Ospreys and Eagles in Finland ~ 2009 & 2010

Moose

Re: Ospreys and Eagles in Finland

Post by Moose »

:loveshower:

Now again I'm trying to add a photo to this forum:

This is the first osprey on the 5th of April here in Seili! I hope this will do...

:2thumbsup: I did it! :nod:
Millan

Post by Millan »

Congrat's, Moose!!

Ospreys are the most beautiful birds. :loveshower:

Let´s hope the nesting proceed
properly, because that´s why it has arrived to Seili! :nod:
Liis

Post by Liis »

ame wrote:BUT there is a problem with the Photobucket :puzzled: . it doesn't understand my order of the pictures. i have named them with a running number 1,2,3,...,9,10,11,12,... but the stupid P-bucket organizes them in order 1,10,100,11,110,... and what ever. i tried to reorganize the pics in proper order but i didn't manage to do it. does anyone of you have an idea of how to teach P-buckket ot count right?? :puzzled:
:offtobed:
Try numbering them 001, 002 (or 0001, ... if you plan for thousands of pics!), 010, 011 etc.
Haven't tried it on Photobucket, often helps elsewhere when a system doesn't "understand" values of numbers.
ame

Post by ame »

congratulations Moose for the picture!

and Liis: i have thought about the same number trick you mentioned but it's easier said than done, if i take a long series of pictures in a row, a picture in every 15 sec's. in that case it is easy enough to lose count of the pictures even if they have only 2 digits... :mrgreen: . then i would have to rename all of the pic-files afterwards, adding the extra 0's. but that would work with the P-bucket, i think.

instead i have organized the pictures in P-bucket after up-loading them. first i organize the album 'after file-name' (or something like that; i can't remember the exact words. it is one of the organization options there.) that way the pictures will end up in order 1, 10, 11, 12, ..., 19, 2, 20, 21,... and so on. then it is relatively little work left to drag-and-drop pictures 2, 3, 4, ... in their proper places. any ways: it seems that either way you have to do some manual work. 8-)
tell me if you find a way to avoid that!
yours, lazy ame . :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

there's an osprey sitting on the nest in Hailuoto!! :loveshower:
i haven't seen anyone there before this spring, but i haven't been hanging around there. i checked the scenery there on Thursday and then almost all of the snow was gone.

it's a shame i can't take a picture from there. does anyone know how to do it?? :puzzled:
maybe it is impossible, because i think the camera is privately owned by a photographer there and it's his business.
ame

Post by ame »

i went to check the 'nest news' in Hailuoto. it seems that the ospreys have returned there already on Tuesday Apr 21st. before that the nest has been visited by eagles on several occasions.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Yes, here they are!
I used Faststone to capture this still image.

Picture removed in accordance with owner's wishes.
Olga

Post by Olga »

ame wrote:there's an osprey sitting on the nest in Hailuoto!! :loveshower:
i haven't seen anyone there before this spring, but i haven't been hanging around there. i checked the scenery there on Thursday and then almost all of the snow was gone.

it's a shame i can't take a picture from there. does anyone know how to do it?? :puzzled:
maybe it is impossible, because i think the camera is privately owned by a photographer there and it's his business.
There are two osprays! Try to take using Print Screen. Press Ctrl+PrtScr. The open the Paint, and paste the print screen there, then save the pic in your forder.

The cam view has copyright by Studio V. Pulkkinen. studio.v@pulkkinen.inet.fi
Is it a crime to take pics from that cam view?? :puzzled:

Admin - Picture removed in accordance with owner's wishes.
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

:laugh: Renandeli :laugh:

Our great minds think alike, at the same moment! :bow:
Patsycat

Post by Patsycat »

Does this Osprey have a marker on his wing??

Ah - now they are both there - The one in front flew in and mantled over something!!

SAVE THE EARTH!!
It's the only Planet
With Chocolate!
ame

Post by ame »

hi Renandeli & JO!
yes i tried it and managed to save a picture and it took the whole view with the Mozilla headlines and stuff. did you later edit the picture, removing all that extra stuff? a lot of work and takes time.. but on the other hand, you don't seem to be afraid of work, are you? :D

i also managed to take a picture myself using the right mouse button on the picture and selecting the 'print' option and the choosing the MS Office Document Image Write option. then it asks file name and after you give it one it saves the picture goes to my Document folder. there are no Mozilla headlines in there picture, only a black area below the picture. it's not absolutely necessary to remove that. the whole process is a bit awkward and takes a lot of time... :puzzled:

if we post this Pulkkinen-fellow's pictures here could be taken as free advertisements, and not a crime, i think... 8-)
Olga

