Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2014 ~ Tuuli and Remo

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2014 ~ Tuuli and Remo

Post by Felis silvestris »

I just see, the cam is working again. Thanks Urmas, for the tireless work!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
scylla

Post by scylla »

Thank you, Felis, for all the info and links in your opening post :)

I set VLC to work... very discouraging for quite a while :sleep:

First it was black, then...

Then... :)

Now all we need is LSEs :loveshower:

I shall try to follow this nest but I am very, very busy with the UK osprey season.
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

hello all. I so miss mom and dad. I pray they will nest there this year... does amyone know when they are due back??? I hope that they had a good winter and that we get to see them this year... :dunno:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello Maxie4Paws - we are also waiting. Actually they should be already there ...
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

airras

Post by airras »

:hi:
8:55

asteria

Post by asteria »

It looks like both of LSE couples decided to move to other nests. :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Looks like. I had the cam open the last two evenings, yesterday I think I heard LSE calls from far away. Today I heard all sorts of strange noises and dogs bark, but no LSE. What a pity!

airras

Post by airras »

:hi:
a pair of blackbirds nest visit :whistling:
7:24

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Look what I just discovered in the Pontu pictures of April 29:

:loveshower:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

In spite of the extensive "gardening" work Urmas and Joosep have done, the nettles and plants have already started to grow :slap:

airras

Post by airras »

:hi
7:27
there are people working near the nest blows are heard :puzzled:
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

:hi: Felis,

please, do you have a time of your pontu pic 29. April?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, this particular is from 5:58 AM, according to Pontu the bird was there between 5:56 and 6:00 AM.
But those are the only pictures I found so far! :unsure:

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Thanks Felis,

these eagles seem to be very early in the morning on the way - it's like Eha and Koit.
My recent observations of Eha and Koit on 27 April were also very early. Saw an eagle in the nest and some minutes later I have two voices heard, one very near (maybe eagle in nest before) the second first farther away and then too very close to the nest.
Unfortunately, it was suddenly very loud, the different sounds and barking of several dogs. The eagle votes were then very quiet and silent.
No idea whether this disruption could have an impact on a nest cover. But since this day could not hear a calling or see an eagle :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Shanta, in Eha and Koit's case it may be that they have changed back to their old nest. We have seen both birds and that's what they did do in 2011 too, they built this nest some 60 m (if I remember correct) away from the old one.

With Tuuli and Remo, I am not so sure, we have not seen both birds together and although I have heard LSE calls in the far distance the other day in the evening, I'm in no way sure who it was and if it was more than one bird. It may be that they also built new, it may be that only one bird returned. But this we cannot say for sure unless one of our eaglemen can confirm this suspicion.

Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Thanks Felis for reply.
So maybe it was only a visit on both nest - let us see what how it goes.
But such a pity for all observer ... and me :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I think it is a disappointment for all of us, as in this year we seem to be particularly unlucky, also with the Black Storks. But the birds can't be forced to breed or use a certain nest. And before the season it is not known to Urmas or his friends where or what nest will be used.
Maybe next year is a better year again, and for LSE - at least one Latvian cam is working now, even if a bit jerky and unstable - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=664&start=40 - but be aware, there are already two eggs in the nest! But there are breeding LSE!

asteria

Post by asteria »

Felis silvestris wrote:I think it is a disappointment for all of us, as in this year we seem to be particularly unlucky, also with the Black Storks. But the birds can't be forced to breed or use a certain nest. And before the season it is not known to Urmas or his friends where or what nest will be used.
Maybe next year is a better year again, and for LSE - at least one Latvian cam is working now, even if a bit jerky and unstable - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=664&start=40 - but be aware, there are already two eggs in the nest! But there are breeding LSE!
Yes, five failed nests in fact. Only Klaara&Klaus are doing fine.
sigge

Post by sigge »

10:20 Oh, a stork is clapping in the background, white or black.
Also heard Chiffchaff, Wood Warbler, Blackcap, Cuckoos and more.

Edit: more clapping around 10:50
sigge

Post by sigge »

oh, heard a Väike-kärbsenäpp (Ficedula parva) Red-breasted Flycatcher singing, so beautiful :loveshower:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”