eagle" - maybe this is one from Stephi friends?
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=eagle
I found one more candle for Stephi:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=16624369
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

I just lit a candle there for Stephi, too.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=16625510
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
asteria

Post by asteria »

How to create a new group there? I would like to settle the one called "Unfledged chicks" and also light the candles for all of them.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Boy, I have no idea how that site works. Maybe tomorrow I can check it out more and find out how to create groups on there. Time for me to go to bed in a few minutes and I am sooooo tired. :sleeping:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

This was easy and quick to find. Instructions on this page. http://my.gratefulness.org/m1888.aspx :wave:
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

:hi:
Thanks you for idea candle.
I created a group "stefi" with an f instead of ph because it takes only five letters.
If you want to complete, put the word 'stefi'.

For Stephi, the lesser spotted eagle chick, born in Estonia in spring 2012, and dead in August 2012, just before starting its Independent Living
Good day !
Yoko

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”