Post by Olga »

I looked those pictures and wondered if there might have been appeared an egg.. No, I have not seen any .. :puzzled:

Olga

Post by Olga »

ame congratulations, you made it! :2thumbsup:
ame
did you later edit the picture, removing all that extra stuff? a lot of work and takes time.. but on the other hand, you don't seem to be afraid of work, are you?
Yes, I did. I cut the area which I wanted in the pic (and removed at same time the extra stuff) , and opened then a new an empty Paint page and pasted the picture I had chosen there, and then saved it. It just feels 'complicated'!! :rolleyes:
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Jo UK wrote:Yes, here they are!
I used Faststone to capture this still image.
Good evening Everybody!

As I see he has a mobile phone under his leg too :)

Admin - Apologies to George for removing the picture, in accordance with the owner's wishes.
"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
macko50

Post by macko50 »

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Olga

Post by Olga »

Eating time in Seili at 10:38. There is a Ring! Why didn't I notice it before ? ..

ame

Post by ame »

i was wondering about the same thing this morning when i saw the ring. :puzzled: i haven't been able to spot any markers on the birds here so far. but i haven't been looking at these zoomed-in-pictures much, but the wide-angle pictures. could it be that there is another female??? :puzzled: the nest has been relatively empty during the beginning of this week, and suddenly yesterday there were these birds again at the nest almost any time you took a glimpse there.

also in the nest in Hailuoto there is at least one bird about all the time now. the other one of them has a ring on his/her left foot, i think. i have a hunch it is the female, but i'm not sure. i've been busy taking pictures on two osprey channels and haven't been able to concentrate on the content of pictures, so far. :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

this is to test whether i can edit and post my Hailuoto pictures:

...hmm, seems to work. it's still too big but it is there.
(it took an incredible amount of work and unbelievable amount of patience. :slap: i wonder do i still remember how i did it from beginning to end :puzzled: :mrgreen: )
Admin - Ame - So sorry to delete this picture, after all the work you put into it :D
This is in accordance with the owner's wishes.
ame

Post by ame »

let's try another one:
ok. this is how it went
- took pictures with right mouse button -> selected 'print' and then selected printer: MS Office Document Image Writer and then gave a file name ('hxx', where xx is a running index number). this is fast enough so that you can take pictures in a row at the same pace as the camera view is refreshed.
later i edited the pictures as follows:
- opened the picture file and cropped it with the 'select'-tool and then copied image (= ctrl+I)
- opened PAINT and pasted the image (= ctrl+V)
- saved the image by choosing File -> Save as -> gave name 'hxx' + selected filetype jpeg.
I guess this is what you Renandeli tried to explain me, but i'm so stupid and clumsy that it took me some time to learn it. :faint:
finally i was able to upload these pictures in P-bucket. :shake:
i think this is enough for today. i'll take care of the rest of the pictures later. this is such hard work on a Sunday... 8-)
Admin - again, ame, sorry to delete that picture for copyright reasons, as I think the Finnish language text says on their forum
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

ame wrote:hi Renandeli & JO!
yes i tried it and managed to save a picture and it took the whole view with the Mozilla headlines and stuff. did you later edit the picture, removing all that extra stuff? a lot of work and takes time.. but on the other hand, you don't seem to be afraid of work, are you? :D

i also managed to take a picture myself using the right mouse button on the picture and selecting the 'print' option and the choosing the MS Office Document Image Write option. then it asks file name and after you give it one it saves the picture goes to my Document folder. there are no Mozilla headlines in there picture, only a black area below the picture. it's not absolutely necessary to remove that. the whole process is a bit awkward and takes a lot of time... :puzzled:

if we post this Pulkkinen-fellow's pictures here could be taken as free advertisements, and not a crime, i think... 8-)
Hi Ame,
I use two different screen capture programs.
Fraps is best for moving images such as a stream from a webcam.
Faststone is good (and easy) for taking a pic of any part of the screen or picture. You can control the amount of the picture you want to capture. When it is from a webcam, I usually don't crop anything - then the date/time stamp is still visible, or the owners' mark remains. That is one way of showing when and where the picture was taken.

With Fraps, I just have to press F10 for a capture from a webcam. With Faststone then it is Ctrl +Print screen. They are saved as jpg and are easier to load into bucket.
I confess I have the paid-for versions of each. Considering the nature of our interests, here, it seemed a justifiable expense! There is a free version of Fraps but that means going through the extra hoops of saving as jpg.

Concerning copyright, it is usually acceptable to take and use a picture provided the original source is quoted. For example
Picture taken from Looduskalender EE

Return to “Osprey”