Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Homedi

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Homedi »

beerose wrote:I know I'm late with this, but here is a time-lapse I made of Stefi
I think, you had work very hard to create this video showing the short life of Stephi.
But you made it very good.
In 7 minutes I can view such awesome moments of the love and the life of Stephi, her mother and her dad.
Beautiful...

Horst
Pics, videos and live-cams at http://www.TheHomedi.de
Migration-map:
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=EN
Susie

Post by Susie »

Thank you for the video, beerose.
It's so nice to see them all again, but it still makes me sad to remind me to Stephi.
Whether I want to see them breeding here next year again? I don't know. As you say, I'm a little bit afraid too.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
Simann

Post by Simann »

Homedi wrote:Hello to all...
Some days before I wrote to you, that i´m programming at my homepage of TheHomedi
Now I am ready to show you the first pages:
If you want, go to http://www.TheHomedi.de
Sehr gute Idee Homedi.
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

My Eagle friend. I just love,love your home page and i saved it. i love the way that you did it. .I wish that i knew how to do that. thank you so very much for sharing this. :faint:
beerose

Post by beerose »

Thanks for the comments about the video. You're right, remembering Stefi is both happy and sad. Hard to know what to say about it. I do know one thing, despite "that is nature" phrases I will never like a Goshawk. They are beautiful, but too dangerous around other birds. They need a forest all their own.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

If you go to Birdmap and look at the bird list on the right, you can see three WTE. Click on the name Nimeta and this message pops up -

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en
There is a message on Birdmap, about Nimeta. They need help with the cost of the transmitter.
The links go to
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=509
TV report http://uudised.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=50305
Picture of WTE in sea
http://eestielu.delfi.ee/eesti/tallinn/ ... d=64837046
Link to clinic http://loomakliinik.emu.ee/en/

Signe

Post by Signe »

http://etv.err.ee/arhiiv.php?id=131765

Interesting part starts at 10.35. Maybe someone can translate this shortly to English?
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks for this link, Signe .
It would be nice if someone have time to translate.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Just to give fair notice - this topic will close on Wednesday 12th September. It will be locked so no more posts can be made but it will remain in Read-only format.

Anyone who wants to add pictures or videos after that, please send them, via PM or e-mail, to me and I will add them.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Please join us for nest talk in the new "Empty Nesters" topic in the social area - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Season ends ... and this year it is a bit sad because the eaglet we watched growing up did not manage to fly out into an independent eagle life! This is what nature is about and we have to accept the facts as they are! Stephi surely was not the only one not surviving the first few months! We will keep her in our hearts and hope next year a brother or sister of Stephi will grow up and leave this nest!

I'd like to thank everyone from Kotkaklubi for the camera(s) and their work with the eagles, ringing, taking care and a very special thanks goes to Joosep for going out immediately to help Stephi! To Urmas for the never ending work with the cameras, his answering all our questions and also for making me the big present to write the text for the LK main page for season end!

Tuuli and Remo - have a safe journey, come back next spring, we will be here to wait for you!

For those who feel a bit like parents whose children left the nest like we all do, Jo has made a place here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521
The name - A Place for Empty Nesters - is already telling the story! See you there and see you all here next spring!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

so it will be the end of season... when was the last time when the camera has been on? i haven't had time to even try it for a week or more... it's not opening now either.

in the mean time Bea has again demonstrated how quick her clicky-fingers are: thank you for the squirrel pictures! :thumbs:
it's surprising how seldom squirrels are captured in the live cameras because i don't think they are any rare animals in Estonia. actually it's not such a big surprise that they don't often come to predator's nests, but it's surprising that we don't see then on siga-cameras. i've seen one squirrel once...

Homedi's homepage is impressive: congratulations! :bow:
(i tried the Decorah live camera and all i got was a black screen. there were only sounds of some traffic and a dog barking... it took me some time to realize that there wasn't anything wrong with the camera: it's night there! :mrgreen:)

the WTE was really impressive on the news film. it was funny to see how he held his head feathers up (a sign of excitement or agitation in birds) and tail down tightly against his belly when Dr. Madis was holding him in his hands. (they said that it was a male, isaslind). the bird was clearly upset and a bit intimidated by the growd and the treatment he was receiving. funny how the reaction was the same as with cats or dogs in a distressing situation: tail down between the hindlegs.

thank you all people who have made it possible to have the privilege to enjoy this camera! :loveshower:
hopefully we'll meet again here next spring! :wave:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: 15:12 Little visitors on the nest. Can anyone tell me what for birds this are? :blush: - :2thumbsup: I want to thank everyone who made it possible to watch these nest and for all the info, pics and videos. It was sad that Stephi died but never the less it was a great experience. Hopefully we see Tuuli and Remo next year again on the nest. :loveshower: :wave:

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Wil Muller wrote::hi: 15:12 Little visitors on the nest. Can anyone tell me what for birds this are? :blush: - :2thumbsup: I want to thank everyone who made it possible to watch these nest and for all the info, pics and videos. It was sad that Stephi died but never the less it was a great experience. Hopefully we see Tuuli and Remo next year again on the nest. :loveshower: :wave:
It's rather interesting observation - a pair of Grey headed woodpeckers. It's protected species according to EU Birds Directive.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

@Vainamoinen: Thanks, never to old to learn :dunno:
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Starling

Post by Starling »

Wil and vainamoinen, thanks!

Never seen these woodpeckers before. Interesting! :thumbs:
Manu

Post by Manu »

@Wil Muller: Nice video of the woodpecker, I've never seen this kind of woodpecker.

I'm a little bit confused if I had to "say goodbye to this cam" :puzzled: .

Anyway: A big thank you to all who made it possible to see this cam and all the efforts of the eagle-club and members
It was so interesting to observe the behaviour of this LSE-family.
It was very sad what's happened with Stephi but we looking forward to next year and hope we see Remo and Tuuli again.
Bye and I hope we will see you all in next season :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The cam will stay on for a while, Urmas said until somebody has got the time to fetch it. But the thread will be closed and everyone missing the nests is welcome to the "Empty Nesters" viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521 here!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
aita

Post by aita »

this nest is surprising
pontu pictures 11 september 15-06 and 15-09

Thank you all
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

After 203 pages, it is time to close this topic for this season.
Thanks to all members who made it such a good topic.

The empty nest feeling can be shared with all of us at A Place for Empty Nesters
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521&start=140

If you want to contribute to Looduskalender, Kotkaklubi or Wildlife Veterinary Care in Estonia, please go to the About Us topic where you will find details.

viewforum.php?f=63

Goodbye, Tuuli and Remo, until next year. Have a good winter, then hurry back to us, please.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”