White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

macko50

Re: White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Post by macko50 »

Ca. 8:00 Baron brought a fish

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
macko50

Post by macko50 »

11:50 Baron brought a fish.

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:puzzled:
From Tidens Krav chat:
Kari Lystrup
for 33 minutter siden

Spennende å følge med på utviklingen til disse flotte ørnene :-D Litt bekymra nå, den ene ungen slukte nettopp noe som liknet en stor vinkork...går det bra tro ?
Google translation:
Kari Lystrup
33 minutes ago

Interesting to follow the development of these magnificent eagles -d bit worried now , one child swallowed just something that resembled a large wine cork ... it goes to work?
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Hello :hi:

Today beautiful pictures and videos :loveshower:

One Chick :D

Another Chick :D

Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

June 25.
Good Morning :hi:
Owlie wrote::puzzled:
From Tidens Krav chat:
Today Morning I saw this:wine cork. Now there are at least two cork in the nest. How did they get there?
I do know that the cork is used in fishing like float...maybe :puzzled:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Thank you Kinga83 for really nice pictures!

It is strange if the "wine corks" exist on the nest. Could they be something else, something edible instead? I mean no digest system could "smelt"/digest that sort of object - it would mean dead for the bird who eats something like it ...

Today on the chat:
Geir Tore Tjosaas Mæhlefor 2 timer siden
Hvor mange vinkorker er det i reiret?... så nettopp en av ungene spise en kork... ser også at noen hadde sett det samme i går... er det slik at de gulper opp korken og så spiser den på nytt, eller er det snakk om flere korker ?
By Google translated:
Geir Tore Tjosaas Mæhlefor 2 hours ago
How many wine bottle corks it in the nest ? ... Then just one of the kids eat a cork ... also see that someone had seen the same thing yesterday ... is it that they regurgitate the cork and then eat it again , or are we talking about more corks ?
Bjørg Grimstadfor 3 hours ago
Kari -Anne : The cork has probably been in the belly of a fish - amazing what eg cod eat
So, what else can we do instead of leaving wine bottle corks in the nature?
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Good afternoon! :wave:

18:00 Baron brought a fish

George
macko50

Post by macko50 »

June 26.

Ca.: 7:30 Baronessen brought a fish.

George
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Macko TY the videos and beautiful pictures :thumbs:

The cork....it's very interesting. I can explain it quite difficult, how they got into the nest. Maybe a fish swallowed them, I read these as possible. I did not see that one chick had eaten one. I hope not.
In any case, it seems both chicks are doing well. This is important :rolleyes:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
It's time to sleep, although at this time of year there is no complete darkness here.
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

June 29.

Good Morning and Have a nice week everyone :hi: :hi:

Morning (circa 8.30.) Baroness brought a Fish (I think it was flatfish..maybe :puzzled: ), but one of chick took it, so wasn't feeding. Beetween the chicks was a minor "dispute": Whose is this Fish? :mrgreen:

Finally, they both tried eating. :shake:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

July 02.

LT 6.21. Dad brought a little Fish :shake:

Interesting, these two chicks are not as violent as Durberts in Latvia nest. Here no permanent screaming :mrgreen: They are not aggressive nor their parents or each other. I suppose there's a hierarchy among the siblings, but not spectacular.

I tried to distinguish between the two chicks :rolleyes: . The camera would be closer to the girl, the more distant the boy ?? :puzzled:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

From Tides Krav
Google Translation
- Eaglets named after Ludvig Holberg comedy from 1722. Both are still in the Baron's bed or nest if you want.

It was because ørnefaren named Baron Blue, and when the kid woke up in the Baron's bed or nest , so I thought Jeppe was a natural suggestion , says Lehmann .

The jury bought with skin and hair , and brothers Espen and Audun Lie Dahl , Johannes Schroder and TKTVs Svein Junge , found itself that it had sister named Nille .

- Not least because she has been awful to chop and shred with Jeppe , says Junge .
Jeppe and Nille is thus name from Holberg comedy that has delighted theater audiences for centuries.
http://www.tk.no/havorn/havornreiret/sm ... 5-51-83680
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

It looks to me as the Norwegian Tidens Krav chat more or less is about Durberts as there happens something in Latvia ... :unsure:
I myself was more or less kicked out from the Swedish eagle FB group because I wanted to chat also of ospreys and American eaglets - even if there were many others, too, who found those species interesting ...
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

22:15 Dad brought a fish for eaglets.
With these camera settings one can see how massive the nest is.
Owlie wrote:It looks to me as the Norwegian Tidens Krav chat more or less is about Durberts as there happens something in Latvia ... :unsure:
BTW On Australian sea eagle's forum chatters also discussed Durberts fledge yesterday.
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Good Morning and a Have a nice week everyone :hi:

5.45. One chick eat (I think she is Nille) and other chick stand on the edge of the nest. Probably he is Jeppe. Or just the opposite?? But I'm still not sure who is who :whistling:

About the names....very pleasing :thumbs: Although I do not know of that comedy.
Owlie, yes, I have experienced that Durberts toward greater interest than for other chicks and nests. Here in the forum as well.....there can be almost every detail, but there are hardly any comments in other nests. Unfortunately, I can not watch the cameras all day. So many things - except Durberts - miss :unsure:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

I count correctly? The chicks are now 64 and 63 days :puzzled:
Sthey begin used to branch :whistling:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Google translation from Tidens Krav page May 4th:
The tension is released. Eaglets number two came out of the egg Monday morning.
Just a few hours after the first kid came out of the egg May 2nd , celebrated Baron Blue a feast consisting of villsaulam the nest edge . There seems to be a cadaver that he had found.
According to this the chick #1 as I count would be 64 days old today ... I did not check LK thread.

Good question is which one is Jeppe and which Nille - Nille is the bigger one as female and possible today to distinguish - but which one of them hatched first?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

It's raining cats and dogs, eaglets are drenched.
Exercising or drying wings?
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

July 7.

It's a very bad weather, but the wind is lucky for the wing exercises :whistling: The camera sometimes is enough bad :slap:
Maybe a bit more if I could watch the chicks, then I could distinguish them, but it is difficult...
Owlie TY the exact date. I remember I first saw the first chicks on 3 May (I looked back the forum), and I calculated from that date :rolleyes:

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”