Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Starling

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by Starling »

Yep, Kalev looks fine. :thumbs: I guess there was food delivery (not sure - I´m watching too many nests at the same time :blush: )
18.57 from pontu cam:
Then I saw later other parent´s tail on the branch, on the right. They are watching over Kalev. :innocent:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

July 28

4:25 Kalev is alone in his(her?) nest.
tweed

Post by tweed »

NancyM wrote:July 28

4:25 Kalev is alone in his(her?) nest.
I was just typing those same words. I guess Eha did not come last night to be with him.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

I think there was a food delivery last night ...
July 27, 20:17 (from Pontu)

July 27, 20:20 Kalev appeared to eat the gray item near his feet.

and now, July 28, at 5:26, there is a crashing through the brush, and a loud, high-pitched call .... Kalev pays attention

LSE_EhaKoit_7-27-2012 10.26.54 PM_03 by aurospio, on Flickr
tweed

Post by tweed »

I see :wave: - Kalev behind the tree trunk I wonder if it's very hot today and he in looking to be in the shade.
tweed

Post by tweed »

NancyM wrote:I think there was a food delivery last night ...
July 27, 20:17 (from Pontu)

July 27, 20:20 Kalev appeared to eat the gray item near his feet.

QUESTION PLEASE: How many miles between Stephi and Klev's nest?

and now, July 28, at 5:26, there is a crashing through the brush, and a loud, high-pitched call .... Kalev pays attention

LSE_EhaKoit_7-27-2012 10.26.54 PM_03 by aurospio, on Flickr
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Tweed, I only know that both LSE nests must be in the same area, county or whatever you may call it, but not too close to each other, also judging by sometimes it's raining at one nest, but not at the other! The exact location will be not told, surely you understand Kotkaklubi does not want to have tourists paying a visit to Stephi or Kalev!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

It has been a quiet day for Kalev too. I have not seen any food delivery, or food when I have checked.

14:55 - A hot day..

16:36 - a stretch behind the trunk..
tweed

Post by tweed »

Felis silvestris wrote:Tweed, I only know that both LSE nests must be in the same area, county or whatever you may call it, but not too close to each other, also judging by sometimes it's raining at one nest, but not at the other! The exact location will be not told, surely you understand Kotkaklubi does not want to have tourists paying a visit to Stephi or Kalev!
Thank you Felis I do understand the reason I asked, it gets lighter so much faster at Kalev nest I have to wonder if that is because not so many trees over head. I too would not want tourists interfering with their nest and making them afraid. It did say they make their nests on the forest edge and I wonder if that is why I hear so much noise some times.
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Distance between "tooni" and "konnakotkas" nest is about 20 km (~13 miles). So probably these parents don't know the other camera nest. There are between also some territories of LSE.
Long journeys of nesting females are described by Dr. Meyburg also earlier around late stage of breeding. That came up with transmitters used and DNA analyses of collected feathers near the nests.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Article found here: viewtopic.php?p=133617#p133617

The light might be due to the situation of the nest, at Käsmu it is light much longer than inside the wood and at BS nest it's again different than here, or at the osprey nest.

Thanks Urmas, for the information about the distance! Theoretically Tuuli and Eha could visit each other ...
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:09 - Exercise..

a Woodpecker is near, Kalev is aware of it..
oliv

Post by oliv »

Isn´t it strange? Both Eha and Koit is gone all the day. I heard shot yesterday and after that i havn´t seen them . May the shoting scared them :puzzled:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:53 - Koit with food, a vole? :puzzled:
oliv

Post by oliv »

18.53. Thanks Koit :bow: A big nice vole..I think
A kiss for dad :wave:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Oliv, we have the same picture :hi:
It must have been a vole, because I can't see it in the nest so Kalev must have eaten it..

Edit:
19:04

Edit 2, 19:11 - Kalev did not eat it earlier, he is eating now.
tweed

Post by tweed »

Lussi05 wrote:Oliv, we have the same picture :hi:
It must have been a vole, because I can't see it in the nest so Kalev must have eaten it..

Edit:
19:04

Edit 2, 19:11 - Kalev did not eat it earlier, he is eating now.

Hi Has Eha been to see Kalev today? it's now getting to be dark and I still don't see her. She wasn't on the nest last night either I guess our Kalev is growing up now
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

tweed wrote: Hi Has Eha been to see Kalev today? it's now getting to be dark and I still don't see her. She wasn't on the nest last night either I guess our Kalev is growing up now
I didn't see Eha in the nest today, I only saw Koits 18:53 delivery.
But I only peeked in from time to time, so they may have been there without being seen.
Kalev in the evening..
21:52 - A little nap..
22:02 - Kalev was looking around, maybe someone he knows was near..
tweed

Post by tweed »

Urmas wrote:Distance between "tooni" and "konnakotkas" nest is about 20 km (~13 miles). So probably these parents don't know the other camera nest. There are between also some territories of LSE.
Long journeys of nesting females are described by Dr. Meyburg also earlier around late stage of breeding. That came up with transmitters used and DNA analyses of collected feathers near the nests.
thank you for the information .I started reading from the beginning # 1 same thing with Stephi's nest trying to find out as much as I can about both nests.
tweed

Post by tweed »

Urmas wrote:Distance between "tooni" and "konnakotkas" nest is about 20 km (~13 miles). So probably these parents don't know the other camera nest. There are between also some territories of LSE.
thank you for the information .I started reading from the beginning # 1 same thing with Stephi's nest trying to find out as much as I can about both nests.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”