Ok, I understand. Thank you for your reply , Astéria
Good day !
Yoko
asteria

Post by asteria »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
wildflowers

Post by wildflowers »

This was always my favorite nest but when Stephi was killed I could not visit this nest for some months because I saw how sad Tuuli and Remo were. I recovered and began to check the nest frequently and would catch one or both visiting the nest. That made me happy because I had hope that it was still their home. Will they still migrate even though they did not have chicks this year? I hope the nest is not claimed by someone else this winter before they return....How will the nest get rid of the nettles? I would love to see Tuuli with another baby next spring ! :nod:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Hello Wildflowers! Tuuli and Remo will migrate, even if they had no nesting season this year (as far as we know). Lesser Spotted Eagles do not stay, they spend the winter in Africa. If we are lucky they decide to come back next year to this place again. The nettles, we can hope that Urmas or Joosep, whoever takes away and puts up the cam, will take the gardener's job next year and will clear the nest from them.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

asteria wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:
this day, this time...

I was not there, but I've read and seen...
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Here is a year died Stephi . :cry:
I hope that in 2014, Tulli and Remo back here.
Sad seeing the empty nest this season 2013
Good day !
Yoko
Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

also wonder, why Tuuli and Remo didnt do a brood here on the old nest. A new nest elsewhere? Hopefully the guys will find out and maybe can change the cam to the new place - just my wishes.

All I can do is wait with patience. See you all next season :)
Das Gras wächst nicht schneller, wenn man daran zieht
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It is not that unusual that LSE skip breeding one year and we have read in the beginning of the season

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/16636:
The breeding success of lesser spotted eagles is characterised by cyclic variations, which are generally associated with the abundance or scarcity of the main prey (rodents) in different years. The past year, 2012, was very successful for lesser spotted eagles – in nearly three-quarters of the nests a chick fledged. The average breeding success over the last 20 years has been 50%; in the worst year (2003) there was a chick only in every fifth nest. Forecasting is a thankless task but, studying the changes in breeding success up to now, it may be that the present year will not be easy for those birds of prey that feed on small rodents. In this case only the pairs using the best feeding territories will manage to succeed.
They arrived late at the nest due to the long winter and a "bad mouse year ahead" might have changed their mind. We have seen this before in 2010, Tuuli and Remo did not breed, and for the Eha and Koit nest I found also two years without breeding success (2008 and 2010).
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

ame

Post by ame »

The ESTLAT Eagles Cross borders project has closed.

For further information please see
viewtopic.php?p=280017#p280017
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The time has come to think about closing up this topic. I am not sure if I should be sad about not seeing Tuuli and Remo breeding here. Maybe it was for better after last year's tragedy.

I want to thank Urmas and Joosep for installing the cam and even try to get it back to life with new batteries. And everyone here in forum for sharing whatever little was to be seen of "our" eagles.

Tuuli and Remo, wind under your wings, a safe journey to Africa and come back next year!

The last photo I found in Pontu archive showing I think Tuuli

For those suffering from empty nest syndrome, we have added a cam showing Black Eagles - Aquila verreauxii - in South Africa, an African cousin of our LSE here. They have a very late brood of one hatched eaglet: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=611

Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks a lot for this last picture from Pontu archive, Felis.
Maybe Tuuli and Remo raised their chick successful nearby, who knows.
Even if we didn't see Tuuli and Remo breeding here in this nest, it was nice to see some glimpse of them every now and then.
I would like to say Thank you to Urmas and Joseph and all other persons who were involved to this project.
Maybe we will see some old and new friends next season again (here in the forum and in the nest :D ).
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

See you all again next year - and hopefully Tuuli and Remo too! :wave: Have a good winter!

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”