White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Solo

Re: White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Post by Solo »

Abigyl wrote:... I watched it live and later 2 times on video. It's :thumbs: ...
video also by Lady Hawk https://youtu.be/4TRWami69js
Lady Hawk: The Baroness arrives to the nest first and we we a beautiful sunset in the background. The cam buffers and Solo is on the nest with her. He is very interested in preening her feathers but the Baroness is not too happy with that action and pulls away several times. She is very patient with her teenage son's behavior but eventually she tells him to stop it. Both Solo and Mom spend the night together on the nest as darkness descends in Smola. The Baron was not seen today on the cams but reports are that he was seen in the area. Solo still loves his nest and Mom - but eventually he will need to leave on his own.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Abigyl wrote:He also came yesterday, Jan 14, and stayed alone for the night. ...
photos by Pascale Ragon: https://en.zooom.no/eagles-nest/image-l ... Bie0LEXJQi (leftwards the second etc.)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

The interpretation of Lady Hawk is wrong. Solo did not preen the feathers of Baroness :rolleyes:
And Solo did not love her mom... it is a Eagle, not a babie- Solo like to have food, to stay in that nest ....nothing else. It has been scientifically proven that this kind of love doesn't exist.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote:The interpretation of Lady Hawk is wrong. ...
Good morning Liz, TY very much for yours opinion. :wave:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning Solo :hi:

You're very welcome. I'm still practicing this kind of videos, for the future Black Stork season. :laugh:

For Solo, the nest means safety and food.
His behavior yesterday was a bit aggressive, he pecked into Baroness' wings and chest.
Unfortunately, the microphone is not good at this nest. You can see that Solo calls a lot, but you do not hear his voice. Thus, one can not judge whether it is begging or annoying calls. That's a pity!
Abigyl wrote:.......I hope Ame will watch this one, It's a special case :mrgreen:
Her opinion would be really interesting. She's been studying the behaviour of WTE's for years.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote:... I'm still practicing this kind of videos, for the future Black Stork season. :laugh: ...
:2thumbsup: :D
Liz01 wrote:For Solo, the nest means safety and food.His behavior yesterday was a bit aggressive, he pecked into Baroness' wings and chest. ...
yes, I interpreted Solos behavior also in this way. Solo wants to be the nest owner? (Durberta :mrgreen: )
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

January 18

Solo was here over night :laugh:

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Day came very early today and he is staying longer...

Around 08:00 there were calls of 2? eagles. A chat :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

8:48 Solo pooped ..I think he will fly away soon
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote:8:48 Solo pooped ..I think he will fly away soon
Solo off at 8:49 - interesting departure :mrgreen:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

17:30 All 3 of them are home.

A parent on the lower branch

Solo + parent on the nest

Good night !
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Baroness is on the lower branch, Solo in the nest

That was a strange arrival today. Solo was followed by Dad, or vice versa. There were screaming and calling of both.
Solo screamed like a little chick, on the left side .. then he came in the nest - head down for a very long time.

Two swans and the Baroness :innocent:

The baron

Solo
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote:Baroness is on the lower branch, Solo in the nest .... Solo screamed like a little chick, on the left side .. then he came in the nest - head down for a very long time.
... he was asking permission to stay :mrgreen: (Solo)

yes, Abigyl, all 3 are "at home" (the third eagle/Baron :puzzled: on upper branch)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Liz01 wrote:Baroness is on the lower branch, Solo in the nest .... Solo screamed like a little chick, on the left side .. then he came in the nest - head down for a very long time.
Solo wrote: ... he was asking permission to stay :mrgreen: (Solo) .........https://s17.postimg.org/50o3apc5b/Solo_2.jpg
Solo :hi: , Good Morning and thanks a lot! :2thumbsup: I've been thinking about your comment and you're probably right! It is very helpful for me!

Conclusion of yesterday evening:

Baroness comes to the nest and flies to the lower branch. After a while two eagles fly screaming past and land on the left side. The Baron and Solo. Solo was chased away
by the Baron. Baron and Baroness announce loudly that the nest now belongs to them. Solo flies away and returned after a short while.
 He was on the left side and flew into the nest. Solo turned his head down. It means, he's asking permission to be allowed to stay.

BTW: Baroness is on the lower branch, Solo in the nest and the Baron on the upper branch.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Liz01, thank you for video! :wave:

So pitty that good-buy time has come for Solo :unsure:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

you're welcome, lianaliesma :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

January 23

:hi:

Svein Junge, Norwegian Chat
January 22nd. 2018, at. 4:20 p.m.
Took this picture at Smøla yesterday. I think it's Baron Blue. He sat on a small island within his territory. The image was taken handheld and from a long distance.
https://zooom.no/havornreiret/live

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

16:26 Solo Arrived. It's not yet his time to go :mrgreen: Will it be one day?? :headroll:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

16:50 The kid jumped down to mom's branch
Solo

Post by Solo »

:hi: Abigyl, TY :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Solo! Happy 9 months belated birthday (yesterday :mrgreen: )

:hi: Liz, Ty very much :thumbs:

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”