Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Lussi05

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by Lussi05 »

beerose wrote:This is my first post, but I have been watching and reading. I made a time-lapse of Kelav.
Beerose, thank you for your beautiful summary of the nest life of Eha, Koit and Kalev. Welcome to the forum :wave:
beerose

Post by beerose »

Thank-you all for the kind comments about the time-lapse of Kelav. I'm happy you enjoyed it.
Starling

Post by Starling »

September 8

~10.17 LSE calls (near).

~17.22 LSE calls (far away).
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Maybe it is Kalev and Koit, training on hunting... :thumbs:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I miss then in the nest. I can't wait for the season to start again. I pray they all had a safe trip. I miss them. :offtobed:
Bea

Post by Bea »

September, 10th

LSE calls at 9:43 - not so far away :headroll:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

If you go to Birdmap and look at the bird list on the right, you can see three WTE. Click on the name Nimeta and this message pops up -

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en
There is a message on Birdmap, about Nimeta. They need help with the cost of the transmitter.
The links go to
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=509
TV report http://uudised.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=50305
Picture of WTE in sea
http://eestielu.delfi.ee/eesti/tallinn/ ... d=64837046
Link to clinic http://loomakliinik.emu.ee/en/

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Please join us for nest talk in the new "Empty Nesters" topic in the social area - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Second round of farewells - also to this nest a good-bye. Eha, Koit and Kalev, have a good trip, stay safe! It was a great time watching what is happening here and it was interesting to see the similarities and the differences in the behaviour! I have learnt a lot again this season and I do hope the nest will be used again next season! We will be here waiting!
Thanks also to everyone around here, for the pictures, films and observations, to Eagle Club people for maintaining everything "for us"! I hope Eha and Koit were able to send out a strong eaglet to the world and one day Kalev will return and have an own nest! See you all here next year, hopefully, and for the time being, at the "empty nests"! :wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bea

Post by Bea »

Right in time before this topic is closed :laugh:

13:06
Little nuthatch controlling the nest :nod:

LSE calls can be heard the whole day - sometimes nearer, sometimes a bit farer away :shake:
Starling

Post by Starling »

Bea wrote: LSE calls can be heard the whole day - sometimes nearer, sometimes a bit farer away :shake:
:hi: I´ve been listening to those LSE calls every day too. It would be great if we could see them too. :peek: But probably we won´t... until the next spring...
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: I understand this forum close this day. So I want to thank everyone (Looduskalender, Urmas, site adm, moderators etc.) who made this project possible and of course everyone who posted info, pics and videos. It was quite an experience for me. I hope we see Eha & Koit next year again on this nest. :loveshower: :wave: :wave:
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
aita

Post by aita »

GOODBYE!!! EHA, KOIT and KALEV

2012 Eha and Koit May 6
Kalev August 12
Bea

Post by Bea »

September, 12th

14:58
Fast, fast - before the topic is closed :whistling:

Nuthatch visited the nest again

Thank you for this nest - I liked it very much from the beginning on.
In spring I had already thought that no LSEs would nest here, after Eha and Koit were on the nest - and then away for several days, and all other LSE nests were "in business" already.

Kalev was the smallest one, sometimes he seemed to me like a little sleepyhead, he was so calm and quiet - but grew up to a wonderful brave young eaglet.

Looking forward to next season - full of hope that there will be nesting again :loveshower:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I do miss him os very much. I want to thank everyone that is out there that takes the pic. and does the videos and how brings the nest to us by the web.Thank you and can't wait to see the nest again in the sprind. :faint: :gathering:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Now it is time to say Thank you to all our members who have made this a really good topic, this year.

The empty nest feeling can be shared with all of us at A Place for Empty Nesters
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=521&start=140

If you want to contribute to Looduskalender, Kotkaklubi or Wildlife Veterinary Care in Estonia, please go to the About Us topic where you will find details.

viewforum.php?f=63

Eha and Koit, we are looking forward to meeting you again in 2013.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”