White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Kinga83

Re: White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Post by Kinga83 »

:hi:
Mamicja Thanks the video :laugh:
I'm very happy, I could see these two chicks grow up! Together they were on their way. :loveshower:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Circa 19.30. Dad in the nest with pray, maybe Fish. He waited for the kids, but they do not come :shake:
Therefore, Dad flew, the prey remained in the nest. It seems that the chicks are not hungry, they discover the world :whistling:

Edit: the cam is wrong :slap:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

A comment on the Tidens Krav page from Espen Lie Dahl, the ornithologist of the chicks' maiden flight out of the nest (Google Translation):
Espen Lie Dahl Espen Lie Dahlfor 4 hours ago
Hi! So finally got the kids to the skies . It may look like something close they got on their wings , but they were more than ready for his first 'flight tour' . They hold up now in close proximity to the nest in parental territory and will continue to do so in a good sound yet. Food gets the parent . First autumn they will start exploring the areas farther away. I'll look after the kids when I'm out at sea eagle safari this week and will notify here if I see those :)
The fish that got into the nest yesterday was a small saithe in excess of 0.5kg . The Baron himself is the comparison about 5 kg .
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

July 28th
Today Baron visited the nest at noon, but no signs of eaglets.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

1st Aug
Google translation from Tidens Krav page:
Svein Jung Tidens Krav moderator badgefor 8 hours ago
Smøla Report 10.30 . Svein called in the message that both kids are approximately 800-900m from the nest. One kid sat just a meter from what he believes is Baron . The second set a little more for themselves. This "eaglet" flew for a while and sat down on a ridge . Flink pilot. :-) Photos will be posted tonight when Svein is back .....
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Google translation
Svein Junge Tidens Krav moderator badgefor an hour ago
Hi friends! Now do not worry about anything more . Nille and Jeppe is in great shape . Baron Blue and Baroness Barfot are great parents who take care of their children. I ran " half Smøla " by boat today and saw several eagles kids, but I must say it was a wonderful sight when I finally caught sight of Baron Blue and Jeppe . Soon afterward, so I Nille . I took pictures with a 200 mm at a distance so as not to disturb our ørnefamilien . Here it was important to document for you than to take great close-ups . I pulled myself away without scaring them . They are so close nest that it is likely they will take a trip back , but we must surely also realize that they will explore the magnificent Smøla coastline . We begrudge them that, do not we? So it is when the kids leave the nest . Svein :)
Nille - 50 m from Baron Blå and Jeppe

Nille 100 m from Baron Blå and Jeppe

Baron Blå and Jeppe
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:wave: Owlie
I saw a boat close to the nest, maybe it was Svein?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::wave: Owlie
I saw a boat close to the nest, maybe it was Svein?
:wave:
It may well have been he :laugh:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

From Tidens Krav page, Google translation
Svein Junge Tidens Krav moderator badge for 7 hours ago
Trine : As long as we have viewers camera will remain on . And viewers , we have thousands still . If ørneparet (= the eagle couple) our go nesting next year , we will certainly follow them another season . We have some plans for improvements as well. Regards Svein
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

An article on Tidens Krav page (Google translation)
The kids flew out of the eagles nest Saturday 25 July. Since they have mostly remained in the vicinity and with their parents.
It says Espen Lie Dahl from Smøla Naturopplevelser. He scout eager with binoculars to spot the two world famous celebrity kids.
- You followed the live broadcast from the eagles nest from the start. Have you got some surprises along the way?
- I am surprised that Baron Blue has contributed as much as he has done. Especially early in the breeding season. Then I had perhaps expected that the Baroness should have taken bigger part in incubation than she did. Otherwise it has progressed as expected when it first became successful.
- What is it Nille and Jeppe has been fed?
- They've got varied diet; fledglings, a few mammals, but essentially they've got fish, just as expected.
- What happens next with Nille and Jeppe?
- They will remain in the immediate area and Nordmøre in winter. Survives the winter, they will fly far, probably north, then return here this summer. This will make each year for five years until they are adults and get the white tail and yellow beak. Then the urge to acquire own partner and own territory sign up.
- Grows eagles population at Smøla?
- Yes, it does. Today we have about 50 adult stable havørnpar on Smøla. So far I've overview, these pairs produced 31 eagles kids.
Some pictures: http://www.tk.no/havornreiret/havorn/sm ... 5-51-95219
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

21:35 Eagle flew in on the nest tree. It was too far to see, if the eagle had rings ( Baron, Baronessen?). Eagle was looking around and preening and stayed here for the night. No view of eaglets.

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

The camera operator was looking today for eagles on the opposite shore. No eagles visible, but this area is wonderful.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Guess what I saw today :loveshower:
When I opened the camera at 18:00 Baron was there.
18:56 Baronessen flew to the nest
20:03 One of eaglets flew in ( I could hear also the second one, but out of view)
Baronessen flew away. Baron and eaglet are still in the nest.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
Guess what I saw today :loveshower:
When I opened the camera at 18:00 Baron was there.
18:56 Baronessen flew to the nest
20:03 One of eaglets flew in ( I could hear also the second one, but out of view)
Baronessen flew away. Baron and eaglet are still in the nest.
Lucky you, Mamicja! Thanks for the pictures! Awesome that they still keep on coming to the nest!
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

One eaglet just flew to the nest :loveshower:

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

19.25 :loveshower:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

19:50 Eaglet is again in the nest (stream is very poor)
19:36 Baronnessen flew to the nest
19:39 Baron joined her
19:43 Baron flew to his favourite branch
19:50 Eaglet flew to the nest, Baronessen flew away and Baron a moment later
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

14:20 Eaglet visits the nest
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

15:01 Eaglet flew away

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Weather is very windy today with strong gusts, the nest performs crazy dance.
18:44 Baronessen in the nest

18:52 Baron flew in

18:54 Eaglet started to scream (out of view), Baron moved on his favourite branch and soon flew away

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”