Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Felis silvestris »

:shock: I also just saw that scene at the nest rim :faint: I thought now Stephi is gone over board!
Katsik, thank you for sending the email, I am also very worried. It looks so different from Kalev and Miks! :cry:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

katsik wrote:She must start to eat.....fingers crossed
Yes, fingers crossed from me too...

21:56 - Phi is lying close up to mum, the "snoring" sound is coming and going..sometimes she is chirping too. I really hope she will be ok.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote::shock: I also just saw that scene at the nest rim :faint: I thought now Stephi is gone over board!
Katsik, thank you for sending the email, I am also very worried. It looks so different from Kalev and Miks! :cry:
Yes Felis, my heart almost stopped. She is a bit clumsy when she "is going" sometimes. She did the same yesterday, but not so close to the edge as tonight.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I don't like that rim at all, I think it's going straight down, on the other side there seem to be some branches at least.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

asteria

Post by asteria »

Is it necessary to call a vet too? It may be some bad cold or even pneumonia.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I watched and listened for a while. At first there was no special sound, but now there is some unusual noise associated with Stephi's breathing. There seems to be too much chest movement, too.
I wrote to Urmas about it.
I don't know what he can do.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Felis silvestris wrote::shock: I also just saw that scene at the nest rim :faint: I thought now Stephi is gone over board!
What happened at the nest rim? I didn't see that. Is Stephi unsteady on her (his) feet?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Not as steady on two legs as wanted, but I don't think because of being sick. After a poop she/he shook feathers and tumbled a bit, but thankfully not back as this was very close to the opposite rim. I have clicked, but this moment was too fast over. On the whole, Stephi is still standing and walking, but whenever I had a chance to click in, today sat in the nest, was not lying (maybe somebody else saw something different?) and the breathing definitely is laboured. During the last months, such a breathing was a sign for me that the next trip to the clinic was overdue!

You see how close Stephi was at the rim

But I'm also not sure what Urmas or Joosep could do, except for registering a new patient for Dr. Madis :puzzled: But maybe one of them would know if it is something serious? Tormi never had that, last year, and Spot, as far as I read in the old thread, also not.

asteria

Post by asteria »

Ms Little in 2008 was breathing hard for some time but then it stopped by itself.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Manu

Post by Manu »

Felis silvestris wrote:
You see how close Stephi was at the rim

:shock: :shock:

I had time until now to read all posts. Now, I am also concerned whether it goes well Stephi.
Thanks to contact Urmas.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

asteria wrote:Ms Little in 2008 was breathing hard for some time but then it stopped by itself.
Thank you, asteria. I know we have heard it before, and it cured itself. But I didn't know when or where it was!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Felis, thanks for the pic and the information. We do worry about our family members!

I have a cat-sitter ready for duty next week.
katsik

Post by katsik »

But this is not just a breathing problem. I think much bigger concern is that she did not eat all day. :puzzled:
Bea

Post by Bea »

katsik wrote:But this is not just a breathing problem. I think much bigger concern is that she did not eat all day. :puzzled:
I saw Stephi ripping on a vole this afternoon. And now when she was struggling at the nestrim she was there to poop - so when something goes out - something must have gone in before :rolleyes:

If not someone has watched all day long we cannot say that she hasn`t eaten all day ...
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I am sure Stephi ate.

There were several voles on the nest, which at this age is a bit odd, but they were large voles and Stephi did eat.

Stephi's breathing is a bit laboured like he has some kind of infection, but I am going to think Stephi will get better and grow out of it.
katsik

Post by katsik »

Thank you Bea :2thumbsup: So lets hope in the morning strong and healty Stephi is back!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

may I ask which link belongs here ( for VLC ? )
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Fleur wrote:may I ask which link belongs here ( for VLC ? )
I have only used the JWPlayer link
Bea

Post by Bea »

Fleur wrote:may I ask which link belongs here ( for VLC ? )
Fleur, it is

rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni

but I fear at the moment it doesn`t work - I couldn`t open it ... :puzzled:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

thank you Alice and Bea, I'll try tomorrow

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”